Topics

locked Audio alert for Band Activity Window

Marion D. Kitchens

Is there an audio alert for any and all Band Activity ??  I find one for Rx Activity, but not for the Band Activity window.
I like to monitor six meter activity, and when I am in an adjoining room, an audio alert would let me know of any band activity.

Marion,   K4GOK

Michael Black

Don't the standard alerts for wanted call and such work for you?  Band activity means nothing if you can't see anybody.

de MIke W9MDB

On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 9:42:47 AM CST, Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:

Is there an audio alert for any and all Band Activity ??  I find one for Rx Activity, but not for the Band Activity window.
I like to monitor six meter activity, and when I am in an adjoining room, an audio alert would let me know of any band activity.

Marion,   K4GOK

Marion D. Kitchens

Mike,

Yes, the standard alerts work fine.  I was looking for an alert I did not find.  An alert for any activity in the Band Activity pane, so I could be in an adjourning room and know when there was activity on six meters.  Looking for any activity, as opposed to new calls, new country, etc, etc

Does that make sense?

Marion,   K4GOK

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:14:57 +0000 (UTC) "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> writes:

Don't the standard alerts for wanted call and such work for you?  Band activity means nothing if you can't see anybody.

de MIke W9MDB

On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 9:42:47 AM CST, Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:

Is there an audio alert for any and all Band Activity ??  I find one for Rx Activity, but not for the Band Activity window.
I like to monitor six meter activity, and when I am in an adjoining room, an audio alert would let me know of any band activity.

Marion,   K4GOK

Marion D. Kitchens

Maybe I should have been more specific.  I am looking for an alert that tells me when there is activity on six meters (for example).  An alert saying there is ongoing propagation.   I am thinking only one band at a time, obviously.   Makes no sence on, say 20 meters.  But on bands like 6 meters, where there are often long periods of time when the band is completely dead.   What I was looking for was an alert that told me there was propagation on that particular band.  Make sence now ??

Marion,   K4GOK

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:14:57 +0000 (UTC) "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> writes:

Don't the standard alerts for wanted call and such work for you?  Band activity means nothing if you can't see anybody.

de MIke W9MDB

On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 9:42:47 AM CST, Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:

Is there an audio alert for any and all Band Activity ??  I find one for Rx Activity, but not for the Band Activity window.
I like to monitor six meter activity, and when I am in an adjoining room, an audio alert would let me know of any band activity.

Marion,   K4GOK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/01/2019 2:42 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
Is there an audio alert for any and all Band Activity ??  I find one for Rx Activity, but not for the Band Activity window.
I like to monitor six meter activity, and when I am in an adjoining room, an audio alert would let me know of any band activity.

Marion,   K4GOK
Marion,

The "Out of Shack" alert (OOS for short) is what you want. It can be set to generate an audio alert on detection of any decodes received. So if enabled while monitoring a dead band, the alert will sound when you start receiving decodes. Unlike the other alert types, the OOS allows for a repeat of its audio file (1 to 5 times) to help with getting your attention.

See the Settings, "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts -> Out of Shack" section.

The Alert can be easily enabled/disabled via the Alerts menu of the JTAlert titlebar.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

Thank you Laurie.  That is  exactly what I was looking for :-)
What fantastic software you have provided us :-)

Marion,   K4GOK

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 06:26:35 +1100 "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> writes:

[...]

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Fantastic tip for 6 meters waiting for meteor scatter on 50.260 or FT8 activity on 50.313. Particularly at this time of year, it's great for monitoring 313 where there is very little activity.

I just happened to be reading the list and saw the explanation and implemented it immediately!

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:
[...]

Hasan,

Been running it that way for a while this afternoon.  Works great !!  Made several six meter contracts I would have otherwise missed.

Marion,  K4GOK

On 11/01/2019 12:26 pm, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
Been running it that way for a while this afternoon.  Works great !!  Made several six meter contracts I would have otherwise missed.

Marion,  K4GOK
Marion,

Good to hear of the Contacts and that you found the Out of Shack feature useful.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

Laurie,
Yes, most useful.  I had seen the option before but did not knoiw what it did.   Thank you again
Marion,   K4GOK