locked Missing setting version 2.12.6

vk7cej@y7mail.com

I searched, and could not find, so apologies if I or someone else has posted this before.   my memory just does not recall if I did post before..  sorry

Anyway, the missing settings...  Prior to version 2.12.6, when you opened settings and clicked on 'Logging'  directly beneath the tick boxes under 'Confirmed / Worked Bands Display' there were Two additional settings under the label 'Logged Frequency',   these settings were 'QRG only'  or  'QRG + DF (true RF)

These selections are no longer there and now my log shows all sorts of weird and wonderful frequencies, which I personally do not like.    Were these selections left off on purpose, or is this an error ???

regards
John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/11/2018 9:10 AM, vk7cej@... via Groups.Io wrote:

I searched, and could not find, so apologies if I or someone else has posted this before.   my memory just does not recall if I did post before..  sorry

Anyway, the missing settings...  Prior to version 2.12.6, when you opened settings and clicked on 'Logging'  directly beneath the tick boxes under 'Confirmed / Worked Bands Display' there were Two additional settings under the label 'Logged Frequency',   these settings were 'QRG only'  or  'QRG + DF (true RF)

These selections are no longer there and now my log shows all sorts of weird and wonderful frequencies, which I personally do not like.    Were these selections left off on purpose, or is this an error ???

regards
John

The 2.12.6 release notes have the answer.

The relevant sections...
  Changes:
    - Option to log QRG only (dial frequency only) has been removed. Frequency
       now logged will always be the true Tx frequency (Dial + df). Note: Since
       WSJT-X doesn't provide the Rx frequency in the logged QSO packet, the Rx
       frequency logged will be the Tx frequency.

  Fixes:
    - Incorrect logging of dial & df (reported via the WSJT-X status packet) when
       Band is changed before finalising logging of the last QSO. That is the WSJT-X
       Log QSO window is open, the Band is changed before logging the QSO via the
       OK button on the Log QSO window.

Unless WSJT-X changes in the future (which I doubt) to include the dial freq and DF in the Logged QSO data packet, than this change in JTAlert behaviour is permanent and unlikely to be reversed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim - N4ST

Release notes for 2.12.6 includes the statement:

- Option to log QRG only (dial frequency only) has been removed. Frequency

       now logged will always be the true Tx frequency (Dial + df). Note: Since

       WSJT-X doesn't provide the Rx frequency in the logged QSO packet, the Rx

       frequency logged will be the Tx frequency.

______________

73,

Jim – N4ST

I searched, and could not find, so apologies if I or someone else has posted this before.   my memory just does not recall if I did post before..  sorry

Anyway, the missing settings...  Prior to version 2.12.6, when you opened settings and clicked on 'Logging'  directly beneath the tick boxes under 'Confirmed / Worked Bands Display' there were Two additional settings under the label 'Logged Frequency',   these settings were 'QRG only'  or  'QRG + DF (true RF)

These selections are no longer there and now my log shows all sorts of weird and wonderful frequencies, which I personally do not like.    Were these selections left off on purpose, or is this an error ???

regards
John

roamer

Question!  WTH does the freq., within a Very few Hz, mean in the real world?

vk7cej@y7mail.com

thanks for that Laurie

73

John

Dave Garber

That messes up the cluster spots, for those that have cat control.   a spot for 14.07400 is what wsjt-x expects, I have always used the extra hz to tell where on the waterfall to look for the dx?

now the radio goes to 14.07650 is that is the spot with the DF, so now my radio is way out of ft8 band

I guess another learning curve to overcome

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM vk7cej@... via Groups.Io <vk7cej=y7mail.com@groups.io> wrote:

thanks for that Laurie