Topics

locked Missing JTAlert titlebar menu - Try this alternate layout build. #IMPORTANT, #FIX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

For those users affected by the loss of the JTAlert titlebar menu after a recent update to Windows 10 ver 1809, please try this alternate layout build of JTAlert...

https://dnl.HamApps.com/Testing/HamApps_JTAlert_AL_2.12.5_build_0010_Setup.exe

This build (AL = Alternate Layout) is based on code used to overcome a similar problem with Windows 10 Insider Preview releases that occurred for several of the Insider releases, some months ago.

Please Note: Not all Win10 1809 users are affected. It has not been reported by any on the Beta team, and none of my Win10 1809 PCs exhibit this loss of menu behaviour. At this time, I can only speculate as to the root cause. It is unlikely that a true fix will be found in the near future.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave Corio

��� I did report this earlier, but not on the proper (Beta) channel. Also due to the recent Windows 1809 update.

��� This version 0010 does fix the problem!

Tnx es 73
Dave - KB3MOW

On 10/4/2018 6:19 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
For those users affected by the loss of the JTAlert titlebar menu after a recent update to Windows 10 ver 1809, please try this alternate layout build of JTAlert...

https://dnl.HamApps.com/Testing/HamApps_JTAlert_AL_2.12.5_build_0010_Setup.exe

This build (AL = Alternate Layout) is based on code used to overcome a similar problem with Windows 10 Insider Preview releases that occurred for several of the Insider releases, some months ago.

Please Note: Not all Win10 1809 users are affected. It has not been reported by any on the Beta team, and none of my Win10 1809 PCs exhibit this loss of menu behaviour. At this time, I can only speculate as to the root cause. It is unlikely that a true fix will be found in the near future.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rolf Flaathe

Works great Laurie Thanks !!

73 De LA9FFA Rolf  

Jay KA9CFD

That looks good Laurie. Thanks!

73 Jay KA9CFD

Robert Young

Thanks the update corrected my issues. 
Bob Young W9MO

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:56 PM Jay KA9CFD via Groups.Io <ka9cfd=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That looks good Laurie. Thanks!

73 Jay KA9CFD