locked JTAlert titlebar skewed

Jay KA9CFD

This morning the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809 was installed on my computer. Now JTAlert window titlebar on top is skewed to the side and I cannot access settings or see the Band Activity in the titlebar. Attached is a screenshot.

73 Jay KA9CFD

Michael Black

Are you using an increased font size?

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 10:02:17 AM CDT, Jay KA9CFD via Groups.Io <ka9cfd@...> wrote:

This morning the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809 was installed on my computer. Now JTAlert window titlebar on top is skewed to the side and I cannot access settings or see the Band Activity in the titlebar. Attached is a screenshot.

73 Jay KA9CFD

Jay KA9CFD

No, I have not changed anything other than Windows Feature Update. I tried to uninstall/reinstall including deleting the hamapps folder in the user directory for a totally scratch install but that didnt help. See attached screenshot.

Jay KA9CFD

Rolf Flaathe

I have the same problem, After installing Windows Feature Update this morning.

Rolf LA9FFA

Robert Young

It appears that the Windows 1809 update has also corrupted my JTAlet.

Bob W9MO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/10/2018 1:02 AM, Jay KA9CFD via Groups.Io wrote:
This morning the Windows 10 Feature Update 1809 was installed on my computer. Now JTAlert window titlebar on top is skewed to the side and I cannot access settings or see the Band Activity in the titlebar. Attached is a screenshot.

73 Jay KA9CFD
Jay,

I don't know what is going on. Something has changed with Win10, but what is unknown at this time. There was a similar problem some months ago with the Insider Previews of Win10. Eventually, Microsoft abandoned the changes in those Insider Previews that was causing this effect. Perhaps they have brought it back for this public 1809 release.

Unfortunately, at this time, I am not seeing this on my recently updated Win10 (to 1809) PCs.

On 4/10/2018 1:20 AM, Jay KA9CFD via Groups.Io wrote:
I tried to uninstall/reinstall including deleting the hamapps folder in the user directory for a totally scratch install but that didnt help. See attached screenshot.

Jay KA9CFD
Uninstalling &reinstalling JTAlert to correct a problem that occurred with a Windows update and not a JTAlert update is the wrong approach.
JTAlert didn't change, Windows did. The culprit is with the Windows change, so reinstalling JTAlert and deleting your JTAlert settings, as you discovered had no effect.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 4/10/2018 1:05 AM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Are you using an increased font size?

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

I am not seeing the effect here on my upgraded PCs and I run with Font scaling set to 175% due to using 4KHD monitors. I don't believe it is a font size effect.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K1DJE - Dave Corio

Laurie, is there any way to open the menu without being able to see the button on the title bar? With the title bar shifted there is no obvious way to get to the options. Perhaps a function key?

Thanks
Dave - KB3MOW

    Jay,

I don't know what is going on. Something has changed with Win10, but what is unknown at this time. There was a similar problem some months ago with the Insider Previews of Win10. Eventually, Microsoft abandoned the changes in those Insider Previews that was causing this effect. Perhaps they have brought it back for this public 1809 release.

Unfortunately, at this time, I am not seeing this on my recently updated Win10 (to 1809) PCs.

���

I"m on build 1809 too and don't see this problem.
Perhaps a corrupted config file?  Is there any setting in the config about the title bar?

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, October 4, 2018, 2:35:38 AM CDT, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 4/10/2018 1:05 AM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
> Are you using an increased font size?
>
> de Mike W9MDB

Mike,

I am not seeing the effect here on my upgraded PCs and I run with Font
scaling set to 175% due to using 4KHD monitors. I don't believe it is a
font size effect.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rolf Flaathe

F11 Will bring up the JTAlertX settings menu.

73 Rolf LA9FFA

K1DJE - Dave Corio

Thanks, Rolf! 73

On 10/4/2018 8:51 AM, Rolf Flaathe wrote:
F11 Will bring up the JTAlertX settings menu.

73 Rolf LA9FFA

Jay KA9CFD

Hello Laurie. Strange indeed. After a while yesterday switching between using WSJTX and JTDX, closing and opeing JTAlert, it now shows all of the title bar. The band activity area is now shifted over to the right covering up the minimize and close buttons. See attached Screen shot. And I have no clue how I got it to change. But at least its usable now.  lol.

73 Jay KA9CFD

Jay KA9CFD

Thanks Rolf. Thats good to know. Maybe an F-key shortcut listing can be put in the question mark menu in a future update?

73 Jay KA9CFD

Robert Young

I did a clean install of Windows with the 1809 update. It appears to me that the update is causing the problem.

Bob W9MO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/10/2018 11:23 PM, Jay KA9CFD via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Rolf. Thats good to know. Maybe an F-key shortcut listing can be put in the question mark menu in a future update?

73 Jay KA9CFD
The JTAlert Help File contains a topic on the default hotkey values. Search "HotKeys"
The "HamApps JTAlert" Windows start menu group (created durin JTAlert install) contains a link to the Help file.

de Laurie VK3AMA