From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:26 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert-X won't send QSO's to HRD anymore

I want to say a sincere thanks to Mike Black, W9MDB, for his help and knowledge of many things, of primary interest to me was getting WSJT-X working again.
That took Mike about 60 seconds to fix, after he found out that I used to be running a Beta version of WSJT-X, and somehow, it was updated to 1.9.1 and the upgrade wiped out everything in the Settings/Frequencies tab.  Somehow, I can't remember exactly how he did it, he repopulated this tab, and everything was working fine once again.
  But he also showed me a great deal about WSJT-X, JTAlertX, and proper use of my radio, and the SignaLink for best use in all the digital modes.
I am simply amazed at his wealth of knowledge and thankful for his help and suggestions for tweaking all this complexity to work at it's peak without stressing the radio while maintaining a powerful, but clean signal.

Now I have to write everything down so in case of something else going awry, I can put it back.

Thanks,

Robert AC2MM

On 8/1/2018 11:31 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:

Signalink is PTT only via VOX triggering from the PC side.  No CAT.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 8:04:00 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

Robert,

So much going on in your description.

Does the SignalLink support CAT control?
I suggest, you get WSJT-X HRD Cat Control working first, then move onto
Getting JTAlert Logging working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

--
Being an absolute "newbie" to JTAlert (four days), what does the asterisk denote to the left of the callsign in the callsign bars?

Rick Wines, W5FKW

Robert <Robert@...>

> [...]

> Right Pane:   CAT, Rear Data, USB, None
>
> Tab "Audio"
> Audio:   Both Input & Output  (5-USB Audio Codec)
>
> JTAlertX Settings
>
> Enable HRD V5/VB6 Logging, Checked
> Settings / HRD V5/V6 / PC IPv4 Address  127.0.0.1
> Settings / Sound Card / [3] Speakers / headphones (Realtek)  (This
> enables JTAlertX to announce the wanted Countries, etc through the
> stereo speaker system)
>
> That's everything I can think of to describe my situation.
> I had a previous WSJT situation which I won't go into now because adding
> the SignaLink cured that problem. (as well as some others)
>
> So the current status is that WSJT and JTAlert-X is working as it's
> own entity.
> 1.  JTAletrs-X won't send completed logs to HRD.
> 2.  I have no CAT control using WSJT.
>
> These are probably related, I don't know, but I'm looking for help

Dave Garber

Are you running wsjt in usb.   Or usb data?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, 4:43 PM Robert, <Robert@...> wrote:
Hi Dave,
I recently switched over to the SignaLink due to too many issues with the KW soundcard, WinOS, etc.

On the rear of the 590S, HRD said I need the Kenwood USB to computer COM cable for HRD to work.  Done.   HRD works fine.

The KW ACC2 Port, normally used for Data Communications, is once again hooked to the SignaLink on one side, the outgoing side goes to the other Com port on the computer.  the KW Menu #63 is set for ACC2, for Data Communications.

The DB9 Serial connector is connected to my SteppIR antenna, SDA 100 Controller.

Everything is set for 9600 Baud, because that's what the SteppIR requires.   Before the SignaLink, when I was running WSJT & JTAlert-X, if I made a band change in WSJT, the radio would switch to that frequency, and so would the antenna.

Now, when I'm running the DM-780 program, that's the way it works with the SignaLink installed.  Perfect.  When I switch bands, radio and antenna follows.
Can't do the same thing using WSJT however.
If I make a Radio change, WSJT will follow.
But WSJT can't initiate a change anymore without Cat control.

I know it's a setting somehow in WSJT, but neither I nor HRD can find it.

Thanks,

Robert AC2MM

On 8/1/2018 9:18 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
I have hrd on a ts590sg, with cat , if I can help.  you must have the db9 connection on the back, while the signalink should be set to vox, for ptt.  do you have the serial port via a usb adapter??

need more info on how you expect cat...  not via the signalink usb

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 9:16 PM, Robert <Robert@...> wrote:
de Laurie,
Oops, I know you didn't see my latest post because I asked the Moderator to pull the post itself.  I got it working again, most likely due to a reboot, but it's sending logs normally now again to HRD.  Sorry about that miscommunication.

Thanks,

Robert AC2MM

On 8/1/2018 9:09 PM, Robert wrote:
de Laurie,
If you saw my latest post, the JTAlert-X/Logging issue is resolved.
The CAT issue remains the final problem I need help with.

Thanks,

Robert AC2MM

[...]

chas cartmel

I put an extra 2 COM port into my PC with an expansion card. Works well.

73

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk