Topics

locked #DXLAB #DXLAB

roamer

I want to change the time shown for the QSO (CST) to GMT.  Any suggesdtions?

roamer

I want to change 6400+ Q's.

WB5JJJ - George

I have no clue how to do this in DXLab, but you must remember to change times according to Daylight Saving Time, which changes twice a year, unless you logged everything in CST year round.  And my question is to why did you not start with UTC (GMT) from the get-go as that's the normal way to log QSO's on amateur radio?
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Michael Black

If your QSOs are actually stored in local time then it's a bit of a pain to convert.

You'll have to run custom sql taking into account the different daylight savings time changes over the years too to identify how many hours to add for each time period and the changing dates (thanks Congress).

You need a query like this that you can run from Microsoft Access.

update qsos set qso_begin=dateadd('h',4,qso_begin),qso_end=dateadd('h',4,qso_end) where qso_begin >= #2018/01/01# and qso_begin <='#2018/01/31#';

The above would update 1 months of QSOs and add 4 hours to each being/end time.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 19, 2018, 1:42:57 PM CDT, roamer <roamer@...> wrote:

I want to change 6400+ Q's.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I want to change 6400+ Q's.

+ DXLab's DXKeeper logging component provides the ability to change en masse the QSO start and end times in selected set of QSOs by a fixed time interval. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm>

+ However, I strongly encourage you to use this capability to make all QSOs in your log specify their start and end times in UTC, not a local time zone. All QSLing services -- Club Log, eQSL, LoTW, QRZ -- expect times to be specified in UTC; QSOs that specify times in other than UTC will not generate confirmations. DXKeeper automatically logs new QSOs in UTC (which it determines from your local time and the time zone selected in Windows).

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

If your QSOs are actually stored in local time then it's a bit of a pain to convert.

You'll have to run custom sql taking into account the different daylight savings time changes over the years too to identify how many hours to add for each time period and the changing dates (thanks Congress).

You need a query like this that you can run from Microsoft Access.

update qsos set qso_begin=dateadd('h',4,qso_begin),qso_end=dateadd('h',4,qso_end) where qso_begin >= #2018/01/01# and qso_begin <='#2018/01/31#';

The above would update 1 months of QSOs and add 4 hours to each being/end time.

+ Both the "date range" selection of QSOs whose dates are to be modified and the modification of QSO start and end times can be done in DXKeeper without resorting to SQL.

+ Step 1 of any such enterprise should be "make a backup copy of your log!".

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

roamer

Well George, to answer your question.  When I got my ticket in 1956, I just plain didn't know abt. GMT.   And I don't believe DST was operative in Iowa at the time.  In any event, I will follow whatever I am given as help to fix this glitch.