Topics

locked Multiple JTAlert instances cause HRD log failore #HRD #JTDX

asobel@...

I am using Flex-6600/SmartSDR with 4 instances of JTDX, 4 instances of JTAlert and HRD logbook. Every few hours my system shows Error 80020009 and hangs. See the attached picture. My guess is that this is caused by the inability of the HRD logbook to handle un-synchronized accesses from the 4 JTAlert instances. How do we make JTAlert behave?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/07/2018 1:35 PM, asobel@... wrote:
I am using Flex-6600/SmartSDR with 4 instances of JTDX, 4 instances of JTAlert and HRD logbook. Every few hours my system shows Error 80020009 and hangs. See the attached picture. My guess is that this is caused by the inability of the HRD logbook to handle un-synchronized accesses from the 4 JTAlert instances. How do we make JTAlert behave?
OM (Name, Callsign?)

JTAlert is not misbehaving.

All HRD Logbook reads are done using the Windows ODBC DSN created by HRD Logbook. There is never any direct access to the HRD log file for reading and writing of logged QSOs is done via the TCP interface provided by HRDLogbook. Again, no direct access.

I suspect it is very likely a problem with HRDLogbook itself given the number of logbook defects introduced in recent months and the number of defects that still remain uncorrected after a number of years. That is where the fault likely lies.

If concurrent access to the Logbook is required, which I submit is the case when running multiple applications requiring concurrent access, your best to switch from using the default MSAccess log format to a proper multi-user capable database like MariaDB, IMHO.

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Dear Laurie
Thanks for your explanation. I did choose HRD because I had long experience with MSAccess. To use MariaDB or IMHO, we need a logbook application using it. Does any exist?
Amos Sobel 4X4MF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/07/2018 5:07 PM, asobel@... wrote:
Dear Laurie
Thanks for your explanation. I did choose HRD because I had long experience with MSAccess. To use MariaDB or IMHO, we need a logbook application using it. Does any exist?
Amos Sobel 4X4MF
Amos,

HRD supports MariaDB, MySQL and MSSQL databases.

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Folks, I did try Log4OM and miraculously enough, it does not show this problem. It will take me some time to get used to it's other features.