From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stewart Wilkinson
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2018 14:03
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] New DXCC in Error

Hi,

Why is JTAlert telling me that 4O6AH is a new DXCC no 6m FT8 when I have already worked 4O7TC on the same band/mode ?

---
Stewart G0LGS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/07/2018 4:03 AM, Stewart Wilkinson wrote:
Hi,

Why is JTAlert telling me that 4O6AH is a new DXCC no 6m FT8 when I have already worked 4O7TC on the same band/mode ?

---
Stewart G0LGS
Stewart,

JTAlert doesn't automatically remove a worked DXCC from the Wanted DXCC list. That only happens after you either manually change the list or run a Scan Log against your logger.

Most people only consider a DXCC as no-longer needed after it has been confirmed by some form of QSL (Card, eQSL, Lotw).

If JTAlert stopped alerting on Montenegro because you had worked 4O7TC, and thus ignored a 4O6AH decode, and then 4O7TC failed to log the QSO or confirm the QSO, then you potentially missed an opportunity to get Montenegro Confirmed on 6m.

de Laurie VK3AMA