Topics

locked JTAlert callsign lookup via DXLab... timing #DXLAB

Jerald Volpe

(There are a lot of setting options so I am probably missing what is already there.)

Is there a way to configure JTAlert when coupled to DXLab suite so that the Name, QTH, Grid, etc., blocks of JTAlert populate earlier in the QSO process? The way mine works is that the lookups and subsequent data appear 'after' the log entry has been accepted. This is informative for sure, but I would really like to know who I am communicating with at the beginning of the QSO process.
- Jerry, KG6TT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/06/2018 9:53 AM, Jerald Volpe wrote:

Is there a way to configure JTAlert when coupled to DXLab suite so that the Name, QTH, Grid, etc., blocks of JTAlert populate earlier in the QSO process? The way mine works is that the lookups and subsequent data appear 'after' the log entry has been accepted. This is informative for sure, but I would really like to know who I am communicating with at the beginning of the QSO process.
- Jerry, KG6TT
Jerry,

Short Answer...

  • Enable one of the JTAlert XML services. Settings window, "Web Services -> Online XML Callbooks" section.

Long Answer...

  • When the DX Call in WSJT-X changes, JTAlert will initially update the log fields with data relating to that Callsign, Country, Zones, etc.=, No Name or QTH data.
  • At the same time a lookup of that Callsign is done against the DXKeeper Log and if XML lookups are enabled that lookup is initiated (often takes a few seconds for results to return from the online service).
  • Results from the DXKeeper lookup, like Name, QTH, Country, Zones, etc are used to update the log fields if there are existing QSOs in the DXKeeper log.
  • If no previous QSOs in the log, the Name and QTH remain blank. <- this is what your observing.
  • When data finally arrives from the XML lookup the log fields are updated with that data. <- your not seeing this because JTAlert is not set to do an XML lookup.
From you description, it appears you have DXKeeper set to perform an XML lookup when a QSO is logged (this is a setting within DXKeeper, not JTAlert) and it is this data that JTAlert is showing after the logging event as JTAlert refreshes the Log display as well as update Callsign QSO history data by performing an additional Log lookup.

de Laurie VK3AMA