locked Hamspots DT

Michael Black

Just a thought...might be nice if DT could also be reported and shown on hamspots.net.
And a line on there explaining that "If you see a majority of DT's > 1 second the your computer clock is off or you have some other timing problem".

de Mike W9MDB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/04/2018 2:13 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Just a thought...might be nice if DT could also be reported and shown on hamspots.net.
And a line on there explaining that "If you see a majority of DT's > 1 second the your computer clock is off or you have some other timing problem".

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

Go to the myspots page https://hamspots.net/myspots/ the DT is already available.
Note if the spots are received from PSKReporter ("P" under the "S" column) there will be no DT.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim - N4ST

Can't you just look at your decoded signal DTs and if the majority are off, you have a timing problem?
I guess if your timing is far enough off there won't be any decoded signals, but that should be a clue.
_____________
73,
Jim - N4ST

Just a thought...might be nice if DT could also be reported and shown on hamspots.net.
And a line on there explaining that "If you see a majority of DT's > 1 second the your computer clock is off or you have some other timing problem".

de Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

Ya' know I've never used that page.  Was always on the FT8/Chat page.  Maybe it could be added there too?

Thanks

Mike

On Monday, April 30, 2018, 5:41:12 AM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 30/04/2018 2:13 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Just a thought...might be nice if DT could also be reported and shown on hamspots.net.
And a line on there explaining that "If you see a majority of DT's > 1 second the your computer clock is off or you have some other timing problem".

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

Go to the myspots page https://hamspots.net/myspots/ the DT is already available.
Note if the spots are received from PSKReporter ("P" under the "S" column) there will be no DT.

Well yeah....but that doesn't show your own DT.
And a well-placed warning would be of use to the community as this is a common question/problem.

Mike

On 30/04/2018 11:49 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Ya' know I've never used that page.  Was always on the FT8/Chat page.  Maybe it could be added there too?

Thanks

Mike
Mike,

Ignoring that there is no space available for including the DT on the Chat page, reporting the DT in the "Cluster Spots" (I really need to rename that) display will be of very little value, IMO, as the DTs would be from the reporting Callsign and there is no way to know if their clock is accurate.

There is no space for the DT column on the "Calls You Spotted" and "Your Call Spotted" displays. I doubt that you would be constantly monitoring a DTs column, so just switch to the myspots page (use the "[DETAIL]" link) to het a quick look at what your reporting and what others are reporting re your DT.

de Laurie VK3AMA