From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Anderson
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:09 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] QST

I see a write up in the months QST for JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use. Someone needs to do a full feature write up of JTAlert just like what was done two months ago for WSJTX. Just a thought.

Mike K5NAN

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/04/2018 12:08 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:
I see a  write up in the months  QST  for  JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use
Mike,

What is the application using JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Anderson

Sent to you

Mike K5NAN

Ed

Hi Laurie,

I actually started using this about a week ago. Just to test it out a bit.

It is in May QST page 62.  It uses a command line email program called “Caspian SendEmail”.

I got it going with my mail address, but it was too slow(Gmail).  So had it send a text to my Iphone. You create a .BAT file for the Sendemail.EXE application file.  It works fine.

It runs from your “User Defined Alert”.  With the .BAT file I used, it will trigger the email for all the alerts that are set in WSJT-X.  If there is one alert or 20 alerts it basically sends the email txt.

I am not familiar with the email program enough to see if you can set up the .BAT to trigger an ALERT by alert name instead of just being generic.  It is handy though, and helped me catch up with W8F today on a few bands today from outside and downstairs in my house.

Regards,

Ed WA6WGS

On 28/04/2018 12:08 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:

I see a  write up in the months  QST  for  JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use

Mike,

What is the application using JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Kevin Utzy

Ed,
I tried to set it up with my gmail account and it would get blocked, something along the lines my sender id, like I was emailing it using a different return email address or it wasn't .html.  I would like to know if you ran into it at all?  I did get it to work with my personal website through 1and1, but that isn't really the way that I want to do it.  Any guidance appreciated.  Thank you.

73,
Kevin
KX4KU

On 28-Apr-18 7:58 PM, Ed wrote:

[...]

Hi Kevin,

My bobo, it was my “.ATT.NET” that I ended up using.  I know that Gmail is a bit funny, and did not want to play with it too much.  There are a lot of settings if you log into their web page, but wanted the easy way out.

The response time with my ATT email was too slow, so after I got it going, I entered my TXT address instead of my email address and I get the TXT is just a few seconds.

Ed

On 28/04/2018 12:08 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:

I see a  write up in the months  QST  for  JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use

Mike,

What is the application using JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed

Just another thought.

If you play with the email settings in the BAT file long enough, bet you will get it going.

Ed

On 28/04/2018 12:08 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:

I see a  write up in the months  QST  for  JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use

Mike,

What is the application using JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Kevin Utzy

Ed,

Ok, thanks!  I remember now that I it was that insisted on .html after lots of looking.  I will have to see if gmail as a .txt TLD or something.

TU

73,
Kevin
KX4KU

On 28-Apr-18 8:17 PM, Ed wrote:

Just another thought.

If you play with the email settings in the BAT file long enough, bet you will get it going.

Ed

On 28/04/2018 12:08 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:

I see a  write up in the months  QST  for  JTAlert and an application that was written for it's use

Mike,

What is the application using JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Carey, WB4HXE

Kevin,
Here's what I use with my Gmail account as well as texting to my Verizon phone. Replace the <> stuff with your info.
sendEmail -o tls=yes -f <email>@gmail.com -t <phonenumber>@vtext.com -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu <email>@gmail.com -xp <password> -u "JTAlertX" -m %JTAlert_Call%

Carey, WB4HXE

On 28-Apr-18 7:58 PM, Ed wrote:

[...]

Carey Fisher

Kevin Utzy

Carey,

I went to go ahead  and try your example.  And then I remembered what the issue really was.  It was because it was a text message from a gmail.com account to my TMobile account.  TMobile was the issue.  They think it is a spam risk when sms messages come from a gmail account.  Thanks for trying.  I did it on my own domain because it wasn't @gmail and it worked.

Thanks for trying.  It is a pretty neat thing you can do with JTAlertX.

73,
Kevin
KX4KU