Topics

locked Spotcollector posting #DXLAB

Jim Miller, AB3CV

I currently have JTAlertX posting spots to DXLabs Spotcollector which then gives me notice when a needed station is spotted from myriad sources.

There doesn't currently seem to be any ability to filter those spots posted to only ones that JTAlertX would alert me to by its filtering. I really only care about DXCC advancement and have my JTAlertX log scanning my DXKeeper log for that purpose.

Can such a filter be implemented?

Thanks

Jim AB3CV

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Just realized I had quick alerts set for CQ and QRZ and that may have been the cause of the additional alerts. Or maybe not...

jim ab3cv

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Nope that wasn't the cause. It appears that anything I show as decoded in JTAlert gets passed along without filtering for I have JTAlert set to alert on.

So it would be nice to have that filter be applied as an option to keep from overwhelming SpotCollector.

Thanks

jim ab3cv

Joe Subich, W4TV

Can such a filter be implemented?
Use the SpotCollector SQL filters and include "Source='<yourcall>'" as
part of that filter.

I really only care about DXCC advancement and have my JTAlertX log scanning my DXKeeper log for that purpose.
JTAlertX flags any "needed" DXCC based on its internal "need" list but
it generally post *all* decodes.

The simple solution is probably to ignore the JTAlertX alerts, allow
JTAlertX to post all decodes to SpotCollector and configure SC to
to provide an audio alarm only for "self spots" (spots from JTAlertX)
that fill a need from your DXKeeper needs list.

In SpotCollector -> Config -> Audio Alarm set *AUDIO ALARM TRIGGER* to
*SQL Expression* (check the radio button) and use:
<NEEDFILTER> and Source='AB3CV'

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2018-04-26 1:09 PM, Jim Miller wrote:
I currently have JTAlertX posting spots to DXLabs Spotcollector which then gives me notice when a needed station is spotted from myriad sources.
There doesn't currently seem to be any ability to filter those spots posted to only ones that JTAlertX would alert me to by its filtering. I really only care about DXCC advancement and have my JTAlertX log scanning my DXKeeper log for that purpose.
Can such a filter be implemented?
Thanks
Jim AB3CV

Jim Miller, AB3CV

I’m trying to prevent SC from choking on the spot load. I’m aware of SC filters.

Thanks

jim ab3cv

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/04/2018 3:09 AM, Jim Miller wrote:
I currently have JTAlertX posting spots to DXLabs Spotcollector which then gives me notice when a needed station is spotted from myriad sources.

There doesn't currently seem to be any ability to filter those spots posted to only ones that JTAlertX would alert me to by its filtering. I really only care about DXCC advancement and have my JTAlertX log scanning my DXKeeper log for that purpose.

Can such a filter be implemented?

Thanks

Jim AB3CV
Jim,

Currently all decodes are sent to SpotCollector regardless of any filters set within JTAlert. Think of it as a raw data feed.
Already on the todo list is to restrict the SpotCollector spots to decodes that produce alerts and pass any filters set. Implementation, however, is not imminent.

de Laurie VK3AMA