locked JTAlertX not auto-logging to QRZ logbook

hermit@...

I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

73

Rich KB3OMJ

Michael Black

I assume you already tried re-entering your id/password and API code?

If so submit a bug report via ?/Contact Support and Laurie can identify the problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 7:50:31 AM CDT, <hermit@...> wrote:

I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

73

Rich KB3OMJ

Herschel Hall

I have to do a refresh with QRZ & then contact appears.
WA9KIA

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I assume you already tried re-entering your id/password and API code?

If so submit a bug report via ?/Contact Support and Laurie can identify the problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 7:50:31 AM CDT, <hermit@...> wrote:

I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

73

Rich KB3OMJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/04/2018 9:16 PM, hermit@... wrote:
I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

73

Rich KB3OMJ
Rich,

Is your QRZ XML subscription still active? A current XML subscription is required to utilise your QRZ log.

Examine the qrzlog.trace file
, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\

Let us know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

First let me thank all those group members that offered suggestions - your time is much appreciated.

Yes, my XML subscription is still active - I have 50 days left on it.

I cannot remember where, but on the QRZ website I received a msg that the email they have on file is not the same as the email I am using or something along those lines.  At the end of the msg there was an option to change to my current email address., and of course I clicked the appropriate option.  What's confusing is when I changed ISP's I changed my email address from the old one to the new one and never had a problem.  Also went into 'my account' to check subscription status and found I have 50 days left as mentioned before and XML is on. looking over the rest of my account I found a section under 'Account Options' - Account e-mail address options' in the box below it has a really strange address beginning with "nobody. then a 6 digit number followed by @qrz.com.  Have no idea where this came from.  Should I delete  that strange email address and put in my real address?  Or maybe that is someting QRZ uses for whatever reason.  Don't want to change if for some reason that weird address is something significant to QRZ. Below the strange address it says" Note: This is your account email only and will not change the address shown on your callsign pages.  This address is not shown publicly."  Then there is a bar to click to Save Account Options.

I am aware that QRZ made some changes, but don't know how it affects my ability to auto-log QSO's.

Thanks agn for the help.

73

Rich KB3OMJ

[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 27/04/2018 7:45 AM, hermit@... wrote:
Examine the qrzlog.trace file, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\
What does the trace file show?

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

Sri Laurie, I cannot find that file..