locked JTAlertX not auto-logging to QRZ logbook

hermit@...

I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

Rich KB3OMJ

Michael Black

I assume you already tried re-entering your id/password and API code?

If so submit a bug report via ?/Contact Support and Laurie can identify the problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 7:50:31 AM CDT, <hermit@...> wrote:

I have been using WSJT-X v1.8.0 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 for some time now, and never had a problem with auto-logging to ACLog and QRZ.  Lately however, I find that a QSO is auto-logged to ACLog without a problem, but it will not auto-log to QRZ.  I checked the settings and the QRZ logbook is checked off.  Doing a manual log entry is no big deal, but I would like to solve this problem.  Appreciate any and all input to help me in this mystery.

Rich KB3OMJ

Herschel Hall

I have to do a refresh with QRZ & then contact appears. 
WA9KIA

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I assume you already tried re-entering your id/password and API code?

If so submit a bug report via ?/Contact Support and Laurie can identify the problem.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 26, 2018, 7:50:31 AM CDT, <hermit@...> wrote:

Rich KB3OMJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/04/2018 9:16 PM, hermit@... wrote:

Rich KB3OMJ
Rich,

Is your QRZ XML subscription still active? A current XML subscription is required to utilise your QRZ log.

Examine the qrzlog.trace file
, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\

Let us know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

First let me thank all those group members that offered suggestions - your time is much appreciated.

Yes, my XML subscription is still active - I have 50 days left on it.

I cannot remember where, but on the QRZ website I received a msg that the email they have on file is not the same as the email I am using or something along those lines.  At the end of the msg there was an option to change to my current email address., and of course I clicked the appropriate option.  What's confusing is when I changed ISP's I changed my email address from the old one to the new one and never had a problem.  Also went into 'my account' to check subscription status and found I have 50 days left as mentioned before and XML is on. looking over the rest of my account I found a section under 'Account Options' - Account e-mail address options' in the box below it has a really strange address beginning with "nobody. then a 6 digit number followed by @qrz.com.  Have no idea where this came from.  Should I delete  that strange email address and put in my real address?  Or maybe that is someting QRZ uses for whatever reason.  Don't want to change if for some reason that weird address is something significant to QRZ. Below the strange address it says" Note: This is your account email only and will not change the address shown on your callsign pages.  This address is not shown publicly."  Then there is a bar to click to Save Account Options.

I am aware that QRZ made some changes, but don't know how it affects my ability to auto-log QSO's.  

Thanks agn for the help.

Rich KB3OMJ

To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlertX not auto-logging to QRZ logbook

On 26/04/2018 9:16 PM, hermit@... wrote:

Rich KB3OMJ
Rich,

Is your QRZ XML subscription still active? A current XML subscription is required to utilise your QRZ log.

Examine the qrzlog.trace file
, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\

Let us know how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 27/04/2018 7:45 AM, hermit@... wrote:
Examine the qrzlog.trace file, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\
What does the trace file show?

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

Sri Laurie, I cannot find that file..

Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:57:37 PM

On 27/04/2018 7:45 AM, hermit@... wrote:
Examine the qrzlog.trace file, using notepad or similar, to see if there are errors being recorded. The file is located at %localappdata%\HamApps\KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\
What does the trace file show?

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/04/2018 10:00 AM, hermit@... wrote:

Rich,

The file will definately be there if your uploading (or trying to) QSOs to QRZ.

Please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis.
Include a note in the support request referencing this forum discussion.

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

Hi Laurie -

I've attempted twice to send you the Configuration and Session files - the upload status bar makes one pass, then a small window pops up saying "Sending your email to HamApps Support"  "Connecting to HamApps Server"  nothing happens, just chokes up,then "Email to Support (Not Responding).

Rich

: "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:27:24 PM

On 27/04/2018 10:00 AM, hermit@... wrote:

Rich,

The file will definately be there if your uploading (or trying to) QSOs to QRZ.

Please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis.
Include a note in the support request referencing this forum discussion.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/04/2018 9:01 PM, hermit@... wrote:
Hi Laurie -

I've attempted twice to send you the Configuration and Session files - the upload status bar makes one pass, then a small window pops up saying "Sending your email to HamApps Support"  "Connecting to HamApps Server"  nothing happens, just chokes up,then "Email to Support (Not Responding).

Rich

Rich,

Are you able to use your browser to connect to HamSpots.net or HamApps.com? I wonder if your public IP address is blocked at the firewall. If you cant browse those sites, send me your IP address to
direct vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

If your not IP blocked at the firewall, then you can try manually zipping up some JTAlert files and sending them to me, not via the group but to the above address.

Use Windows File Explorer and navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\
KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\ and zip-up all the files in that directory and send the resulting zip file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Bruce

I had the same issue and apparently QRZ changed their policy recently and only paid members are allowed to auto upload.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/04/2018 8:24 AM, JimW3FA@... wrote:
I had the same issue and apparently QRZ changed their policy recently and only paid members are allowed to auto upload.
Jim,

That has always been the case, in my experience. QRZ provide an api key for the logbook (for all registered callsigns), but don't make it obvious that to utilise the logbook you need one of the paid subscriptions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim - N4ST

It’s under “Hints and Hacks” and tells how to have JTAlert alerts forwarded
to your cell phone.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of
HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 18:37

On 28/04/2018 8:24 AM, mailto:JimW3FA@gmail.com wrote:
I had the same issue and apparently QRZ changed their policy recently and
only paid members are allowed to auto upload.
Jim,

That has always been the case, in my experience. QRZ provide an api key for
the logbook (for all registered callsigns), but don't make it obvious that
to utilise the logbook you need one of the paid subscriptions.

de Laurie VK3AMA

hermit@...

Hi Laurie -

Mike Black and I had a phone concersation last evening abt the problem.  I think the problem is my computer caused by McAfee antivirus unimstall.  Worst resources consuming antivirus I have ever used.  I think getting rid of it is the cause - maybe registry issues.  Gonna take over another computer here and I'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Rich KB3OMJ

Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 6:03:39 PM

On 27/04/2018 9:01 PM, hermit@... wrote:
Hi Laurie -

Rich

Rich,

Are you able to use your browser to connect to HamSpots.net or HamApps.com? I wonder if your public IP address is blocked at the firewall. If you cant browse those sites, send me your IP address to
direct vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com

If your not IP blocked at the firewall, then you can try manually zipping up some JTAlert files and sending them to me, not via the group but to the above address.

Use Windows File Explorer and navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\
KB3OMJ\session\JTAlertX\ and zip-up all the files in that directory and send the resulting zip file.

de Laurie VK3AMA