locked JTAlert v2.10.17 is infected with a virus?

Graham Alston

My anti-virus (eSet) refuses to download it.

When you run the www.virustotal.com test on the hamapps download site it is failing with detected viruses.

73 Graham VK3GA

neil_zampella

It is NOT failing with 'detected' viruses .. if you check the link to the Virustotal results on the file there are only 4 that say its a virus.  Symantec (Norton), McAfee, and Trend Micro.     All those 'virus' detections are their 'default' responses for finding something that looks like a virus, but we can't be sure.

The McAfree GW version even says "BehavesLike.Win32.AdwareFileTour.rc" ... behaves like !!!

You need to look at the others that did not find anything as they have JT-Alert as a validated program:  Avast, AVG, BitDefender, F-Prot, F-Secure.  EVEN MICROSOFT Defeater, er Defender passes it.

Disable your antivirus, download, install, then turn your AV back on.

Neil, KN3ILZ

m_scot_alex

I'm curious - you found your way here to post this, but you missed the pinned posts or couldn't do a simple search?

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topic/faq_suspected_virus_malware/5616062?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,5616062

Mike - N8MSA

Brad Rich <brad.rich@...>

Why can’t this group fully understand that JTAlert is safe.  AV just looks for patterns and there may be some coincidences.  The only payload JTAlert delivers is a great running application.

From: Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@comcast.net>
Date: April 26, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Correction Neil - Windows Defender also blocks it.  Had to turn it off to
install.

Jim K7EG

Mike Anderson

neil_zampella

Make sure you have the LATEST Defeater virus definitions.

Neil, KN3ILZ

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/04/2018 4:49 AM, Mike Anderson wrote:
_._,_._,_

I agree, thread is now locked.

de Laurie VK3AMA