Topics

locked Future Request #DXLAB

Bob Craig, K8RC

JTAlert works great with WSJT-X on HF using my main computer where SmartSDR for my 6300 and the DXLab Suite reside. I also have a Flex 5000C, the one with the built-in computer, that I use for 2 meters & 3/4 meters. The less-powerful CPU in that box is running close to the wall running just PowerSDR, WSJT-X and JTAlert.

Is there any chance that you will extend your program's TCP/IP interface to communicate with DXKeeper on another local machine?

That would let me keep the log, at least, on the main machine to keep the 5000C from running out of breath.

Tnx es 73,
Bob, K8RC

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/03/2018 1:05 AM, Xmtrman@... wrote:
JTAlert works great with WSJT-X on HF using my main computer where SmartSDR for my 6300 and the DXLab Suite reside. I also have a Flex 5000C, the one with the built-in computer, that I use for 2 meters & 3/4 meters. The less-powerful CPU in that box is running close to the wall running just PowerSDR, WSJT-X and JTAlert.

Is there any chance that you will extend your program's TCP/IP interface to communicate with DXKeeper on another local machine?

That would let me keep the log, at least, on the main machine to keep the 5000C from running out of breath.

Tnx es 73,
Bob, K8RC
Bob,

Allowing for remote DXKeeper installation is on the todo lost, but implementation is not imminent.

Much of the JTAlert DXLab code relies on DDE to communicate with the different DXLab modules, except for logging to DXKeeper which uses TCP. DDE is a non-routable protocol which restricts the comms to the local PC running JTAlert and DXLab. Much of DXLab still relies on DDE with no TCP implementation. I am reluctant to be changing just DXKeeper support when the other DXLab support cannot be changed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
Much of the JTAlert DXLab code relies on DDE to communicate with the different DXLab modules, except for logging to DXKeeper which
uses TCP. DDE is a non-routable protocol which restricts the comms to the local PC running JTAlert and DXLab. Much of DXLab still
relies on DDE with no TCP implementation. I am reluctant to be changing just DXKeeper support when the other DXLab support cannot be
changed.

Commander provides a TCP interface; it's what WSJT-X uses to control it.
DXView, Pathfinder, and PropView are all still "DDE only"; adding TCP capabilities are "on the list" -- but not imminent.
73,

Dave, AA6YQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/03/2018 3:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
DXView, Pathfinder, and PropView are all still "DDE only"; adding TCP capabilities are "on the list" -- but not imminent.
        73,

              Dave, AA6YQ
Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation. That was my understanding on the current DXLab "state of play" (is that a term Americans are familiar with?)

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave AA6YQ

+++ more AA6YQ comments below

DXView, Pathfinder, and PropView are all still "DDE only"; adding TCP capabilities are "on the list" -- but not imminent.
Thanks for the confirmation. That was my understanding on the current DXLab "state of play" (is that a term Americans are familiar
with?)

+++ Yes, that's a familiar term. It's also a good movie; I prefer the BBC version.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ