locked Double clicking running slow with HRD

Warren Greenberg

When I have JTalert running with HRD, there is a 2-4 second delay after I double click on a call. When I have JTalert logging to a standard adif, the tx is almost instant when I double click (HRD & HRD Rig control is turned off when I log to adif).
 I was talking to Mike at Hamcation and he said to look at CPU utilization & memory usage and nothing looks out of the ordinary.
 My configuration is a HP 8200 elite SFF with 16 gig running Windows 10 pro 64 bit.
 My Flex3000 id's a PowerSDR, the flex talks to DDUTIL which connects to WSJT (WSJT is set for TS480). My logging program (Logic9) also talks thru DDUTIL. And when I have HRD running it runs thru DDUTIL. When I run. HRD & shut down Logic9 and when I run Logic9 I have HRD shut down.
 I gave WSJT'S radio configured as HRD & JTalert pointing to HRD V6.
 Any idea's.
 Warren-AE4WG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/02/2018 8:32 AM, Warren Greenberg via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]
Warren,

When you say a 2 -4 second delay, I assume you mean a delay before your Rig activates PTT. If that is the case, then the likely cause is a delay somewhere in the WSJT-X -> DDUTIL -> HRD -> Rig chain.

Sorry, I can't offer any authoritative advice regarding this setup, except to suggest you look at DDUTIL as I seem to recall some message on anther forum about DDUTIL latency (but I could be wrong). Why not take DDUTIL out of the picture while testing and have WSJT-X control HRD directly.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Warren Greenberg

 I did what Laurie asked and there was a slight improvement.
 The test config was the Flex3000 was set on com11, HRD rig control set to com12, the Flex3000 & HRD was setup as PowerSDR as the radio type. WSJT had its radio set to HRD, and JTAlert set to HRD ver 6. I took DDUTIL out of the picture completely with this setup. The com port pairs were built in VSP Manager.
 After I did the above config, I did a system shutdown and power up. I then powered up the flex & stsrted tge flex in software, then started HRD and then WSJT and then JTalert in that order.
 When I double clicked on a call in WSJT it still took several seconds for the PTT to kick in, it appears a little quicker that ehen DDUTIL was involved.
 When I wrnt back to my setup with Logic9 running with DDUTIL (HRD not active) the PTT appears to be instiantanious.
 So I suspect something in the HRD rig control settings.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/02/2018 8:47 AM, Warren Greenberg via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

From you description is sounds like it might be a slow CAT comms problem. Try turning off split mode in WSJT-X to see if that helps. I wonder if there is some CAT handshaking happening (setting and checking VFOs as an example) that might be contributing to the delays.

Sorry, I don't have an answer. You could try posting this to the "wsjtgroup" on Yahoo. The WSJT-X developers hang out there so you might get some insight from them as to what may be the cause.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Warren Greenberg

 I found the problem I didn't have the Polling box checked in the rig control of HRD (the box that states "Only poll radio if HRD is the active program"
 It now works like a champ.
 Thanks all for the help.
 Warren - AE4WG