Date   

locked Re: Amount of Time to take HamApps to Load

Michael Black
 

Try excluding the HamApps directories from any virus scanning.

Mike W9MDB




On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 09:52:12 AM CDT, James Hertel <n6kmr@...> wrote:


I believe it maybe Windoze noticing that it also does the same thing 0n
other programs... it takes foreverrrrr to populate.. My pi 2 is faster
now days than my windoze 10...

Just saying !

N6kmr, Jim

On 9/5/2020 4:52 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
> I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
> to load, here.
>
> I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
> well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
> welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
> longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.
>
> Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....
>
> Anybody else ??
>




locked Pc crash

Bill Barrett
 

Hello Laurie-
I run my PC 24X7 with 6 WSJT-X/JTAlert sessions. After about a week
this crash happens.
The PC is locked up, the screen shot is a pic taken with an iphone camera.
The Flex SSDR app has stopped working and gone from the screen.
Finally many of the WSJT-X panels have expanded to a larger size.
Any ideas?
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bill Barrett <billbarrett174@...>
Date: Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM
Subject: Pc crash
To: Bill Barrett <BillBarrett174@...>
--
Bill Barrett
352-437-4758


locked Re: Amount of Time to take HamApps to Load

James Hertel
 

I believe it maybe Windoze noticing that it also does the same thing 0n other programs... it takes foreverrrrr to populate.. My pi 2 is faster now days than my windoze 10...

Just saying !

N6kmr, Jim

On 9/5/2020 4:52 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
to load, here.

I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.

Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....

Anybody else ??


locked Amount of Time to take HamApps to Load

KD7YZ Bob
 

I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
to load, here.

I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.

Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....

Anybody else ??

--
73
Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901


locked Re: JTAlert does crash again

asobel@...
 

Laurie

 

Please see my post of today in WSJTX.groups.io

 

Amos 4X4MF

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 1:18 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert does crash again

 

On 2/09/2020 4:59 am, asobel@... wrote:

JTAlert did ceash again few times today.

 

The news is about the new message in the above snip

 

Amos 4X4MF


Amos,

Sorry, I can't provide any further insight into what may be causing the crash on your PC. I have not received similar reports from other users, the problem appears to be specific to your PC environment.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Logger32 - JTDX - GridTracker Pb

neil_zampella
 

Um ... this group iks for support of JT-Alert ... you need to find a group for Gridtracker.support.  

 

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Logger32 - JTDX - GridTracker Pb

daniel lavocat
 

Hello
I made these tests :


Step 1 : All works fine

1-1 : L32 is listening on 127.0.0.1 UDP port #2237


1-2 : I launch JTDX from L32 UDP Bandmap :


1-3 : JTDX Settings :


1-4 : GT Settings :


That works fine , If I logged a QSO from JTDX, this QSO is logged to L32

Step 2 : The QSO is not logged into L32 :

2-1 : L32 is still listening to the UDP Port #2237
2-2 : I stop GT
2-3 : I stop JTDX
2-4 : I modified the JTDX Settings :
I check the 2nd UDP server to 127.0.0.1 UDP Port #2237 to log directly to L32


2-5 : I launch JTDX from L32 UDP BandMap
2-6 : I made a QSO and validated into JTDX
BUT this QSO is not transferred into L32

where is my mistake ????

Thanks for your help
73
Dan

--


locked Re: JTalert to JTDX click

Robert galambos
 

I had to click, within jtdx, by clicking on accept udp requests.

Then it worked.

So both misc and reporting have to co-ordinated to accept udp

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Sep. 2, 2020, at 19:12, "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 3/09/2020 9:05 am, Robert galambos wrote:
That did not help.

What IP address are you using for the JTDX UDP Server setting?

Try changing that to using a multicast address, say 239.255.0.0. then restart JTDX and JTAlert. Does that correct the problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTalert to JTDX click

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 3/09/2020 9:05 am, Robert galambos wrote:
That did not help.

What IP address are you using for the JTDX UDP Server setting?

Try changing that to using a multicast address, say 239.255.0.0. then restart JTDX and JTAlert. Does that correct the problem?

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTalert to JTDX click

Robert galambos
 

That did not help.

Same issue

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Sep. 2, 2020, at 18:14, "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 2/09/2020 7:56 am, Robert galambos wrote:
When i double click in jtalert for wsjt-x it automatically sets it up for transmission within wsjt-x.

However, this does not happen within JTalert/jtdx. what am I doing wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong. This is due to a setting in JTDX which by default will only respond to the click event ( UDP Reply Message) from JTAlert when the decode is a CQ.

Look under the JTDX menu "Misc -> Accept UDP Reply Messages".

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Problem with JTAlert 2.16.12 and 2.16.13

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 31/08/2020 8:49 pm, Gerard de Veer wrote:
The problem is that I use JTDX and not WSJT-X.
Version 2.16.10 is running without problems but it started with 2.16.12.
And also version 2.16.13 has the same issue.

I checked JTDX  (rc-152) and all parameters are standing normal.


Best 73

Gerard PD0GIP

Did you change the JTDX UDP Server settings to use a multicast address as suggested?
If not, try changing to 239.255.0.0 on port 2237. Restart JTDX and JTAlert after making the UDP change.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: double-click in JTAlert not working #FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 31/08/2020 4:30 pm, Ray KV4K Port Orchard WA via groups.io wrote:
Here's the solution that worked for me. Now I can click on a callsign slot in JTAlerts and it will start a QSO in WSJT-X
reference message 
  by Laurie for more explanation.
What I did--
In the WSJT-X program 
-File
 -Settings
  -Reporting
under network services 
UDP server enter:
239.255.0.0
leave port at 2237
put check marks in the three boxes right there alongside in that section.
click OK

Ray,

Thanks for reporting your success.

The use of the multicast address as apposed to 127.0.0.1 should not matter. JTAlert has been coded to work with either. I have been unable to reproduce the non-response to Callsign clicks when using 127.0.0.1. I suspect something in your Windows/PC environment is the cause. Regardless, multicast is the way to go and is what I am recommending as the correct setup in the Help file.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.12 setup questions

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 1/09/2020 9:32 pm, Jeff - G4IUA wrote:

Changed GT port to 2237, Multicast ON, 239.0.0.1.  I don’t know what to do re Forward UDP Messages but ATM they are 127.0.0.1 and 2233 but enabled/disabled make no difference so I guess they aren’t relevant.

 

-snip-

Jeff - G4IUA


Jeff,

Since your now running with multicast, there is no need to use UDP Message forwarding. Message forwarding provided a workaround when it was not possible to run JTAlert and GT concurrently. With multicast, JTAlert and GT can operate concurrently and both applications can work directly with WSJT-X.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTAlert does crash again

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 2/09/2020 4:59 am, asobel@... wrote:

JTAlert did ceash again few times today.

 

The news is about the new message in the above snip

 

Amos 4X4MF


Amos,

Sorry, I can't provide any further insight into what may be causing the crash on your PC. I have not received similar reports from other users, the problem appears to be specific to your PC environment.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTalert to JTDX click

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 2/09/2020 7:56 am, Robert galambos wrote:
When i double click in jtalert for wsjt-x it automatically sets it up for transmission within wsjt-x.

However, this does not happen within JTalert/jtdx. what am I doing wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong. This is due to a setting in JTDX which by default will only respond to the click event (UDP Reply Message) from JTAlert when the decode is a CQ.

Look under the JTDX menu "Misc -> Accept UDP Reply Messages".

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTAlert not logging

deni
 

That seemed to do it.  Thank you very much.
deni
WB0TAX

On 9/1/2020 6:13 PM, deni wrote:
No, but I will and then will report back.


On 9/1/2020 6:11 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
did you do a total restart of computer after upgrading?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:02 PM deni <deni@...> wrote:
Yes to both questions.  Everything is running as the defaults.  This problem just appeared out of nowhere

On 9/1/2020 5:58 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
Is it trying to go to the correct log file and is acI running. 

sent by my LG phone

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM deni, <deni@...> wrote:
All of a sudden this started happening, no logging to acl.  I have restarted the app and upgraded to 2.16.13 and the problem still exists.  Any help on this one.
Thanks
Deni - WB0TAX




locked Re: JTAlert not logging

deni
 

No, but I will and then will report back.


On 9/1/2020 6:11 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
did you do a total restart of computer after upgrading?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:02 PM deni <deni@...> wrote:
Yes to both questions.  Everything is running as the defaults.  This problem just appeared out of nowhere

On 9/1/2020 5:58 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
Is it trying to go to the correct log file and is acI running. 

sent by my LG phone

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM deni, <deni@...> wrote:
All of a sudden this started happening, no logging to acl.  I have restarted the app and upgraded to 2.16.13 and the problem still exists.  Any help on this one.
Thanks
Deni - WB0TAX



locked Re: JTAlert not logging

Dave Garber
 

did you do a total restart of computer after upgrading?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:02 PM deni <deni@...> wrote:
Yes to both questions.  Everything is running as the defaults.  This problem just appeared out of nowhere

On 9/1/2020 5:58 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
Is it trying to go to the correct log file and is acI running. 

sent by my LG phone

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM deni, <deni@...> wrote:
All of a sudden this started happening, no logging to acl.  I have restarted the app and upgraded to 2.16.13 and the problem still exists.  Any help on this one.
Thanks
Deni - WB0TAX


locked Re: JTAlert not logging

deni
 

Yes to both questions.  Everything is running as the defaults.  This problem just appeared out of nowhere

On 9/1/2020 5:58 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
Is it trying to go to the correct log file and is acI running. 

sent by my LG phone

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM deni, <deni@...> wrote:
All of a sudden this started happening, no logging to acl.  I have restarted the app and upgraded to 2.16.13 and the problem still exists.  Any help on this one.
Thanks
Deni - WB0TAX


locked Re: JTAlert not logging

Dave Garber
 

Is it trying to go to the correct log file and is acI running. 

sent by my LG phone

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 4:34 PM deni, <deni@...> wrote:
All of a sudden this started happening, no logging to acl.  I have restarted the app and upgraded to 2.16.13 and the problem still exists.  Any help on this one.
Thanks
Deni - WB0TAX