Date   

locked Re: HND

Dave Garber
 

it means you are in fox and HouND mode

HND = hound
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 5:17 AM on5po <on5po@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
what do the letters "HND" mean in the headband of jtalert,
it happens that he is not present
Thanks 73


locked HND

on5po
 

Hello everyone,
what do the letters "HND" mean in the headband of jtalert,
it happens that he is not present
Thanks 73


locked Worked B4 and Wanted DXCC

Graham Alston
 

Hi Laurie,

I have Logging disabled and am tracking Wanted DXCC By Individual Band and Any WSJT-X Mode. I am noticing that sometimes a new DXCC for a particular band comes up in grey rather than a yellow alert. I think this happens if I have worked the DX station before on another band. Sometimes, I have the opposite, a yellow alert for a DXCC that I have already set to Not Wanted for that band.

Any ideas?

I have looked for help on the Worked B4 settings but cannot find any info on them in the Help file. Is there another source for this information?

Thanks,
Graham VK3GA
V2.15.3


locked Re: Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3

WB8ASI Herb
 

Same here.  After all the reports of audio problems with Ver2.15.2 (which I had none), I was surprised I found myself with no audio and the new and improved Ver2.15.3.  Went back to 2.15.2 for a couple days, then tried 2.15.3 again, and this time poof, no problem.  So just try it again and cross your fingers.

On November 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM wa9afm@... wrote:

Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.

 


locked Re: Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3

Michael Black
 

Select a different sound card and the reselect the original.

Also check your privacy settings for the microphone.

de Mike W9MDB




On Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:29:13 PM CST, <wa9afm@...> wrote:


Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.


locked Re: Changing Station Callsign

Michael Black
 

In Settings...

de Mike W9MDB
Inline image






On Thursday, November 21, 2019, 10:29:16 PM CST, jhawkins <jhawkins@...> wrote:


Dear Hamapps,
When I was installing and setting up JTalert, as I was entering my callsign, my cat jumped into my lap hitting the return key before I finished entering the complet call.  I spent a couple of hours last night trying to edit this.  It appears I must go to the JTalert Startup group and run a short cut I will find there.  How do I get to this Start Up Group please?
Thanks,
Jim KF4RX


locked Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3

wa9afm@...
 

Loaded JTAlert update Ver 2.15.3.  Now have no audio alert.  It was working fine on previous version.

I've checked all setting in the Sounds menu and Sound ON is showing in the tool bar.


locked "HamApps JTAlert" Windows Start Menu Group

jhawkins
 

How can I get to the "HamApps JTAlert" Windows Start Menu Group?  I need to correct the station callsign.  I even tried un installing and reinstalling the app, but even that didn't work.

Please, please.


locked Changing Station Callsign

jhawkins
 

Dear Hamapps,
When I was installing and setting up JTalert, as I was entering my callsign, my cat jumped into my lap hitting the return key before I finished entering the complet call.  I spent a couple of hours last night trying to edit this.  It appears I must go to the JTalert Startup group and run a short cut I will find there.  How do I get to this Start Up Group please?
Thanks,
Jim KF4RX


locked JTAlert Audio Now Working

wa9afm@...
 

I closed then reopened WSJT-X & JTAlert.  For whatever reason, the audio is now working.


locked Loading info from XML Service

Agresio Giron
 

Hi Laurie.

 

Since last actualization I have been having problems because when I click to have a contact JTAlert do not load the information of the contact from QRZ.com the Online XML service.

 

However, this vehaiveour is random, sometimes yes, others no.

 

Is the problem in my hardware?

 

Thank you in advance.

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


locked Re: Cant stop JTalert 2.15.3

Bill Tee
 


---------- Original Message ----------
From: wleggat@...
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io, "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
Date: November 19, 2019 at 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Cant stop JTalert 2.15.3

Hi Laurie,
Alt layout didn't work. I failed to mention that I am using windows 7 and had to start Alt layout as administrator. 
On November 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 20/11/2019 10:17 am, Bill Tee wrote:
After about 5 or 6 seconds the menu (At the top right) changes size and gets rather large so I can't read the entire menu and the 3 symbols for minimize, maximize or close stop working. I've found that I can close from the task bar only. This problem started with 2.15.1 and continues. I did go into Settings/Manage Settings/Window, in the box marked "Decoded Call signs Display" and changed that setting but it didn't work. To recap, I can't minimize or close the program and can't see the entire menu. Any ideas?
 

Misplaced/missing menus and or non-responsive minimize/close buttons is a long-standing problem for some Win10 users. The fix which has been available for many months is to run the "Alt Layout" version of JTAlert. You simply need to start JTAlert using the correct shortcut.

de Laurie VK3AMA


 

 


locked Re: JTAlert Despair

Caseydogmusic
 

I thought I had fixed this problem then one day the file was gone again so I did exactly what Tom did: excluded the file in Defender. Has worked so far.

Just my experience.

73,
Bill


locked Re: Problem uploading HRD-created ADIF file to Data Base

mikeqrpfun Peron
 

Laurie,
A followup on our previous discussion: 

1) I did my first ever LoTW download today (my bad) and it populated the “DXCC Worked/Needed” section of JTAlert  as you said it would👍. Of 230 LoTW-verified entities, I have about 30 QSO discrepancies I need to manually override in JTAlert that HRD is somehow not giving me credit for. No big deal. 

2) BIGGER ISSUE: Double HRD Logbook entries. I followed your suggestions today. I first  shut off WSJT (via Settings/reporting/uncheck ADIF broadcast). I made an FT8 QSO then pushed the “Log” button on the WSJT dialog box. This resulted in a worse situation with logging only two partial entries to the HRD Logbook (one with a very old and wrong default date 1/1/OLD). So I re-enabled ADIF broadcast and made another QSO. EVEN WORSE OUTCOME: This time I got two partial entries (not one) and one complete entry. 

So I tried Plan B and disabled logging from HRD Logbook (configure/QSO forwarding and unchecked “receive QSO notifications from WSJT”). Made another QSO. This time I got only one QSO entry but absent name and QTH information. Finally, I turned off BOTH WSJT and HRD logging functions and got the same (as last) result. 

With both WSJT and HRD being disabled, do you have any ideas why JTAlert doesn’t fully populate my HRD Log with missing name and QTH info? My current workaround is to open up the QSO info box on HRD Logbook and simply click “look up”. QRZ.com populates the HRD Logbook and I push “update” to save. Perhaps this is the “normal” process when using JTAlert? 

Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Mike WB6UTW 



iPhone: annoying keypad + autocorrect = typos. Sorry ;-)




On Nov 14, 2019, at 2:15 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 14/11/2019 3:03 pm, mikeqrpfun Peron via Groups.Io wrote:

Two Questions: 
1) Once I update my HRD Logbook, when I press Rebuild & Update Log/“scan (all)” will your two table country/state lists under View/DXCC and View/State reflect those confirmations?
2) How do I eliminate the “double logging” into HRD after pressing the Log button on the pop-up WSJT dialog box after a QSO? I enabled this feature in HRD Logbook with WSJT before installing JT Alert and it works great but now I get a partial redundant logging on HRD presumably by JT Alert. 

Thanks for a great product👍

Best 73,

Mike WB6UTW 


1. Yes. The Scan Log rebuilds all possible Wanted List Band/Mode tracking combinations automatically.

2. To eliminate the double logging you need to turn off the feature in HRDLogbook to log the adif broadcast from WSJT-X (sorry I don't what its name is or where to find it). If you can't find the setting in HRDLogbook, you can turn off the ADIF broadcast in WSJT-X (bottom of the Reporting Tab of the Settings).

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Cant stop JTalert 2.15.3

Bill Tee
 

Hi Laurie,
Alt layout didn't work. I failed to mention that I am using windows 7 and had to start Alt layout as administrator. 

On November 19, 2019 at 7:38 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 20/11/2019 10:17 am, Bill Tee wrote:
After about 5 or 6 seconds the menu (At the top right) changes size and gets rather large so I can't read the entire menu and the 3 symbols for minimize, maximize or close stop working. I've found that I can close from the task bar only. This problem started with 2.15.1 and continues. I did go into Settings/Manage Settings/Window, in the box marked "Decoded Call signs Display" and changed that setting but it didn't work. To recap, I can't minimize or close the program and can't see the entire menu. Any ideas?
 

Misplaced/missing menus and or non-responsive minimize/close buttons is a long-standing problem for some Win10 users. The fix which has been available for many months is to run the "Alt Layout" version of JTAlert. You simply need to start JTAlert using the correct shortcut.

de Laurie VK3AMA


 


locked Re: Cant stop JTalert 2.15.3

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 20/11/2019 10:17 am, Bill Tee wrote:
After about 5 or 6 seconds the menu (At the top right) changes size and gets rather large so I can't read the entire menu and the 3 symbols for minimize, maximize or close stop working. I've found that I can close from the task bar only. This problem started with 2.15.1 and continues. I did go into Settings/Manage Settings/Window, in the box marked "Decoded Call signs Display" and changed that setting but it didn't work. To recap, I can't minimize or close the program and can't see the entire menu. Any ideas?

Misplaced/missing menus and or non-responsive minimize/close buttons is a long-standing problem for some Win10 users. The fix which has been available for many months is to run the "Alt Layout" version of JTAlert. You simply need to start JTAlert using the correct shortcut.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: HI and AK

Michael Black
 

How about this?

If user log and XML sources disagree put up warning to ensure whatever answer you choose is accurate.

i.e.

Your log says XXXXX is United States but QRZ says Hawaii...please ensure the DXCC is correct.

Mike




On Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 05:12:26 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 20/11/2019 8:29 am, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Seemd that anytime a query against your log or other source and the state comes up as one of those 3 is should immediately put the correct DXCC for them.

JTAlert treats the users Log as the Gold Standard, it assumes that whatever is recorded in the Log is correct and as such there is no attempt to check if the State is valid for the DXCC or visa-versa. Callsign naming is not used to determine what is correct as FCC issued callsigns are not tied to a specific State or DXCC. I think we have all suffered from the excitement of working an AK or HI on a needed Band only to discover post logging (if at all) that while the Callsign suggested the HI or AK location, the truth was it was just another garden variety CONUS operator (from a State normally easily worked) raking up QSOs relying on the disconnect between their operating location and the callsign naming to fill their log.

When there is a discrepancy in the log, what is correct, the State or the DXCC?

When it comes to a new previously unworked Callsign, if XML results are ambiguous, JTAlert will adjust the DXCC to match the State reported. This is the only time that JTAlert will override.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: HI and AK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 20/11/2019 8:29 am, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Also concerted about a late logging not doing the XML lookup (when you've moved on to another QSO before logging with WSJT-X).

XML lookups are automatically triggered on a change in DX Call in WSJT-X, that is at the start of a QSO. So late logging will have no effect as the XML lookup has already been performed.

If you change QSO partners before finalizing the the logging of the previous QSO (I strongly advise that a QSO should be logged BEFORE moving onto a new QSO), the new Callsign will trigger a new XML lookup. The data from the new lookup is NOT used for the late logged QSO as JTAlert remembers the details of your previous QSO partner (the late logged QSO) and will ignore the new XML data and apply the previously recorded data to the late logged QSO. There are exceptions to this behavior when the QSO partner Callsign (WSJT-X DX Call) has changed 2 or more times before finalizing a late logged QSO.

Late logging should be avoided.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Cant stop JTalert 2.15.3

Bill Tee
 

After about 5 or 6 seconds the menu (At the top right) changes size and gets rather large so I can't read the entire menu and the 3 symbols for minimize, maximize or close stop working. I've found that I can close from the task bar only. This problem started with 2.15.1 and continues. I did go into Settings/Manage Settings/Window, in the box marked "Decoded Call signs Display" and changed that setting but it didn't work. To recap, I can't minimize or close the program and can't see the entire menu. Any ideas?


locked Re: HI and AK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 20/11/2019 8:29 am, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Seemd that anytime a query against your log or other source and the state comes up as one of those 3 is should immediately put the correct DXCC for them.

JTAlert treats the users Log as the Gold Standard, it assumes that whatever is recorded in the Log is correct and as such there is no attempt to check if the State is valid for the DXCC or visa-versa. Callsign naming is not used to determine what is correct as FCC issued callsigns are not tied to a specific State or DXCC. I think we have all suffered from the excitement of working an AK or HI on a needed Band only to discover post logging (if at all) that while the Callsign suggested the HI or AK location, the truth was it was just another garden variety CONUS operator (from a State normally easily worked) raking up QSOs relying on the disconnect between their operating location and the callsign naming to fill their log.

When there is a discrepancy in the log, what is correct, the State or the DXCC?

When it comes to a new previously unworked Callsign, if XML results are ambiguous, JTAlert will adjust the DXCC to match the State reported. This is the only time that JTAlert will override.

de Laurie VK3AMA