Date   

locked Re: Band Heat F12

f8nhf
 

Thanks Willi

I wasn't getting the right help ......HIHI
 problem solved

73 Denis F8NHF


locked Re: Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?

Dave Garber
 

not sure if part of your answer, it seems by your image that an alert came up because he is sending a different grid square than you say you logged..
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:41 AM Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@...> wrote:
Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


locked Re: Band Heat F12

Willi Passmann
 

To move the window, hold the shift key down click anywhere in the window with the left mouse button and keeping the mouse button pressed drag the window to the new position.
(help file, second paragraph of the "Band Heat Window" topic.)

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ


Am 15.04.2021 um 10:47 schrieb f8nhf:

Thank you for your answer
the problem is that I can't move this window to another screen on the same PC, I must be missing something 
 
73 Denis F8NHF



locked Re: Band Heat F12

f8nhf
 

Thank you for your answer
the problem is that I can't move this window to another screen on the same PC, I must be missing something 
 
73 Denis F8NHF


locked Re: Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?

Jim Reisert AD1C
 

Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


locked Re: F5 Message Fonts

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 3:15 pm, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Overall, v 2.50.0 appears to be working perfectly.  However, I got a message today and the white on blue bubble is very hard to read - would be great to be able to customize those colors as well.  I tried to increase the font, but the dialog box and some of the F5 window fonts increased, but the message box did not follow as well.  Increasing the font to 150% only made a minor change in the blue balloon, not near enough for those of us with aging eyes.  
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Colors are fully user-customizable. The great thing about the new windows, all color changes will be observed in real-time as you adjust. Look in the Options popup for that window.

Regarding the scaling, something is not right. The scaling is occurring, but the message  bubbles are not obeying the commands at the same rate as the rest of the window. It should be an easy fix, I hope.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Band Heat F12

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 2:58 pm, f8nhf wrote:
the Band Heat F12 window remains blocked at the top left   
of the screen no way to move it on the screen with JTAlert
I work with 3 screens, 1 is the main one, it's on 1 that the Band Heat window is blocked while JTAlert is on screen 3
 Do you have an idea ?

73 Denis F8NHF

Its discussed in the help file. Second paragraph of the "Band Heat Window" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked F5 Message Fonts

WB5JJJ - George
 

Overall, v 2.50.0 appears to be working perfectly.  However, I got a message today and the white on blue bubble is very hard to read - would be great to be able to customize those colors as well.  I tried to increase the font, but the dialog box and some of the F5 window fonts increased, but the message box did not follow as well.  Increasing the font to 150% only made a minor change in the blue balloon, not near enough for those of us with aging eyes.  
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ
Hamshack Holine #4969


locked Band Heat F12

f8nhf
 

Hello
the Band Heat F12 window remains blocked at the top left   
of the screen no way to move it on the screen with JTAlert
I work with 3 screens, 1 is the main one, it's on 1 that the Band Heat window is blocked while JTAlert is on screen 3
 Do you have an idea ?

73 Denis F8NHF


locked Re: Access newest Help file prior to installation?

Andrew; KF6LU
 

THANK YOU !  That answered my questions and concerns.


locked Re: Callsign window

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 1:45 am, Gilles beaulieu wrote:

I was able to click on callsigns in this window on the previous version. This new version don't seem to works or I don't know how... Any ideas or is it just for "show"

Gilles - VE3NPI


This is a WSJT-X setup issue.
An easy fix.
See my previous message https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/34228

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: 2.50 Like It

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 1:00 pm, Terry Scaia wrote:
Once again you've done an amazing job! I'm running WIN-10 on an old and underpowered PC, but the speed and look of 2.50 is wonderful. You have hit another home run!

73 de Terry N4IYB

You will likely see further speed improvements when the old JTAlert window is finally banished. Currently all the alerting code (this is high cpu usage) and logging code still lives within the bowels of the old JTAlert, old synchronous code (no multi-threading) that has to process the decodes and send the results to the new Callsigns window, via the Manager process, as udp data. When the old code  is gone, all processing will happen within modern multi-threaded asynchronous code, which is much faster.

Also all the newly introduced 2.50.0 windows run much of their UI drawing routines within the GPU of the video card, taking stress off the CPU and utilizing much faster dedicated video drawing code of DirectX.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Callsign window

Paul Nicholson
 

Copy & Pasted from another message thread. This was exactly my problem. I'm back on 2.5 and all is well


Non-coloring of decodes in WSJT-X by JTAlert and non-response to JTAlert Callsigns clicks is a classic problem that is more common in recent months with the new WSJT-X releases.The fix is simple, enable the "UDP Accept requests" in WSJT-X, Settings window, Reporting tab.For some reason, this setting is getting unchecked for many users with recent WSJT-X releases. I don't know if it is a defect in WSJT-X or the user setting up new configs in WSJT-X which will by default not have that setting enabled. I suspect the latter scenario.


locked Re: 2.50 Like It

Terry Scaia
 

Laurie, Once again you've done an amazing job! I'm running WIN-10 on an old and underpowered PC, but the speed and look of 2.50 is wonderful. You have hit another home run!

73 de Terry N4IYB


locked Re: Win10 updates and USB device reassignments. I have a theory.

Jim Brown
 

I keep my PCs updated too, and I generally let them run all the time.  And I still get reassignments. Windoze updates nearly always fail to see the default sound interface on my living room/office machine, which is a USB-connected Mackie Onyx (and often after a reboot). The last two updates on the shack machine, which I initiated after a "warning," reassigned most of the USB ports.

I'm set to reboot on my command, and I shut down all running programs first. I've had bad things happen when I didn't.

73, Jim K9YC




On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 4:25 PM Robie - AJ4F <ruler55@...> wrote:
Laurie,

I do the same as you and I have not had any issues so far.

Robie - AJ4F 

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021, 5:47 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
I noted the recent flurry of messages today after the most recent Win10 update causing USB device reassignments. Both my Win10 PCs were updated today without the USB reassignments. In fact, I have never encountered the devices being reassigned as many others have. That got me thinking.

I always keep my PCs updated, I don't permanently postpone Windows updates as some have advocated to avoid the problem. Having an un-updated PC connected to the Internet is asking for trouble, likely more trouble than that caused by device reassignments, IMO. At most I postpone updates for a couple of hours.

Why don't I get these reassignment problems? My theory is that it is due to not allowing Windows to update itself while the PC is in an idle state, like 2 or 3 in the morning, as it typically wants. I have windows set to notify that updates have been download and are ready to apply. I then allow the updates while I am watching the PC, and importantly, all my connected devices are active. That is none of my connected USB devices are asleep or hibernating during the update.

I wonder if Windows is reassigning devices because during its update, devices that it was previously aware of are not found, so reassigns. If all device are connected I suspect Windows will not reassign.

Comments?

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: View Dec odes window gone

John Holmes W9ILY
 

Thanks Laurie. I had missed that.
John W9ILY 


locked Re: 2.50 Like It

Roert Baker <rcbaker@...>
 


On 4/12/2021 6:43 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 13/04/2021 11:32 am, James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io wrote:

My last computer on Windows 7 is my FT8 computer.  Fortunately, the 64-bit 5.0.5 framework loaded without a hitch.  I do not have the paid updates (I didn’t know they existed).  My Windows version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ


Good to hear. I suspect however, that eventually, the .NET 5 runtime will have issues with Win7 SP1 per the Microsoft announcement. Likely the intention is that Win7 will not be supported without the ESU, but the underlying code has not reached that point or they simply forgot to enable a switch. Only time will tell.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: .NET 5 and W7 home premium

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 2:09 am, David Gould wrote:
but can I go back to my current version of .NET (4.8) if I encounter any problems with the upgrade?

Its safe to try and install .NET 5 Desktop Runtime. Despite the naming and version number, .NET 5 is not an update of .NET 4.8, they are two independent installs with very different internal technologies. You can have both installed concurrently on the same PC. Similar to how it is permitted to have multiple different version .NET Frameworks installed.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Large folder! - Defect confirmed

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/04/2021 11:17 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:
I just discovered that this folder:

C:\Users\mrbil\AppData\Local\HamApps\AA4M\config\JTAlertX

Contains 110MB of files dating from today all the way back to 08/22/21.  Is there any reason I can't delete all this as part of my periodic housekeeping?

73, Bill  AA4M

Bill,

Thanks for the report. I can confirm the defect.
This has now been corrected and tested. The fix for this old files cleanup will be in the next release.


If you want to manually delete the old files, see this message
https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/34185

de Laurie VK3AMA
 


locked Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing ->> try reinstalling the program to fix

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 10:52 am, Jim wrote:
OK NOW WE ARE TALKING... it seems to be working now but had to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable as well as two lower .net packages. This was a new install and the first time everything has been working together and it is windows and the never install everything you need. Now the only problem is I am fighting to learn the organization of the set up now.... specifically I cant find out to scan the .mdb file in dxKeeper but its probably in the docs so I am off to find the info... thanks again Jim K3YBN

Good news!

Scanning the DXKeeper log, and all the other loggers, is still in the same old place. The main JTAlert window, "Settings -> Rebuild Alert Database" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA

2941 - 2960 of 36957