Date   

locked Re: JTAlert stops reporting decodes and logging to HRD sporadically #HRD

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/06/2020 9:22 pm, Michael, DJ2VA wrote:
I was using several previous versions of JTAlert, WSJT-X and Hamradio Deluxe. Reporting Alerts and logging to HRD 6.7.0.xxx worked fine until I upgraded to JTAlert 2.16.6 and WSJT-X 2.2.0 RC3.
Now happens again and again, that JTAlert stops reporting decodes after a random period of time (several minutes). At the same time QSOs are no longer logged to HRD. Leaving everything on its own it takes again several minutes and suddenyl reporting starts again, also logging to HRD works again.

I could also force JTAlert to start reporting / logging, by closing and restarting JTAlert.
Does anybody else recognize that? Any ideas how to solve that problem?

73,
Michael

Make sure your not running WSJT-X with elevated privileges (set to run as Administrator).
Also try the latest builds of JTAlert and WSJT-X.
WSJT-X is now at 2.2.1 and the latest JTAlert build can be found in this post... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/30164

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Using WSJT-X, JTAlert and MacLoggerDX together nicely

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 9:03 am, Jay wrote:

I have WSJT-X and JTAlert running on a Win 10Pro computer attached to my Flex 6300.   I use MacLoggerDX that is on a Networked Mac.

I can get JTAlert to operate correctly (I used HRD for years) and no problems.  I switched to Mac LoggerDX because l liked it much better.  I can log my WSJT-X to the Mac by replacing the Loopback address (127.0.0.1) with address of the Mac, but then JTAlert fails.  I figured out that JTAlert cannot handle Multicast, but is there a solution someone has like logging to a weird port (6666, etc.), having a program monitor there and rebroadcast to 2237 for JTAlert and another port for the Mac and take any incoming traffic from JTAlert back to WSJT-X?  Secondary UDP does not seem to work in the later versions of WSJT-X (or I cannot make it work).

Real question is has anyone successfully done this.  I can do kludge, but I do not want to spend a week spinning my wheels if there is a solution, or no chance for a solution.

jb  N4NQY

Try having the Mac logger listen to the JTAlert resend of WSJT-X UDP traffic.
See the Applications -> WSJT-X/JTDX section of the JTAlert settings.

   
   
de Laurie VK3AMA



locked Re: Coloring of JTDX Alerts

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 10:45 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
In my copy of WSJT-X, my Alert Color for Wanted Grid is the same as
the color for a new callsign, i.e. black text on cyan background.  Is
this the default for a new installation, or did my colors get messed
up?
You messed up (your words, not mine). All Alert color combinations, by default, are unique. There is only one cyan background alert.

These ate the colors from a default install...

   

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: I need more callsign display real estate please

Jim N6VH
 


On 6/7/2020 4:28 PM, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
Jim,

Showing only CQ calls has done the trick. I do want to see B4 calls but there are not too many of those.
Many thanks and stay safe,
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
_._,_._,_


Guy,

Very good. Glad it worked for you. Yes, I usually have B4 calls displayed also.

73,

Jim N6VH


locked Re: Coloring of JTDX Alerts

Jim Reisert AD1C
 

While we are on this topic.....

In my copy of WSJT-X, my Alert Color for Wanted Grid is the same as
the color for a new callsign, i.e. black text on cyan background. Is
this the default for a new installation, or did my colors get messed
up?

Second, if I wanted to set the background color for this alert to
match the peach-ish or orange-ish color shown in the Band Activity
window in WSJT-X, does anyone know the corresponding numerical values
to enter into WSJT-X, i.e. Red, Green, Blue, Hue, Sat and Lum?

Thanks - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, http://www.ad1c.us


locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 9:55 am, Dan Osborne wrote:
Is the "pause" cmd causing issues ???

Yes, most likely. You should only use pauses or other commands that require user input when manually testing your scripts then remove them once your satisfied that the script is functioning correctly. Your script will be hanging waiting for user-input which cannot be provided as there is no gui or console window to interact with.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

W5AFY Dan EM04id
 

OK Laurie - here is the error file -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020-06-07 23:26:09.6925 | Error | Error executing "C:\Users\Dan_Osborne\Desktop\test.bat" | System.InvalidOperationException: Process must exit before requested information can be determined.
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_ExitTime()
   at JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.#=zaLLCZ1sMrxBe(AlertToPlay #=zP4KniaE=)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the contents of the test.bat file are :

pause
dir
pause

I checked file and directory permissions - they look OK..

Is the "pause" cmd causing issues ???

tnx

On 6/7/2020 6:05 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 8/06/2020 6:31 am, Dan Osborne wrote:
My issue is that I can NOT get ANY script to execute when called from JT Alert - either via a JT Alert
trigger or the TEST button. The command prompt window never pops up.

Ideas ???

Dan

JTAlert, by design, will not show any console window or similar associated with your script. The output is redirected and recorded in a log file. A planned option to disable that non-display when running the script from within JTAlert for test purposes has not been implemented.

To avoid blocking the main JTAlert process with a user-supplied script, JTAlert itself does not execute the script, but offloads the command to the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process which will try and execute it in a dedicate thread. Check that the "User Alert" module of the the Manager process is initialized via the JTAlert Help->About menu. It should be similar to this...

================================
JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2020-06-06 22:00:53 utc)
-----------------------------------
Audio          : Initialized : YES
BandData       : Initialized : YES
HamSpots       : Initialized : YES
Text Msgs      : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml        : Initialized : YES
HamQth Xml     : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log        : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log     : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log    : Initialized : YES
Eqsl Log       : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log     : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE      : Initialized : YES
User Alert     : Initialized : YES
Updates Chk    : Initialized : YES
Maintenance    : Initialized : YES

If the Manager status looks good, then the next step is to check the log files for the "User Alert"
Using Windows File explorer, navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALL>\session\JTAlertX\1\
Look for the files names starting with "JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log". File names with a 8 character date are archived files, look for files without the date as they are the current live log files.

If there is a
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.error file that should be examined. Any error trying to execute your script should be recorded there.

The
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.debug file records a dump of the command data sent from JTAlert to the Manager process. eg...
2020-06-07 22:46:03.9268 | Debug | [{"Call":"VK3AMA","Band":"6m","Mode":"FT8","Decode":"CQ VK3AMA QF22","AlertNo":"99","AlertType":"Alert Type","AlertTrig":"Alert Trigger","Date":"2020-06-07","Time":"22:46","QRG":"50313","DF":"2134","DB":"-10","Dxcc":"150","Country":"Australia","MthonCountry":"Australia","CQZone":"30","Continent":"OC","State":"","Grid":"QF22","Prefix":"VK3","Bearing":"45","Distance":"12345","Eqsl":"Yes","Lotw":"Yes","LotwDate":"2019-10-28",}] |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Init "{"LogDir":"C:\\Users\\LGC\\AppData\\Local\\HamApps\\VK3AMA\\session\\JTAlertX\\","FileName":"UserAlert.txt","Executable":"E:\\Temp\\UserAlertTest.bat","Parameters":"","Timeout":"15",}" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | LogDir     : "C:\Users\LGC\AppData\Local\HamApps\VK3AMA\session\JTAlertX\" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | FileName   : "UserAlert.txt" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Executable : "E:\Temp\UserAlertTest.bat" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Parameters : "" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Timeout    : 15 |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | ShowWindow : false |

The
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.info file may show the console output of your script (not guaranteed depending on script). My test script produces the following...
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | ------------------------------------------------- |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | Blat v3.2.22 (build : Jul 19 2019 23:25:36) |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | 32-bit Windows, Full, Unicode |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | ErrorLevel returned from Blat == 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | FINISHED |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Exit time    : "2020-06-07 22:46:06" |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Exit code    : 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Elapsed time : 1961.8679 ms |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Number of passed arguments: 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | ------------------------------------------------- |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | JTAlert set environment variables |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |      %JTAlert_AlertNo% : 99 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |    %JTAlert_AlertType% : Alert Type |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | %JTAlert_AlertTrigger% : Alert Trigger |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |       %JTAlert_Decode% : CQ VK3AMA QF22 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Call% : VK3AMA |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Date% : 2020-06-07 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Time% : 22:46 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Band% : 6m |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Mode% : FT8 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |          %JTAlert_QRG% : 50313 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |           %JTAlert_DF% : 2134 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |           %JTAlert_DB% : -10 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Dxcc% : 150 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |      %JTAlert_Country% : Australia |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | %JTAlert_MthonCountry% : Australia |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |       %JTAlert_CQZone% : 30 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |    %JTAlert_Continent% : OC |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |        %JTAlert_State% :  |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Grid% : QF22 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |       %JTAlert_Prefix% : VK3 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |      %JTAlert_Bearing% : 45 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |     %JTAlert_Distance% : 12345 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Eqsl% : Yes |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Lotw% : Yes |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |     %JTAlert_LotwDate% : 2019-10-28 |

Let me know what you find.

de Laurie VK3AMA




--
W5AFY (ex WB5AFY) EM04id 972-839-6992 cell


locked Re: I need more callsign display real estate please

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
 

Jim,

Showing only CQ calls has done the trick. I do want to see B4 calls but there are not too many of those.
Many thanks and stay safe,
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT


locked Using WSJT-X, JTAlert and MacLoggerDX together nicely

Jay
 

This general topic is pretty old, but maybe someone has an elegant answer to it by now.

I have WSJT-X and JTAlert running on a Win 10Pro computer attached to my Flex 6300.   I use MacLoggerDX that is on a Networked Mac.

I can get JTAlert to operate correctly (I used HRD for years) and no problems.  I switched to Mac LoggerDX because l liked it much better.  I can log my WSJT-X to the Mac by replacing the Loopback address (127.0.0.1) with address of the Mac, but then JTAlert fails.  I figured out that JTAlert cannot handle Multicast, but is there a solution someone has like logging to a weird port (6666, etc.), having a program monitor there and rebroadcast to 2237 for JTAlert and another port for the Mac and take any incoming traffic from JTAlert back to WSJT-X?  Secondary UDP does not seem to work in the later versions of WSJT-X (or I cannot make it work).

Real question is has anyone successfully done this.  I can do kludge, but I do not want to spend a week spinning my wheels if there is a solution, or no chance for a solution.

jb  N4NQY


locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 6:31 am, Dan Osborne wrote:
My issue is that I can NOT get ANY script to execute when called from JT Alert - either via a JT Alert
trigger or the TEST button. The command prompt window never pops up.

Ideas ???

Dan

JTAlert, by design, will not show any console window or similar associated with your script. The output is redirected and recorded in a log file. A planned option to disable that non-display when running the script from within JTAlert for test purposes has not been implemented.

To avoid blocking the main JTAlert process with a user-supplied script, JTAlert itself does not execute the script, but offloads the command to the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process which will try and execute it in a dedicate thread. Check that the "User Alert" module of the the Manager process is initialized via the JTAlert Help->About menu. It should be similar to this...

================================
JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2020-06-06 22:00:53 utc)
-----------------------------------
Audio          : Initialized : YES
BandData       : Initialized : YES
HamSpots       : Initialized : YES
Text Msgs      : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml        : Initialized : YES
HamQth Xml     : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log        : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log     : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log    : Initialized : YES
Eqsl Log       : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log     : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE      : Initialized : YES
User Alert     : Initialized : YES
Updates Chk    : Initialized : YES
Maintenance    : Initialized : YES

If the Manager status looks good, then the next step is to check the log files for the "User Alert"
Using Windows File explorer, navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALL>\session\JTAlertX\1\
Look for the files names starting with "JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log". File names with a 8 character date are archived files, look for files without the date as they are the current live log files.

If there is a
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.error file that should be examined. Any error trying to execute your script should be recorded there.

The
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.debug file records a dump of the command data sent from JTAlert to the Manager process. eg...
2020-06-07 22:46:03.9268 | Debug | [{"Call":"VK3AMA","Band":"6m","Mode":"FT8","Decode":"CQ VK3AMA QF22","AlertNo":"99","AlertType":"Alert Type","AlertTrig":"Alert Trigger","Date":"2020-06-07","Time":"22:46","QRG":"50313","DF":"2134","DB":"-10","Dxcc":"150","Country":"Australia","MthonCountry":"Australia","CQZone":"30","Continent":"OC","State":"","Grid":"QF22","Prefix":"VK3","Bearing":"45","Distance":"12345","Eqsl":"Yes","Lotw":"Yes","LotwDate":"2019-10-28",}] |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Init "{"LogDir":"C:\\Users\\LGC\\AppData\\Local\\HamApps\\VK3AMA\\session\\JTAlertX\\","FileName":"UserAlert.txt","Executable":"E:\\Temp\\UserAlertTest.bat","Parameters":"","Timeout":"15",}" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | LogDir     : "C:\Users\LGC\AppData\Local\HamApps\VK3AMA\session\JTAlertX\" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | FileName   : "UserAlert.txt" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Executable : "E:\Temp\UserAlertTest.bat" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Parameters : "" |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | Timeout    : 15 |
2020-06-07 22:46:09.3263 | Debug | ShowWindow : false |

The
JTAlertV2.Manager.Alert.User.log.info file may show the console output of your script (not guaranteed depending on script). My test script produces the following...
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | ------------------------------------------------- |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | Blat v3.2.22 (build : Jul 19 2019 23:25:36) |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | 32-bit Windows, Full, Unicode |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | ErrorLevel returned from Blat == 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:05.0231 |  Info | FINISHED |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Exit time    : "2020-06-07 22:46:06" |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Exit code    : 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Elapsed time : 1961.8679 ms |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | Number of passed arguments: 0 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | ------------------------------------------------- |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | JTAlert set environment variables |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |      %JTAlert_AlertNo% : 99 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |    %JTAlert_AlertType% : Alert Type |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | %JTAlert_AlertTrigger% : Alert Trigger |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |       %JTAlert_Decode% : CQ VK3AMA QF22 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Call% : VK3AMA |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Date% : 2020-06-07 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Time% : 22:46 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Band% : 6m |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Mode% : FT8 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |          %JTAlert_QRG% : 50313 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |           %JTAlert_DF% : 2134 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |           %JTAlert_DB% : -10 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Dxcc% : 150 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info |      %JTAlert_Country% : Australia |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1086 |  Info | %JTAlert_MthonCountry% : Australia |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |       %JTAlert_CQZone% : 30 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |    %JTAlert_Continent% : OC |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |        %JTAlert_State% :  |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Grid% : QF22 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |       %JTAlert_Prefix% : VK3 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |      %JTAlert_Bearing% : 45 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |     %JTAlert_Distance% : 12345 |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Eqsl% : Yes |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |         %JTAlert_Lotw% : Yes |
2020-06-07 22:46:06.1135 |  Info |     %JTAlert_LotwDate% : 2019-10-28 |

Let me know what you find.

de Laurie VK3AMA



locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

Michael Black
 

Make sure you run it by double-clicking from a file browser

And that you have the parameters done correctly.  Also ensure there are no spaces in the directory/path to the script.  If there are you might be able to "" the path.

Inline image





On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 03:32:22 PM CDT, Dan Osborne <wb5afy@...> wrote:


HI Mike - I have  your script updated with my info and it runs fine when executed manually.
Sends email just fine with the JT Alert passed parms.

My issue is that I can NOT get ANY script to execute when called from JT Alert - either via a JT Alert
trigger or the TEST button. The command prompt window never pops up.

Ideas ???

Dan O

On 6/7/2020 3:15 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
There's a powershell script on my QRZ page with directions that should work if you're running Windows 10.


Mike W9MDB




On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 03:12:50 PM CDT, Dan Osborne <wb5afy@...> wrote:


For some reason the "TEST" button in the user defined alert settings will not cause my test.bat to run.
The test.bat runs fine when manually executed. File permissions look fine - what am I missing ???

tnx
Dan O


--
W5AFY (ex WB5AFY) EM04id 972-839-6992 cell


locked Re: JTAlert does not work well with one WSJT-X and one JTDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 6:45 am, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
Having only used WSJT-X until now.

I have had a play with using JTDX and found that JTalert seems to work fine with either 2 copies if WSJT-X or 2 of JTDX active, but not if I try one of each.

JTAlert fails to see that the second program (either WSJT-X or JTDX) is running and sits waiting for 2nd instance to start.

This is by design.

It took me a few minutes to find the relevant entry in the Release notes so your excused from not having seen this, taken from the 2.10.0 (21-JUL-2017) notes...
    - The multi-instance support has also been changed. Running multiple copies
       of JTAlert against both WSJT-X and JTDX simultaneously is not supported.
       You can run multiple instances of JTAlert against either WSJT-X OR JTDX
       only. Both types of applications can be running simultaneously on the PC,
       but only one JTAlert operating mode (against WSJT-X or JTDX) is allowed.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Coloring of JTDX Alerts

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 6:29 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:
I have noticed that the JTAlert coloring of alerts is different between WSJT-X and JTDX in that the alert color does not appear on the JTDX screen to identify the call that caused the alert. This coloring occurs in WSJT-X and is very helpful. Am I missing something in either JTDX or JTAlert?
John W9ILY

JTAlert doesn't send Callsign/decode coloring instructions to JTDX simply because the JTDX devs decided to not support that component of the WSJT-X UDP messages api. That is JTDX doesn't support coloring or decode text.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Special callsigns

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/06/2020 3:52 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
There are 750 special event callsigns in U.S.  I haven't looked up foreign ones.

The point here to get JTAlert to recognize these as need-to-be-worked since they expire so quickly.

A regular expression detects them.

"[WKN][0-9][A-WYZ]"

And this to detect one with a suffix.
"[WKN][0-9][A-WYZ]/"

Mike W9MDB

Any coded solution has to be flexible enough to take into account the fundamental question "what is a special event Callsign? There is no clearly defined answer, is is subject to the whims of a user. A 1x1 callsign is may be a special event call to a US based Ham, but not so for many others. Here in VK 1x1 callsigns are not permitted or available . What is a special event callsign is no different from what is a DX callsign, there is no right or wrong answer.

Any coded solution I develop is guaranteed to be incorrect for some users 5 minutes after a public release.

My preferred option is to allow the user to decide what is a special event callsign and adjust their alerting as need.

Using the current JTAlert framework there are a number of ways to tackle the "avoid reporting B4 for special event Callsigns".
  • With the 1x1 callsigns, changing hands every week or so, they will likely be operating from different locations, so setting the B4 alert to consider the on-air Grid will allow for Alerting when the Callsign is reassigned and they start CQing from a new Grid. This also works for roving stations that may operated from a number of Grids iover a short period of time (hours, days, weeks, etc).

  • Add the special event Callsign(s) as a Wanted Callsign and enable the "ignore B4" option for that Alert. Either a list of callsigns can be imported for the Wanted Callsign Alert or add the Callsigns as needed via the right-click context menu of the alerted Callsign.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTalert Ver. 2.16.4 is not logging the seconds

Joe Subich, W4TV
 

How can I have the JTalert log the time with the seconds.
Read the documentation!

Manage Settings -> Logging -> Logging Options

scroll down to ""Log seconds in time_on and time_off values"

Check the box.


73,

... Joe, W4TV


On 2020-06-07 3:47 PM, Elie Kadi wrote:
Hello Group,
How can I have the JTalert log the time with the seconds.
This as in HRD logbook it is only showing 00 after the hour and the minute
Thank you and 73 de Elie OD5KU


locked Re: JTAlert does not work well with one WSJT-X and one JTDX

Stewart Wilkinson
 

This is with JTAlert 2.16.6 beta 011 , WSJT-X 2.2.1 and JTDX 2.1.0-rc150.


locked JTAlert does not work well with one WSJT-X and one JTDX

Stewart Wilkinson
 

Having only used WSJT-X until now.

I have had a play with using JTDX and found that JTalert seems to work fine with either 2 copies if WSJT-X or 2 of JTDX active, but not if I try one of each.

JTAlert fails to see that the second program (either WSJT-X or JTDX) is running and sits waiting for 2nd instance to start.


locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

W5AFY Dan EM04id
 

HI Mike - I have  your script updated with my info and it runs fine when executed manually.
Sends email just fine with the JT Alert passed parms.

My issue is that I can NOT get ANY script to execute when called from JT Alert - either via a JT Alert
trigger or the TEST button. The command prompt window never pops up.

Ideas ???

Dan O

On 6/7/2020 3:15 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
There's a powershell script on my QRZ page with directions that should work if you're running Windows 10.


Mike W9MDB




On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 03:12:50 PM CDT, Dan Osborne <wb5afy@...> wrote:


For some reason the "TEST" button in the user defined alert settings will not cause my test.bat to run.
The test.bat runs fine when manually executed. File permissions look fine - what am I missing ???

tnx
Dan O


--
W5AFY (ex WB5AFY) EM04id 972-839-6992 cell


locked Coloring of JTDX Alerts

John Holmes W9ILY
 

I have noticed that the JTAlert coloring of alerts is different between WSJT-X and JTDX in that the alert color does not appear on the JTDX screen to identify the call that caused the alert. This coloring occurs in WSJT-X and is very helpful. Am I missing something in either JTDX or JTAlert?
John W9ILY


locked Re: User Defined Alter Test Button

Michael Black
 

There's a powershell script on my QRZ page with directions that should work if you're running Windows 10.


Mike W9MDB




On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 03:12:50 PM CDT, Dan Osborne <wb5afy@...> wrote:


For some reason the "TEST" button in the user defined alert settings will not cause my test.bat to run.
The test.bat runs fine when manually executed. File permissions look fine - what am I missing ???

tnx
Dan O