Date   

locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>
 

The names come for QRZ...you'll have to look those up.  JT-Alert doesn't do that.

Dave
K3DCW


On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 8:34 AM, kc2nyu <eckerpw@...> wrote:
 



Laurie- Thanks for quick reply and all the work you have done for us, it is much appreciated.
- Yes I am using the MS Access log file.
- I did not have the "Enable HRD5" box at the top of config page checked.
- So now I get the auto import to my HRD logbook with all the necessary fields filled in except the name of the person.
- I also did an import of older JT65-HF contacts and that worked fine , but again, I did not get names.
- So it would appear that I have almost got it but am missing one last nit in the setup or the process.

Tnx, Paul KC2NYU

Tnx Jim also for your reply




--
Dave
K3DCW
www.k3dcw.net

"Real radio bounces off of the sky"


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

Jim - N4ST
 

Laurie,

 

They aren’t vital fields, but on my system [Window 7, HRD 5 Beta 2893] I get garbage in:

Age, 10-10, Ant Az, Ant El, My Lat, My Long, Num Pings, Num Bursts, Max Bursts.

 

The weird thing is that Age, for instance, is populated with “1246576928” and I figured I could bulk filter on ages greater than 125 and then bulk repair the entries, but HRD filtering doesn’t seem to work on those fields.

I don’t know enough about the HRD MS Access data file.  I’m assuming that whatever fields JT-Alert doesn’t populate are just left with garbage in them. (?)

 

Jim – N4ST

 

 

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of Laurie, VK3AMA
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 08:02
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

 

 

Jim,

Care to elaborate. "There are several fields of invalid data when JT-Alert fills out the HRD Log"
First I have heard of this.

There was the issue of QSOs being flagged as SWL, that is corrected in 1.5.1.  HRD is the only logger I have encountered where you explicitly have to tell it a QSO is NOT an SWL. All other loggers I have tested (if they support SWL QSOs) set a special flag to indicate SWL. That is why that one slipped pass me in HRD.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 23-October-2011 22:47, Jim - N4ST wrote:

If you want to move an existing JT65-HF log (previous QSOs) to HRD:

1)      Create a log in HRD, if you haven’t already done so.

2)      Right click in HRD on the log to bring up a menu and select ‘Import’.

3)      Supply the path/filename to your existing JT-65 log and proceed to pull them in.

 

Setup JT-Alert 1.51 properly and all of your future logging will be sent to your HRD5 log automatically.

There are several fields of invalid data when JT-Alert fills out the HRD Log, but these can be bulk corrected later if it bugs you.

 

Jim – N4ST

 

 

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of kc2nyu
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 07:04
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

 

 

OK I admit I must be a dummy, but I'll be darn if I can figure out how
to get my JT65-HF QSO's to my HRD 5 Logbook. I have 1.0.7 JT65HF
installed and 1.5.1 of JT-Alert. I searched the Group but nothing I
find has yet to sink in.
- Do I have to manually export the Log first, if so how is this done?
- I got the sense that in JT-Alert 1.5.1, some of this process was
made easier. What do I have to do to move the QSO's to HRD Logbook?
- Need to hook up with someone who has figured out this process and
can walk me though it.
- Running Win7, 64bit PC
Tnx and 73, Paul, KC2NYU

 _,_._,___


locked Double-Click Decoded Callsign

Doug Netherton VE3MCF
 

Hi Laurie,

First of all, let me congratulate you on a great application.
It appeared at just the right time to fulfill a great need.
I have more that 350 jt65 qso's, so searching the log for
duplicates is a great asset.

I'm not sure if my problem is a config problem or not.
In 1.4.1, I could double-click on a decoded callsign and
DXKeeper would do a search on the callsign and DXView
would also bring up information on the callsign.

In my 1.5.1 system, it just does nothing.
-------
DXView is 3.6.1, DXKeeper is 9.6.9, JT-Alert 1.5.1, JF65-HF 1.0.7

JT-Alert Parms:

- Logging set to DXKeeper - Works great
- DXLab - Perform DXKeeper lookup to new JT65-HF "TX to Call Sign"
entry is ticked - Works great! Can untick and function stops.
- Allow DXKeeper lookup via callsign right-click
context menu is ticked.
- Allow Pathfinder lookup via callsign right-click
context menu is not ticked as it is not installed.
- CallSign Databases set to use DXLab versions. Recommend installing
minimalist version of DXLab i.e. DXLauncher, DXView to install
and maintain DXLab databases instead of "re-inventing wheel"
to maintain JT-Alert versions.
-------
Doug, VE3MCF


locked Re: How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

w2eck
 

Dave- thanks, keep learning something new. Clicking QRZ button in HRD Logbook, then using the "fill empty fields" button takes care of missing data.


Paul KC2NYU

--- In Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

The names come for QRZ...you'll have to look those up. JT-Alert doesn't do
that.

Dave
K3DCW

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 8:34 AM, kc2nyu <eckerpw@...> wrote:

**




Laurie- Thanks for quick reply and all the work you have done for us, it is
much appreciated.
- Yes I am using the MS Access log file.
- I did not have the "Enable HRD5" box at the top of config page checked.
- So now I get the auto import to my HRD logbook with all the necessary
fields filled in except the name of the person.
- I also did an import of older JT65-HF contacts and that worked fine , but
again, I did not get names.
- So it would appear that I have almost got it but am missing one last nit
in the setup or the process.

Tnx, Paul KC2NYU

Tnx Jim also for your reply




--
Dave
K3DCW
www.k3dcw.net

"Real radio bounces off of the sky"


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Double-Click Decoded Callsign

JGMAGS <jgmags2000@...>
 

Right click on the decoded call, then choose your option.

73, John KJ1J
 
"Many a good argument is ruined by some fool that knows what he is talking about"
... Marshall McLuhan...


From: Doug Netherton VE3MCF
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:11 AM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Double-Click Decoded Callsign

 
Hi Laurie,

First of all, let me congratulate you on a great application.
It appeared at just the right time to fulfill a great need.
I have more that 350 jt65 qso's, so searching the log for
duplicates is a great asset.

I'm not sure if my problem is a config problem or not.
In 1.4.1, I could double-click on a decoded callsign and
DXKeeper would do a search on the callsign and DXView
would also bring up information on the callsign.

In my 1.5.1 system, it just does nothing.
-------
DXView is 3.6.1, DXKeeper is 9.6.9, JT-Alert 1.5.1, JF65-HF 1.0.7

JT-Alert Parms:

- Logging set to DXKeeper - Works great
- DXLab - Perform DXKeeper lookup to new JT65-HF "TX to Call Sign"
entry is ticked - Works great! Can untick and function stops.
- Allow DXKeeper lookup via callsign right-click
context menu is ticked.
- Allow Pathfinder lookup via callsign right-click
context menu is not ticked as it is not installed.
- CallSign Databases set to use DXLab versions. Recommend installing
minimalist version of DXLab i.e. DXLauncher, DXView to install
and maintain DXLab databases instead of "re-inventing wheel"
to maintain JT-Alert versions.
-------
Doug, VE3MCF




locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Paul,

JT-Alert doesn't log name information unless you have provided it. If the additional log fields are displayed, any data entered there, including the Name will get posted to the log. I typically do a lookup of QRZ via my browser during the QSO and enter any additional detail and also ensuring the State is correct (for US Stations) plus flagging the QSO as QSL requested if wanted, thus avoiding going into my log and entering that data after the Log event.

BTW, if you right-click a decoded call sign, there is an option to do a QRZ lookup, this brings up your default browser on the QRZ info for that callsign. Note: JT-Alert doesn't grab any data from that page, that is left to the user as part of the "filling in time" component of a JT65 QSO.

de Laurie, VK3AMA


On 23-October-2011 23:34, kc2nyu wrote:

Laurie- Thanks for quick reply and all the work you have done for us, it is much appreciated.
- Yes I am using the MS Access log file. 
- I did not have the "Enable HRD5" box at the top of config page checked.
- So now I get the auto import to my HRD logbook with all the necessary fields filled in except the name of the person.
- I also did an import of older JT65-HF contacts and that worked fine , but again, I did not get names.
- So it would appear that I have almost got it but am missing one last nit in the setup or the process.

Tnx, Paul KC2NYU

Tnx Jim also for your reply


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Double-Click Decoded Callsign

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Hi Doug,

The double-click on callsign function to lookup callsign in DXKeeper was moved to a right-click context menu as of ver 1.5.0. This was done to free up the double-click event for a new feature in JT-Alert (not yet announced, still in test phase).

Thanks for the suggestion of minimalist DXLab install to have access to DXLab US, LoTW & eQSL database files. I chose not to do this for a couple of reasons. The DXLab files are distributed as uncompressed files, significantly larger (DXLab US file = 38MB, my US file = 9MB) than the files I provide, with a significant increase in download time. I also didn't feel comfortable requiring users to install further applications from another source just to get access to these files. Of course, if the user has the DXLab suite installed (like myself), then they don't have to install or upgrade the Ham-Apps database files. In the next release of JT-Alert, these files will no longer be distributed with the JT-Alert install and will be a separate download. I chose to have them packaged with the 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 releases so that new new features of JT-Alert 1.5.0, that use these files, could be experienced by all users without additional effort.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24-October-2011 00:11, Doug Netherton VE3MCF wrote:
Hi Laurie,

First of all, let me congratulate you on a great application.
It appeared at just the right time to fulfill a great need.
I have more that 350 jt65 qso's, so searching the log for
duplicates is a great asset.

I'm not sure if my problem is a config problem or not.
In 1.4.1, I could double-click on a decoded callsign and
DXKeeper would do a search on the callsign and DXView
would also bring up information on the callsign.

In my 1.5.1 system, it just does nothing.
-------
DXView is 3.6.1, DXKeeper is 9.6.9, JT-Alert 1.5.1, JF65-HF 1.0.7

JT-Alert Parms:

- Logging set to DXKeeper - Works great
- DXLab - Perform DXKeeper lookup to new JT65-HF "TX to Call Sign"
           entry is ticked - Works great!  Can untick and function stops.
         - Allow DXKeeper lookup via callsign right-click
           context menu is ticked.
          - Allow Pathfinder  lookup via callsign right-click
           context menu is not  ticked as it is not installed.
- CallSign Databases set to use DXLab versions.  Recommend installing
           minimalist version of DXLab i.e. DXLauncher, DXView to install
           and maintain DXLab databases instead of "re-inventing wheel"
           to maintain JT-Alert versions.
-------
Doug,  VE3MCF



locked Re: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. I am starting to appreciate why Simon abandoned HRD, lots of unresolved bugs!

HRD log is the only log I know, that when fields are empty, it populates with garbage, it doesn't actually test for missing data and set the field blank. For instance, the 10-10 field, it is legitimate to have this field blank when in HRDLog. JT-Alert doesn't set that field, so HRD decides to set it as "1246576928"!!  This is similar to the SWL setting, no data in the SWL field of the log sets the QSO as SWL and once set as SWL, changing that in the log doesn't stick, the log file has to be manually edited (another HRD bug). So the garbage data is caused by HRD.

Having said all that. I now know where to look and what to look for in the HRD log file, and will be able to produce a fix so that future logged QSOs wont have this garbage data.

73 de Laurie, VK3AMA


On 23-October-2011 23:45, Jim - N4ST wrote:

Laurie,

 

They aren’t vital fields, but on my system [Window 7, HRD 5 Beta 2893] I get garbage in:

Age, 10-10, Ant Az, Ant El, My Lat, My Long, Num Pings, Num Bursts, Max Bursts.

 

The weird thing is that Age, for instance, is populated with “1246576928” and I figured I could bulk filter on ages greater than 125 and then bulk repair the entries, but HRD filtering doesn’t seem to work on those fields.

I don’t know enough about the HRD MS Access data file.  I’m assuming that whatever fields JT-Alert doesn’t populate are just left with garbage in them. (?)

 

Jim – N4ST

 

 

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of Laurie, VK3AMA
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 08:02
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

 

 

Jim,

Care to elaborate. "There are several fields of invalid data when JT-Alert fills out the HRD Log"
First I have heard of this.

There was the issue of QSOs being flagged as SWL, that is corrected in 1.5.1.  HRD is the only logger I have encountered where you explicitly have to tell it a QSO is NOT an SWL. All other loggers I have tested (if they support SWL QSOs) set a special flag to indicate SWL. That is why that one slipped pass me in HRD.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 23-October-2011 22:47, Jim - N4ST wrote:

If you want to move an existing JT65-HF log (previous QSOs) to HRD:

1)      Create a log in HRD, if you haven’t already done so.

2)      Right click in HRD on the log to bring up a menu and select ‘Import’.

3)      Supply the path/filename to your existing JT-65 log and proceed to pull them in.

 

Setup JT-Alert 1.51 properly and all of your future logging will be sent to your HRD5 log automatically.

There are several fields of invalid data when JT-Alert fills out the HRD Log, but these can be bulk corrected later if it bugs you.

 

Jim – N4ST

 

 

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of kc2nyu
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 07:04
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

 

 

OK I admit I must be a dummy, but I'll be darn if I can figure out how
to get my JT65-HF QSO's to my HRD 5 Logbook. I have 1.0.7 JT65HF
installed and 1.5.1 of JT-Alert. I searched the Group but nothing I
find has yet to sink in.
- Do I have to manually export the Log first, if so how is this done?
- I got the sense that in JT-Alert 1.5.1, some of this process was
made easier. What do I have to do to move the QSO's to HRD Logbook?
- Need to hook up with someone who has figured out this process and
can walk me though it.
- Running Win7, 64bit PC
Tnx and 73, Paul, KC2NYU


locked DXCC Search

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>
 


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] DXCC Search

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

HI Dave,

It's Work in progress and will be similar to the WAS log scan.

The DXCC management at the moment was my "initial proof of concept" and was left in to get some user feedback. I know, it is very user unfriendly.

de Laurie,VK3AMA

On 24-October-2011 12:22, Dave Wright wrote:
What is the chance of getting a log search for DXCC needed, similar to that in the WAS tab….the ability to have JT-Alert scan the log and identify which countries are needed, with the filtering for Paper, LoTW and/or EQSL like the WAS tab.


JT-Alert is a fantastic program!

-- 
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"
_,_._,___


locked JT-Alert is working at W7RJC's shack

w7rjc
 

Hi Laurie,

Well I finally got JT-Alert working with HRD Log. Used it yesterday and all contacts logged to LotW just fine. (eqsl also)

I cann't say exactly what fixed it ... except it had something to do with the QTSL certificate.
I would say if the LotW and HRD and JT-Alert are all set up properly from the gitgo then no problems .. other wise good luck!

Thanks for a VERY helpful program .. I am enjoying it very much.

Ray W7RJC


locked Config File losing some settings

Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz.bob@...>
 

I seem to be losing logging settings. *Or*, when I set logging to
DX-Lab, then select the JT-Alerts "B4" logging, DX-Labs is un-selected
or Logging.

Or does JT-Alert do the "B4" from Dxlab's lo?


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Config File losing some settings

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Hi Bob,

That is normal operation. If using a supported logger, the JT-Alert worked B4 file is no longer used as the B4 checks come from that Logger file.

de Laurie, Vk3AMA

On 28-October-2011 06:28, Bob KD7YZ wrote:
I seem to be losing logging settings. *Or*, when I set logging to
DX-Lab, then select the JT-Alerts "B4" logging, DX-Labs is un-selected
or Logging.

Or does JT-Alert do the "B4" from Dxlab's lo?




------------------------------------

Yahoo!7 Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ham-Apps/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ham-Apps/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    Ham-Apps-digest@... 
    Ham-Apps-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Ham-Apps-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo!7 Groups is subject to:
    http://au.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Config File losing some settings

Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz.bob@...>
 

On 10/27/2011 3:33 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
Hi Bob,

That is normal operation.
RR tnx .. that 'splains it. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't logging;
then I'd check the settings ... and so on.

TU


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Config File losing some settings

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Bob,

A quick way to check what Logger you are using is too look at what is displayed in the square brackets to the right of your callsign n the title-bar of JT-Alert.


de Laurie, VK3AMA


On 28-October-2011 06:41, Bob KD7YZ wrote:
On 10/27/2011 3:33 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
Hi Bob,

That is normal operation. 
RR tnx .. that 'splains it. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't logging;
then I'd check the settings ... and so on.

TU


locked ADIF export fault

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>
 


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] ADIF export fault

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

Hi Dave,

I found that problem just after the last release. I'm still shaking my head as to why I coded the ADIF like that since I spent a bit of time checking the ADIF specs.

That is fixed in the new release, 1.5.2, due this weekend some time.

The release notes for 1.5.2
  New    - Sounds and databases now distributed as separate installer files.
  New    - DXCC alerts now available by band (160M to 6M) or any band.
  New    - Scan Log to populate Wanted DXCC settings.
            (Currently only, DXKeeper, HRD4/5 (Access) & HRD5 (MySQL & MSSQL)).
  New    - Configuration Support section. Email Config & Session files.
  New    - DXKeeper warning messages and logging disabled if DXKeeper
            Configuration log path doesn't match log path in JT-Alert.
  New    - ADIF warning messages and logging disabled if ADIF log path
            is the same as the JT65-HF log file path
  New    - Records Longitude & Latitude (based on Gridsquare) in HRDV5 log.
  Change - Enhanced error checking, warning messages & session recording.
  BugFix - HRDLog producing garbage data for log fields not containing data.
  BugFix - When JT65-HF minimised to taskbar, JT-Alert not following (when docked).
  BugFix - Menus and Band activity pop-up don't display in multi-monitor
            setup when Secondary display is to the left or top of Primary.
  BugFix - Incorrect docking in multi-monitor setup when Secondary display
              is postion to the left or top of Primary display.
  BugFix - Band Activity Display showing regardless of enabled setting.
  BugFix - When logging is disabled, B4 log being called in error.
  BugFix - ADIF Log Band field missing "m"

de Laurie, VK3AMA


On 29-October-2011 05:23, Dave Wright wrote:
Laurie,

I've noticed that when using the "Standard ADIF File" logging option, JT-Alert will output the "band" as 10 or 20 or 30 (etc).  However, my logging software doesn't like that and chokes on the file since the ADIF standard is to include the 'm'; 10m, 20m, 30m, etc. Perhaps this could be tweaked in the next update whenever it is released.

I'm running v1.5.1 on OS X under Crossover for Mac.  JT65-HF is v1.0.7.


73,

Dave

-- 
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"


locked Re: [Ham-Apps] ADIF export fault

Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...>
 


locked JT-Alert 1.5.2 available - Important Changes

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>
 

JT-Alert 1.5.2 is available for download from Ham-Apps.com
This version contains several bug-fixes and new features.

Important changes with this version: The callsign databases and sound files are no longer included in the JT-Alert setup. They are now distributed as separate setup files. Since these files were part of the JT-Alert 1.5.0 and 1.5.0 installs, they are automatically removed when either of those versions is uninstalled or upgraded, so you will have to download and install those files separately.

1.5.2 Install Instructions:
  1. First, uninstall any previous version of JT-Alert (this will also remove sound and callsign
      database files that were part of JT-Alert 1.5.0 & 1.5.1)
  2. Download JT-Alert_1.5.2_Setup.exe (1.6MB size)
  3. Download JT-Alert_Databases_11.10.29_Setup.exe (9MB size)
  4. Download JT-Alert_Sounds_1.0.0_Setup.exe (3MB size)
  5. Run JT-Alert_Sounds_1.0.0_Setup.exe to install sound and voice files
      (specify Male or Female voice files during setup)
  6. Run JT-Alert_Databases_11.10.29_Setup.exe to install callsign databases
      (US State, eQSL(AG) and LoTW).
  7. Run JT-Alert_1.5.2_Setup.exe to install JT-Alert.
      (All previous settings are saved and will not be lost)
  8. JT-Alert is now ready to run.
Changes in 1.5.2...
  •   New    - Sounds and databases now distributed as separate installer files.
  •   New    - Configuration Support section. Email Config & Session files.
  •   New    - DXCC alerts now available by band (160M to 6M) or any band.
  •   New    - Scan Log to populate Wanted DXCC settings.
  •             (Currently only, DXKeeper, HRD4/5 (Access) & HRD5 (MySQL & MSSQL)).
  •   New    - DXKeeper warning messages and logging disabled if DXKeeper
  •             Configuration log path doesn't match log path in JT-Alert.
  •   New    - ADIF warning messages and logging disabled if ADIF log path
  •             is the same as the JT65-HF log file path
  •   New    - Records Longitude & Latitude (based on Gridsquare) in HRDV5 log.
  •   New    - Configuration Updates section. Display installed and available
  •             versions of JT-ALert, Callsign Databases and Sound files.
  •   Change - Enhanced error checking, warning messages & session recording.
  •   BugFix - HRDLog producing garbage data for log fields not containing data.
  •   BugFix - When JT65-HF minimised to taskbar, JT-Alert not following (when docked).
  •   BugFix - Menus and Band activity pop-up don't display in multi-monitor
  •             setup when Secondary display is to the left or top of Primary.
  •   BugFix - Incorrect docking in multi-monitor setup when Secondary display
  •             is position to the left or top of Primary display.
  •   BugFix - Band Activity Display showing regardless of enabled setting.
  •   BugFix - When logging is disabled, B4 log being called in error.
  •   BugFix - ADIF Log Band field missing "m"
Please post questions to the Ham-Apps Yahoo Group.
Please don't reply to this message with your questions.

de Laurie, VK3AMA





locked JT-Alert 1.5.2

BuDJie
 

Hi Laurie....when trying to load the JT-Alert_Sounds1.0.0_Setup.exe
file after removing the older sound and callsign database files
in Wine ...i get the following message

A more recent version of [ProductName} is already installed on this computer

i have been thru the .wine dir and deleted all JT-Alert files and then still get the same message

73 David VK4BDJ

221 - 240 of 38468