Date   

locked Re: TQSL error message on DXKeeper startup

Craig
 

Excellent.  Thanks Russ for letting me know that I am not alone on this one.  If you have further updates, please let me know.  73, Craig

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 3:53 PM Russ Ravella via groups.io <rus5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Craig,

I got this error message too about 1/2 hour ago.  It’s probably something on LoTW’s end.

73 Russ KR6W


On May 12, 2021, at 12:37 PM, Craig <NZ4CWcraig@...> wrote:

Additional info:

From Windows:
 - C:\DXLab\Launcher>"C:Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe" -n  2>"C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\LoTWNews.txt"

DXKeeper: Updates from LoTW (Pop-up Window)
- TQSL is unable to contact LoTW



On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 3:16 PM Craig via groups.io <NZ4CWcraig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
When Starting the DXLab Suite from DXLauncher, a DXKeeper error message (which I believe is originating from LOTW) indicates that TQSL cannot connect with LOTW, but in fact I can submit and download LOTW transactions without any issues.  All of the TQSL info / updates are current.  Seems like a app startup timing issue, but I need some help in figuring this out.




locked Re: TQSL error message on DXKeeper startup

Michael Black
 

Make sure you have your LOTW config set up correctly.

Mike W9MDB

Inline image





On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 02:49:04 PM CDT, Craig <nz4cwcraig@...> wrote:


Additional info:

From Windows:
 - C:\DXLab\Launcher>"C:Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe" -n  2>"C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\LoTWNews.txt"

DXKeeper: Updates from LoTW (Pop-up Window)
- TQSL is unable to contact LoTW



On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 3:16 PM Craig via groups.io <NZ4CWcraig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
When Starting the DXLab Suite from DXLauncher, a DXKeeper error message (which I believe is originating from LOTW) indicates that TQSL cannot connect with LOTW, but in fact I can submit and download LOTW transactions without any issues.  All of the TQSL info / updates are current.  Seems like a app startup timing issue, but I need some help in figuring this out.


locked Re: TQSL error message on DXKeeper startup

Russ Ravella
 

Hi Craig,

I got this error message too about 1/2 hour ago.  It’s probably something on LoTW’s end.

73 Russ KR6W


On May 12, 2021, at 12:37 PM, Craig <NZ4CWcraig@...> wrote:

Additional info:

From Windows:
 - C:\DXLab\Launcher>"C:Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe" -n  2>"C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\LoTWNews.txt"

DXKeeper: Updates from LoTW (Pop-up Window)
- TQSL is unable to contact LoTW



On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 3:16 PM Craig via groups.io <NZ4CWcraig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
When Starting the DXLab Suite from DXLauncher, a DXKeeper error message (which I believe is originating from LOTW) indicates that TQSL cannot connect with LOTW, but in fact I can submit and download LOTW transactions without any issues.  All of the TQSL info / updates are current.  Seems like a app startup timing issue, but I need some help in figuring this out.




locked Re: TQSL error message on DXKeeper startup

Craig
 

Additional info:

From Windows:
 - C:\DXLab\Launcher>"C:Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe" -n  2>"C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\LoTWNews.txt"

DXKeeper: Updates from LoTW (Pop-up Window)
- TQSL is unable to contact LoTW



On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 3:16 PM Craig via groups.io <NZ4CWcraig=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
When Starting the DXLab Suite from DXLauncher, a DXKeeper error message (which I believe is originating from LOTW) indicates that TQSL cannot connect with LOTW, but in fact I can submit and download LOTW transactions without any issues.  All of the TQSL info / updates are current.  Seems like a app startup timing issue, but I need some help in figuring this out.


locked TQSL error message on DXKeeper startup

Craig
 

When Starting the DXLab Suite from DXLauncher, a DXKeeper error message (which I believe is originating from LOTW) indicates that TQSL cannot connect with LOTW, but in fact I can submit and download LOTW transactions without any issues.  All of the TQSL info / updates are current.  Seems like a app startup timing issue, but I need some help in figuring this out.


locked Re: JTAlert Issue

rob neff
 

Neil, only apps running are HRD, HRD Logbook, WSJTX 2.4.0 RC4 and JTAlert 2.50.1 and Dimension 4. 

I will wait for a response from Laurie but for now it’s working with admin. 

Rob KW2E




On May 12, 2021, at 10:19 AM, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:



Rob,

you should NOT be running JTAlert with 'Administrator' privileges, it should not be necessary..    If you sent a report request, Laurie will respond directly, but I suspect he'll tell you the same thing as the program is not written to need such privileges.     Do you have any other ham-related programs running as such?  

 

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Re: JTAlert Issue

neil_zampella
 

Rob,

you should NOT be running JTAlert with 'Administrator' privileges, it should not be necessary..    If you sent a report request, Laurie will respond directly, but I suspect he'll tell you the same thing as the program is not written to need such privileges.     Do you have any other ham-related programs running as such?  

 

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Re: updating computer

deni
 

Thanks Mike,
Sure looks easy enough
deni - wb0tax

On 5/12/2021 9:18 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Help/FAQ

Mike W9MDB







On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:59:16 AM CDT, deni <deni@...> wrote:


Hello All.

I am very soon upgrading my computer used for radio collective of
programs.  I need to know specifically which files I need to move over
from old to new so the changeover is painless.
Thanks
deni, WBØTAX







locked Re: updating computer

Michael Black
 

Help/FAQ

Mike W9MDB
Inline image






On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:59:16 AM CDT, deni <deni@...> wrote:


Hello All.

I am very soon upgrading my computer used for radio collective of
programs.  I need to know specifically which files I need to move over
from old to new so the changeover is painless.
Thanks
deni, WBØTAX






locked updating computer

deni
 

Hello All.

I am very soon upgrading my computer used for radio collective of programs.  I need to know specifically which files I need to move over from old to new so the changeover is painless.
Thanks
deni, WBØTAX


locked Re: JTAlert Issue

rob neff
 

Okay, I tried running the shortcut on the desktop as Admin and it runs now. I will make that permanent.

Sorry for the trouble.

Rob KW2E

On May 11, 2021, at 7:50 PM, rob neff via groups.io <rob=houseofneff.com@groups.io> wrote:


Hey all,

I sent a support request through the app so I apologize if this is a duplicate for some. However I have more information based on Laurie’s response about the jtalertv2.manager module.

The issue is that under my windows 10 profile, which is the profile the app was installed under, JTAlert 2.50.1 runs fine. When I sign out and sign in as my wife the app will display but I get no call sign window, it does not read the band I am on and will eventually error out saying it cannot talk to wsjtx on the ip and port (which is correct according to the ini file). Reinstalling the app, rebooting, nothing helped. Even the program updates option in manage settings says error downloading data until I click check for updates.

Then a few moments ago I saw Laurie’s reply about jtalertv2.manager doing a number of those functions so I signed in as my wife and sure enough, that app is not running. On my profile I see a CMD instance as well as the manager app but on her profile, nothing. Attempting to run the manager executable just immediately closes. Executing it from a command prompt says it is expecting -I, init string.

Is there something I can do at this point to troubleshoot further? I don’t see anything strange in the debug log files.

Thanks,

Rob KW2E





locked JTAlert Issue

rob neff
 

Hey all,

I sent a support request through the app so I apologize if this is a duplicate for some. However I have more information based on Laurie’s response about the jtalertv2.manager module.

The issue is that under my windows 10 profile, which is the profile the app was installed under, JTAlert 2.50.1 runs fine. When I sign out and sign in as my wife the app will display but I get no call sign window, it does not read the band I am on and will eventually error out saying it cannot talk to wsjtx on the ip and port (which is correct according to the ini file). Reinstalling the app, rebooting, nothing helped. Even the program updates option in manage settings says error downloading data until I click check for updates.

Then a few moments ago I saw Laurie’s reply about jtalertv2.manager doing a number of those functions so I signed in as my wife and sure enough, that app is not running. On my profile I see a CMD instance as well as the manager app but on her profile, nothing. Attempting to run the manager executable just immediately closes. Executing it from a command prompt says it is expecting -I, init string.

Is there something I can do at this point to troubleshoot further? I don’t see anything strange in the debug log files.

Thanks,

Rob KW2E


locked Version 2.13.10 functions, mostly -

W Ramsey <km4jok@...>
 

I greatly appreciate Laurie’s hard work and effort making JTAlert a valuable tool to many of us. 

 

However, JTAlert versions 2.50.1, 2.50.0, 2.16.17 and 2.16.16 will not run on my two Windows 10 x64 computers – they just crash with error messages. 

 

I’ve requested help on this group, but the input I received has not resolved my issue.  No, the cause is NOT Windows Defender.  So I’ll no longer waste any more of my valuable time trying to make the latest version(s) functional.

 

I’m delighted to say that Version 2.13.10 functions fabulously on both my computers with one exception, there’s no data (blank) in the Band Activity Display, it just says “pending”.   I’m okay with this because I ONLY use JTAlert to post WSTJ-X QSOs to ACLog which v2.13.10 does magnificently.   If WSTJ-X would build an QSO interface to ACLog I wouldn’t need to use JTAlert at all.

 

73s

William

 

 

 

 


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K
 

Okay, got JTALERT running normally along with Malwarebytes.  I deleted Malwarebytes and got everything working with HRD, WSJT-X and JTALERT.  Then I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it.  It found all the JTALERT instances and I told the program to always ignore them.  I closed everything down, rebooted and lit everything up again.

Malwarebytes has saved my butt several times when my Norton Antivirus did not find an offender.  So, if it stays running I will keep Malwarebytes.

Thanks much for the help Laurie. 
Steve - AD4K

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 8:21 PM Steve Roth - AD4K via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Okay, I deleted MalwareBytes and got the program working as usual.  Funny, this is the first time that I had this problem EVER with old and new JTALERT programs.  I got JTALERT program mostly running by telling MalwareBytes to ignore the entire HamApps folder in the Program Files (X86) directory but it did not load the large, new decode window.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  It really stumped me.  Windows updates always cause something to change but this was new this time.

I will be able to figure it out eventually now that I have the program running as it was.  If I figure it out I will let you know.

Again, thanks for the help.  Regards, Steve AD4K

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 8:03 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 12/05/2021 9:55 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
Okay, things getting worse.  Now the old style decode window is not working.

Since you had a Windows update, the simplest fault-resolution task you can perform is a Windows restart. If that doesn't resolve your newly experienced issues then move onto managing your PC Protection software and allowing it to permit JTAlert (and its child processes) to run without interference.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K
 

Okay, I deleted MalwareBytes and got the program working as usual.  Funny, this is the first time that I had this problem EVER with old and new JTALERT programs.  I got JTALERT program mostly running by telling MalwareBytes to ignore the entire HamApps folder in the Program Files (X86) directory but it did not load the large, new decode window.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  It really stumped me.  Windows updates always cause something to change but this was new this time.

I will be able to figure it out eventually now that I have the program running as it was.  If I figure it out I will let you know.

Again, thanks for the help.  Regards, Steve AD4K


On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 8:03 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 12/05/2021 9:55 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
Okay, things getting worse.  Now the old style decode window is not working.

Since you had a Windows update, the simplest fault-resolution task you can perform is a Windows restart. If that doesn't resolve your newly experienced issues then move onto managing your PC Protection software and allowing it to permit JTAlert (and its child processes) to run without interference.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 12/05/2021 9:55 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
Okay, things getting worse.  Now the old style decode window is not working.

Since you had a Windows update, the simplest fault-resolution task you can perform is a Windows restart. If that doesn't resolve your newly experienced issues then move onto managing your PC Protection software and allowing it to permit JTAlert (and its child processes) to run without interference.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K
 

I could bring up the help windos but it will not close.  I am gonna delete the MalwareBytes program and start over.  Will advise.  Thanks

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 7:57 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 12/05/2021 9:32 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
I did a Windows 10 update today.  When running JTALERT my Malware blocker quarantined the JTALERT.EXE file.  I gave the blocker permission to ignore the entire Hamapps folder.

After that, I brought up my rig, then HRD, the WSJT-X the JTALERT.  WSJT-X is working as it should.   JTALERT came up normally but the new style window showing the callsign blocks won't come up.  This is the first difficulty I have had with the new updated JTALERT program.

Windows update usually make be make some adjustments but this one has me stymied. 

Any suggestions?

Steve  AD4K

If the new Callsigns window is not showing, the likely culprit is your PC Protection software interfering with the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. All the new 2.50.0 introduced windows are controlled by that Manager process.

Are you able to bring up the "Help -> About" window from the main JTAlert window? If not that too is also controlled by the Manager process.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 12/05/2021 9:32 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
I did a Windows 10 update today.  When running JTALERT my Malware blocker quarantined the JTALERT.EXE file.  I gave the blocker permission to ignore the entire Hamapps folder.

After that, I brought up my rig, then HRD, the WSJT-X the JTALERT.  WSJT-X is working as it should.   JTALERT came up normally but the new style window showing the callsign blocks won't come up.  This is the first difficulty I have had with the new updated JTALERT program.

Windows update usually make be make some adjustments but this one has me stymied. 

Any suggestions?

Steve  AD4K

If the new Callsigns window is not showing, the likely culprit is your PC Protection software interfering with the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. All the new 2.50.0 introduced windows are controlled by that Manager process.

Are you able to bring up the "Help -> About" window from the main JTAlert window? If not that too is also controlled by the Manager process.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K
 

Okay, things getting worse.  Now the old style decode window is not working.


locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K
 

Oh, found that the old version of the "callsign blocks" window is running and not the new style.  Strange.

2101 - 2120 of 36897