Date   

locked Re: Q65 decodes not showing

Jamie GOLLY
 

In WSJT-X/General tab, do you have enable VHF/UHF checked?

Jamie
K6NGN 



On Apr 15, 2021, at 8:44 AM, Seb <w4as@...> wrote:

I’m still not seeing any Q65 calls being displayed either in the Decodes or Callsigns windows.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Fixes:

    - Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign display and
       decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.


locked Re: Congrats and Thank you

Dev Null
 

I have been running JTAlert for three years now also, and I have never, ever had a problem that was not solved by reading the EXTREMELY well-written release notes and help screens. Bravo!


locked Congrats and Thank you

Kevin Utzy
 

Laurie,

I have been using JTAlert since pre-FT8 days.  I have seen you go through the demands that FT8 put on the software - which wasn't on your radar back then and how you reacted and kept up with the new mode and improved it.

How many years have your said "it will be in the new version 2 of JTAlert sometime next year"?  At least four years I think if not more.  But those plans always got derailed because of FT8 and then FT4, now even more modes.  

So you finally got V2 out all the while maintaining the previous versions and problems.  Congratulations.

And thank you for your contribution to the amateur radio community.  I know (based on a lot of messages seen over the year) that some people have commercial expectations from free software.  This has been you labor for the good of us all.  I know myself and many, many others and I wanted give you and many others our recognition and appreciation for your contribution to the community.

73,
Kevin
KX4KU


locked .NET 5 Desktop Runtime Download

KI0KK - Greg Wolfe
 

I ran the FrameworkCheck.exe test for the .NET 5 App and got the message that I needed to install .NET 5. I selected the option to download the APP and got a strange looking web page with no options for downloading anything? I get the same results by going to the .NET 5 link from the Ham Apps web page. I have attached a screen shot of the web page display.

I am running WIN10 Home OS.

Greg
KI0KK


locked Re: Mini-JTAlert Tool Bar

Jim N6VH
 

On 4/15/2021 7:51 AM, Thomas Webb wrote:
Is there a way to not have the 'mini-tool bar' not pop up when opening JTAlert 2.5?  It's doesn't present a problem, but it's one more thing to shut down when exiting the program.

Tom WA9AFM
Tom,

What is the "mini-tool bar" you are referring to?

73,

Jim N6VH


locked Q65 decodes not showing

Seb
 

I’m still not seeing any Q65 calls being displayed either in the Decodes or Callsigns windows.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS


Fixes:

    - Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign display and
       decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.


locked Re: Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?

Jim Reisert AD1C
 

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:49 AM Dave Garber VE3WEJ / VE3IE wrote:

not sure if part of your answer, it seems by your image that an alert came up because he is sending a different grid square than you say you logged..

Dave, I don't believe that grid squares factor into the Callsign Alert decision.  It should be an all-or-nothing decision based solely on the callsign.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


locked Mini-JTAlert Tool Bar

Thomas Webb
 

Is there a way to not have the 'mini-tool bar' not pop up when opening JTAlert 2.5?  It's doesn't present a problem, but it's one more thing to shut down when exiting the program.

Tom WA9AFM


locked Messaging Window, feature request

Willi Passmann
 

Hello Laurie,

what do you think about some memories for the Messaging Window?
It would be handy for standard phrases like "please wait, I'll call you
next".

Would be a nice feature, especially in combination with the new callsign
window that can display several stations that are replying to a cq call.

Thanks for all your work!

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ


locked Re: Access newest Help file prior to installation?

neil_zampella
 

You CAN install v2.50 to a different directory and not mess up the earlier version.   Then you can review the help file.

However, the Release Notes have most of the main changes listed, if not all.

 

What do you want to know exactly?

 

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Re: JTAlert Will Not Install

Ed Wilson
 

Laurie,

You gave me this link for the Framework check:


Does this check only work for 64-bit Windows 10? As I mentioned in a previous post, it will not run on my PC.

Ed, K0KC


locked .net.50 download

Jim Cary
 

Laurie,

When I download the .NET.50, all I get is a screen with a bunch of labels on the left, but nothing to execute.  Please see the attached screen shot.  What am I doing wrong?

Jim


locked Re: JTAlert Will Not Install

Dave Garber
 

did not see previous message, but maybe he gave you a link to a 64 bit version??


and I assume you are referring to the net 5.0.5 ?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 6:31 AM Ed Wilson via groups.io <ed.wilson=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the link, Laurie!

Well, I downloaded the software and ran it and got the message:

"This app cannot run on  your PC".

I am running 32-bit Windows 10 updated to the most recent version. Do you have any clue as to why I am having this problem?

Ed, K0KC


locked Re: Band Heat F12

f8nhf
 

Thanks Willi

I wasn't getting the right help ......HIHI
 problem solved

73 Denis F8NHF


locked Re: Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?

Dave Garber
 

not sure if part of your answer, it seems by your image that an alert came up because he is sending a different grid square than you say you logged..
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:41 AM Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@...> wrote:
Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


locked Re: Band Heat F12

Willi Passmann
 

To move the window, hold the shift key down click anywhere in the window with the left mouse button and keeping the mouse button pressed drag the window to the new position.
(help file, second paragraph of the "Band Heat Window" topic.)

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ


Am 15.04.2021 um 10:47 schrieb f8nhf:

Thank you for your answer
the problem is that I can't move this window to another screen on the same PC, I must be missing something 
 
73 Denis F8NHF



locked Re: Band Heat F12

f8nhf
 

Thank you for your answer
the problem is that I can't move this window to another screen on the same PC, I must be missing something 
 
73 Denis F8NHF


locked Re: Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?

Jim Reisert AD1C
 

Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


locked Re: F5 Message Fonts

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 3:15 pm, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Overall, v 2.50.0 appears to be working perfectly.  However, I got a message today and the white on blue bubble is very hard to read - would be great to be able to customize those colors as well.  I tried to increase the font, but the dialog box and some of the F5 window fonts increased, but the message box did not follow as well.  Increasing the font to 150% only made a minor change in the blue balloon, not near enough for those of us with aging eyes.  
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Colors are fully user-customizable. The great thing about the new windows, all color changes will be observed in real-time as you adjust. Look in the Options popup for that window.

Regarding the scaling, something is not right. The scaling is occurring, but the message  bubbles are not obeying the commands at the same rate as the rest of the window. It should be an easy fix, I hope.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Band Heat F12

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 15/04/2021 2:58 pm, f8nhf wrote:
the Band Heat F12 window remains blocked at the top left   
of the screen no way to move it on the screen with JTAlert
I work with 3 screens, 1 is the main one, it's on 1 that the Band Heat window is blocked while JTAlert is on screen 3
 Do you have an idea ?

73 Denis F8NHF

Its discussed in the help file. Second paragraph of the "Band Heat Window" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

2961 - 2980 of 36990