Date   

locked Re: LOTW data is often wrong

Michael Black
 

Just one example of a wrong one?  Namely one that's NOT LOTW being marked as such?

Mike W9MDB




On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 02:07:41 PM CST, Torsten - DL9GTB <torsten-ernst@...> wrote:


Stations with LOTW membership are often marked even though they are not registered with LOTW, or vice versa. I see this repeatedly and have been doing so for a long time. Now I noticed that in particular because I was running the grid tracker at the same time and can quickly recognize the different data. I will continue to observe this and note a few examples.

73 de Torsten - DL9GTB


locked Re: Reporting -> UDP Server

JoAnn Donaldson <joannplano2005@...>
 

Jon,
   I use he UDP connectivity along with a Python Script to log contacts to N3FJP ACLog. When the popup comes up when you either get or send a RR73 and you click the Log Button, a ADIF packet is broadcasted over the UDP port. The Python Script sees this broadcast, captures it, creates the required N3FJP API commands, and then sends it to ACLog, which logs the contact. Even JTDX does the same thing.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 1:55:58 PM CST, Jon Gefaell <jon@...> wrote:


I'm trying to figure out exactly what specific behavior is provoked by these options, and why someone might use them. I did a search here and found no matches.

They seem 'obvious' on one hand., but the devil is always in the details. The documentation doesn't mention these options, unfortunately.

I had thought that "Notify on accepted UDP request" causes a dialogue to pop up that indicates a UDP request was accepted. Empirical testing seems to show this is not true. So, I assume the notification is happening between the software endpoints? What does this do, why would I want to use it, and why not? 
As for 'Accepted UDP request restores window' I have to imagine what window? And why would the window be minimized? I presume 'restores window' means that the window has been minimized? Why? What does this behavior offer a user? Or is this not an on-screen window, but perhaps some internal data element? 

At this point, I cannot detect any behavioral change with either on, or off. I'd sleep better knowing. Thanks! 

Thanks again!
 
 
 
 
8 Comments
Like
 
Comment
 


locked Re: LOTW data is often wrong

Torsten - DL9GTB
 

Stations with LOTW membership are often marked even though they are not registered with LOTW, or vice versa. I see this repeatedly and have been doing so for a long time. Now I noticed that in particular because I was running the grid tracker at the same time and can quickly recognize the different data. I will continue to observe this and note a few examples.

73 de Torsten - DL9GTB


locked Reporting -> UDP Server

Jon Gefaell
 
Edited

*** Sorry, posted to the wrong group! ***
 
I'm trying to figure out exactly what specific behavior is provoked by these options, and why someone might use them. I did a search here and found no matches.

They seem 'obvious' on one hand., but the devil is always in the details. The documentation doesn't mention these options, unfortunately.

I had thought that "Notify on accepted UDP request" causes a dialogue to pop up that indicates a UDP request was accepted. Empirical testing seems to show this is not true. So, I assume the notification is happening between the software endpoints? What does this do, why would I want to use it, and why not? 
As for 'Accepted UDP request restores window' I have to imagine what window? And why would the window be minimized? I presume 'restores window' means that the window has been minimized? Why? What does this behavior offer a user? Or is this not an on-screen window, but perhaps some internal data element? 

At this point, I cannot detect any behavioral change with either on, or off. I'd sleep better knowing. Thanks! 

Thanks again!
 


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Michael Black
 

Still no ADIF file.




On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 10:43:39 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:29 AM
To: support@hamapps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

The file that you are uploading that you say doesn't work.

You need to attach the log.adi file to the email.

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 06:44:15 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

????

 

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Please attach your ADIF file to an email.

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 03:17:10 PM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

--

Rick Wyrwas

 


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Rick Wyrwas
 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:29 AM
To: support@hamapps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

The file that you are uploading that you say doesn't work.

You need to attach the log.adi file to the email.

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 06:44:15 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

????

 

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Please attach your ADIF file to an email.

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 03:17:10 PM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

--

Rick Wyrwas

 


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Michael Black
 

The file that you are uploading that you say doesn't work.
You need to attach the log.adi file to the email.

Mike W9MDB




On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 06:44:15 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


????

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Please attach your ADIF file to an email.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 03:17:10 PM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

--
Rick Wyrwas


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Rick Wyrwas
 

????

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 5:55 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Please attach your ADIF file to an email.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 03:17:10 PM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

--
Rick Wyrwas


locked Greyed menus

Paul F6EXV
 

Hi all
Thanks to various people (VK3AMA, MM0HVU, W9MDB) I have managed to configure 2 sessions of Log4OM + JTDX + JTalert to work simultaneously.
These two sessions are for different callsigns, on one single rig (Flex 6500).
So I can have both open at the same time, and go from one callsign to the other in no time at all, which is what I wanted to obtain.

The only thing that still does not work properly is that, on the second JTAlert that I launch, most of the setting menus are greyed out.
It is always the second one launched that has this problem.
I have created the shortcuts in accordance with the manual.

Any idea if this can be solved ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Log4OM version 2.9.0.0, JTDX version 2.2.0-rc152, JTAlert version 2.16.15

--
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Michael Black
 

Please attach your ADIF file to an email.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 03:17:10 PM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Rick Wyrwas
 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Rick Wyrwas
 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] ADIF file will not ..

 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

 

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

 

Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

 

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:

 

 

ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 


locked Re: Erroneous error message !

Paul F6EXV
 

Hi Mike
Thank you for replying so quickly.
You are faster than your shadow !

Actually, the E is where I backup the log, so now I realize both really must the same path.
Once that corrected, of course everything works fine !
MANY thanks ! keep up the good work
73 and stay safe
Paul F6EXV

Le 17/11/2020 à 20:07, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
Those are two completely different paths.

E:\F4KMA.Sqlite

and
C:\Users\Utilisateur\Desktop\F4KMA\F4KMA.Sqlite

Change one of them to whichever file is best...which I expect is the one on the C: drive as that's the one Log4OM is using.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 01:04:06 PM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Here they are

Le 17/11/2020 à 16:08, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
Send a screen shot of your JTAlert Log4OM settings and the lower right corner of Log4OM.

Mike




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 08:39:38 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I do want Log4OM to log my JTDX QSOs, and it does. But even thouygh the QSO is logged, I get an error message saying it was not...
You mean JTAlert pointing to the right file... Actually, it does, the test is passed without any issue.
I did turn off the Last QSO API, no change = I still get the wrong error message. So the last QSO API is not the source of the problem...
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 17/11/2020 à 14:09, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
I take it you just want Log4OM logging, right?

Turn off the "Last QSO API".  You don't need it.

It sounds like you don't have the Log4OM SQLite Log pointing to the correct file.  Should be the same path you see in the lower right corner of Log4OM.
Mike W9MDB









On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 02:41:09 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi all
No reply to this... Anyone with any idea ?
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 15/11/2020 à 23:13, Paul F6EXV a écrit :
> Hi all
> Strange behaviour...
> Using Log4OM latest version, JTDX v2.2.0-rc152 and JTAlert 2.16.15 on
> Windows 10.
> I am getting the attached error message when logging a QSO onto Log4OM.
> But the QSO is indeed logged...
>
> I have :
> Enable transmission of last QSO ticked, on port 2333 in the "Last QSO
> API" setup
> Enable Standard ADIF file logging unticked in the Standard ADIF file
> setup
> Enable Log4OM V2 logging tocked, UDP connections on IP 127.0.0.1 on
> ADIF message port #2236
> When I ask JTAlert to show Log Fields, the screen expands, but remains
> grey.
> The headline says "JTAlert 2.16.15 F6EXV {80m,FT8,LogV2,#1}
>
> If I untick "Enable Log4OM Logging", then I do not have access to
> "View log fields", and the expanded grey screen disappears, and the
> header will now show "NO LOG".
>  And the QSO IS logged onto Log4OM, without any success message....
>
> 1/ How can I get access to the log fields below the display lines ?
> 2/ The "NO LOG" indication makes reference to which log ?
> 3/ How do I get a logging success message ?
>
> Thanks + 73
> Paul F6EXV
>


--
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.







Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com



locked Re: Erroneous error message !

Michael Black
 

Those are two completely different paths.

E:\F4KMA.Sqlite

and
C:\Users\Utilisateur\Desktop\F4KMA\F4KMA.Sqlite

Change one of them to whichever file is best...which I expect is the one on the C: drive as that's the one Log4OM is using.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 01:04:06 PM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Here they are

Le 17/11/2020 à 16:08, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
Send a screen shot of your JTAlert Log4OM settings and the lower right corner of Log4OM.

Mike




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 08:39:38 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I do want Log4OM to log my JTDX QSOs, and it does. But even thouygh the QSO is logged, I get an error message saying it was not...
You mean JTAlert pointing to the right file... Actually, it does, the test is passed without any issue.
I did turn off the Last QSO API, no change = I still get the wrong error message. So the last QSO API is not the source of the problem...
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 17/11/2020 à 14:09, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
I take it you just want Log4OM logging, right?

Turn off the "Last QSO API".  You don't need it.

It sounds like you don't have the Log4OM SQLite Log pointing to the correct file.  Should be the same path you see in the lower right corner of Log4OM.
Mike W9MDB









On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 02:41:09 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi all
No reply to this... Anyone with any idea ?
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 15/11/2020 à 23:13, Paul F6EXV a écrit :
> Hi all
> Strange behaviour...
> Using Log4OM latest version, JTDX v2.2.0-rc152 and JTAlert 2.16.15 on
> Windows 10.
> I am getting the attached error message when logging a QSO onto Log4OM.
> But the QSO is indeed logged...
>
> I have :
> Enable transmission of last QSO ticked, on port 2333 in the "Last QSO
> API" setup
> Enable Standard ADIF file logging unticked in the Standard ADIF file
> setup
> Enable Log4OM V2 logging tocked, UDP connections on IP 127.0.0.1 on
> ADIF message port #2236
> When I ask JTAlert to show Log Fields, the screen expands, but remains
> grey.
> The headline says "JTAlert 2.16.15 F6EXV {80m,FT8,LogV2,#1}
>
> If I untick "Enable Log4OM Logging", then I do not have access to
> "View log fields", and the expanded grey screen disappears, and the
> header will now show "NO LOG".
>  And the QSO IS logged onto Log4OM, without any success message....
>
> 1/ How can I get access to the log fields below the display lines ?
> 2/ The "NO LOG" indication makes reference to which log ?
> 3/ How do I get a logging success message ?
>
> Thanks + 73
> Paul F6EXV
>


--
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.







Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com


locked Re: Erroneous error message !

Paul F6EXV
 

Here they are

Le 17/11/2020 à 16:08, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
Send a screen shot of your JTAlert Log4OM settings and the lower right corner of Log4OM.

Mike




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 08:39:38 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I do want Log4OM to log my JTDX QSOs, and it does. But even thouygh the QSO is logged, I get an error message saying it was not...
You mean JTAlert pointing to the right file... Actually, it does, the test is passed without any issue.
I did turn off the Last QSO API, no change = I still get the wrong error message. So the last QSO API is not the source of the problem...
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 17/11/2020 à 14:09, Michael Black via groups.io a écrit :
I take it you just want Log4OM logging, right?

Turn off the "Last QSO API".  You don't need it.

It sounds like you don't have the Log4OM SQLite Log pointing to the correct file.  Should be the same path you see in the lower right corner of Log4OM.
Mike W9MDB









On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 02:41:09 AM CST, Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:


Hi all
No reply to this... Anyone with any idea ?
73
Paul F6EXV

Le 15/11/2020 à 23:13, Paul F6EXV a écrit :
> Hi all
> Strange behaviour...
> Using Log4OM latest version, JTDX v2.2.0-rc152 and JTAlert 2.16.15 on
> Windows 10.
> I am getting the attached error message when logging a QSO onto Log4OM.
> But the QSO is indeed logged...
>
> I have :
> Enable transmission of last QSO ticked, on port 2333 in the "Last QSO
> API" setup
> Enable Standard ADIF file logging unticked in the Standard ADIF file
> setup
> Enable Log4OM V2 logging tocked, UDP connections on IP 127.0.0.1 on
> ADIF message port #2236
> When I ask JTAlert to show Log Fields, the screen expands, but remains
> grey.
> The headline says "JTAlert 2.16.15 F6EXV {80m,FT8,LogV2,#1}
>
> If I untick "Enable Log4OM Logging", then I do not have access to
> "View log fields", and the expanded grey screen disappears, and the
> header will now show "NO LOG".
>  And the QSO IS logged onto Log4OM, without any success message....
>
> 1/ How can I get access to the log fields below the display lines ?
> 2/ The "NO LOG" indication makes reference to which log ?
> 3/ How do I get a logging success message ?
>
> Thanks + 73
> Paul F6EXV
>


--
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.







Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Michael Black
 

I just created an  ADIF file from JTAlert and it uploaded with TQSL just fine and registered the QSO OK.

So if you're having problems maybe show us the ADIF file?

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:45:47 AM CST, Rick Wyrwas <rwyrwas48@...> wrote:


ADIF file will not decode nor upload to Tqsl

 

73

WA9JBQ

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


locked Re: LOTW data is often wrong

Ross Lambert
 

LOTW is only as good as the info it's given.  Often the times for the QSO that each operator, or their logging software,  provides will be different, especially if they are using FT-8 or other digital modes where the "completion" times may be very different  The times  may be minutes apart. 

Ross
W2TT


On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You're going to have to give some examples of what's "wrong".

LOTW doesn't use many fields.

Mike W9MDB



On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 11:17:39 AM CST, Torsten - DL9GTB <torsten-ernst@...> wrote:


Hi,

unfortunately for a long time I have had to find out again and again that the LOTW data is often incorrect or not up-to-date. How can I improve this?

73 de Torsten - DL9GTB


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

Michael Black
 

Actually is a question for JTAlert if it's the JTAlert ADIF file having problems.

Mike W9MDB


On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 11:35:18 AM CST, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:


That's a question for the LoTW group, has nothing to do with JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Re: ADIF file will not ..

neil_zampella
 

That's a question for the LoTW group, has nothing to do with JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ


locked Re: LOTW data is often wrong

Michael Black
 

You're going to have to give some examples of what's "wrong".

LOTW doesn't use many fields.

Mike W9MDB



On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 11:17:39 AM CST, Torsten - DL9GTB <torsten-ernst@...> wrote:


Hi,

unfortunately for a long time I have had to find out again and again that the LOTW data is often incorrect or not up-to-date. How can I improve this?

73 de Torsten - DL9GTB

5621 - 5640 of 37806