Date   

locked Re: Unable to start-up

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

Jim,

To avoid the JTMode selection window, which I am assuming is what is causing your crash, you need to start JTAlert using the correct command-line parameter, either "/wsjtx" or "/jtdx". This is why the JTAlert installer creates shortcuts which have those parameters already set. Starting the JTAlert.exe file directly will always present that window as the command-line parameter is missing.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 15/02/2020 8:54 am, Jim Sharp wrote:
Not sure how to get JTAlert working  since when I start up (have installed the latest version today (2.15.10) and with prior versions, I get an box requesting the sound card.
I select speakers/headphones (Realtek) and the box crashes with the only option to close out as it goes into "not responding" /close the program.

Please see attached 
_._,_._,_



locked Unable to start-up

Jim Sharp
 

Help please
 
Not sure how to get JTAlert working  since when I start up (have installed the latest version today (2.15.10) and with prior versions, I get an box requesting the sound card.
I select speakers/headphones (Realtek) and the box crashes with the only option to close out as it goes into "not responding" /close the program.

Please see attached 


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Monty Wilson
 

You can do a manual download from eQSL also to HRD.  On the HRD log window goto Logbook > File > eQSL.cc > download.  I do not see a way to download from QRZ….only upload.

 

Cheers

 

Monty Wilson, NR0A

jwilson16@...

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Hoffman
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 1:34 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Scan Log and Rebuild

 

Thanks Tom.

With your info, I was able to find out that my local HRD log does not automatically get confirmation updates from
any on-line logs.   I have to perform that task manually.   After downloading new updated info from LOTW, I now
have agreement with the Scan Log Results and what is shown on LOTW awards page  for DXCC and WAS.

I still have a number of confirmed QSOs on both eQSL and QRZ that are not LOTW users so there is nothing I
can do about that problem.


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

n4qwf .
 

If you have designated a log program for JTAlert to log to then it will scan that log based on the filters you have set. I have my system logging to DXKeeper. Once I log a stations using WSJT-X it is in DXKeeper. The JTAlert scan (when run) then updates my log display in JTAlert. 

73<<John

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:
Since I'm not getting answers, let me restate the question.

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Barry <boat.anchor@...>
 

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:34 AM, Charlie Hoffman wrote:
Thanks Tom.

With your info, I was able to find out that my local HRD log does not automatically get confirmation updates from
any on-line logs.   I have to perform that task manually.   After downloading new updated info from LOTW, I now
have agreement with the Scan Log Results and what is shown on LOTW awards page  for DXCC and WAS.

I still have a number of confirmed QSOs on both eQSL and QRZ that are not LOTW users so there is nothing I
can do about that problem.
Charlie
Download your eQSL confirmations also.
Barry


locked Re: Hamapp

John Profita
 

Thank you, it is working now. Much appreciated

Tnx, John
ND1X


On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:43 AM Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Log4OM has nothing to do with JTAlert starting.

It's just the JTDX has to be running before JTAlert will start.

So make sure JTDX is started first.




On Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:26:54 AM CST, John Profita <jwpjjj@...> wrote:


Laurie, that is exactly what I am seeing on the screen. So if I run LOG4OM do I need to install into it?  Or does log4om pick it up automatically?  Which IMHO it doesn't'

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/02/2020 12:38 pm, John Profita wrote:
the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here. 

That is not any message JTAlert displays. I assume what your seeing is the same as this image, no mention of downloading.

   

This message is shown because JTDX needs to be running before JTAlert can continue its startup process.
You just need to start JTDX and JTAlert will then continue.

If this is not the window your seeing, please post a screen-capture of the window (please, no images of your entire desktop, just the window, and no cell phone images)

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Charlie Hoffman
 

Thanks Tom.

With your info, I was able to find out that my local HRD log does not automatically get confirmation updates from
any on-line logs.   I have to perform that task manually.   After downloading new updated info from LOTW, I now
have agreement with the Scan Log Results and what is shown on LOTW awards page  for DXCC and WAS.

I still have a number of confirmed QSOs on both eQSL and QRZ that are not LOTW users so there is nothing I
can do about that problem.


locked FT4 Support #HRD

WarrenG KC0GU
 

I have been able to use the work around to get HRD to log FT contacts but it looks like JT-Alert Scan log and Rebuild does not support FT4.  It works fine on FT8 but is not removing the check marks from wanted States for WAS.  Is that by choice or an error?

Laurie thank you so much for this great resource to work Digital modes, I love it!!!!

Warren
KC0GU


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Tom Melvin
 

Your LOCAL logger - so in your case your HRD - not the on-line version

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)





On 14 Feb 2020, at 15:33, Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:

Since I'm not getting answers, let me restate the question.

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?


locked Re: Bitdefender

John
 

Hi Fred,

I used to use AVAST for many years, it got to a point where I got fed-up with
the constant upgrade for this much money, then when you did, they would try to
up sell you some more, Avast never was like that in the beginning, the software
was developed by a guy who lived on the old commerce canals in a narrow boat in
the UK. Another story where the money spoils the concept.

Anyway, I uninstalled Avast to try Windows Defender, haven't looked back.

John

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Fred <fmoeves@...>
Date: February 14, 2020 at 8:40 AM


Thanks John for the info.
Well it might come to that..

But I have been using Bitdefender for a long time.
It works and sometimes to good.

I did finally get a it to work but only last for a while.

So here's what I did.
I told it to restore all the files.
Then JTAlert was able to run.

I ran it for abt an hour.
Then it grabbed the files again.

I contacted Bitdefender support and sent them the files using their file
archive app.

So they will be able to put that into new versions on the software.
I hope that makes sense...and works..

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH



locked Re: Hamapp

Michael Black
 

Log4OM has nothing to do with JTAlert starting.

It's just the JTDX has to be running before JTAlert will start.

So make sure JTDX is started first.




On Friday, February 14, 2020, 09:26:54 AM CST, John Profita <jwpjjj@...> wrote:


Laurie, that is exactly what I am seeing on the screen. So if I run LOG4OM do I need to install into it?  Or does log4om pick it up automatically?  Which IMHO it doesn't'

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/02/2020 12:38 pm, John Profita wrote:
the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here. 

That is not any message JTAlert displays. I assume what your seeing is the same as this image, no mention of downloading.

   

This message is shown because JTDX needs to be running before JTAlert can continue its startup process.
You just need to start JTDX and JTAlert will then continue.

If this is not the window your seeing, please post a screen-capture of the window (please, no images of your entire desktop, just the window, and no cell phone images)

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Brian (N2MLP)
 

Your logging software

 

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

 

 

========================

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Charlie Hoffman
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 10:34 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Scan Log and Rebuild

 

Since I'm not getting answers, let me restate the question.

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?


locked Re: Scan Log and Rebuild

Charlie Hoffman
 

Since I'm not getting answers, let me restate the question.

When I run a "Scan Log and Rebuild", what log is the source of the confirmed QSL information?


locked Re: Hamapp

John Profita
 

Laurie, that is exactly what I am seeing on the screen. So if I run LOG4OM do I need to install into it?  Or does log4om pick it up automatically?  Which IMHO it doesn't'

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 14/02/2020 12:38 pm, John Profita wrote:
the message says trying to download because Jtdx is not loaded? I’m guessing, being I have Log4OM, the jtdx and jtalert etc. gets loaded onto Log4OM? Please give if it looks like I am lost here. 

That is not any message JTAlert displays. I assume what your seeing is the same as this image, no mention of downloading.

   

This message is shown because JTDX needs to be running before JTAlert can continue its startup process.
You just need to start JTDX and JTAlert will then continue.

If this is not the window your seeing, please post a screen-capture of the window (please, no images of your entire desktop, just the window, and no cell phone images)

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Bitdefender

Fred
 

Thanks John for the info.
Well it might come to that..

But I have been using Bitdefender for a long time.
It works and sometimes to good.

I did finally get a it to work but only last for a while.

So here's what I did.
I told it to restore all the files.
Then JTAlert was able to run.

I ran it for abt an hour.
Then it grabbed the files again.

I contacted Bitdefender support and sent them the files using their file archive app.

So they will be able to put that into new versions on the software.
I hope that makes sense...and works..

Thanks
Fred KB4QZH


locked Re: MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

chas cartmel
 

Mike,

On a totally separate issue outside of amateur radio I am also getting this error message (or similar). I will try your solution when I get back to my application.


73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

 

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: 14 February 2020 13:27
To: support@hamapps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

 

You may need the SSL libraries.  Install the Win32 Lite package from here (not the Win64 which is for 64-bit executables).

 

 

de MIke W9MDB

 

Win32/Win64 OpenSSL Installer for Windows - Shining Light Productions

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Friday, February 14, 2020, 02:36:00 AM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

 

 

On 14/02/2020 5:34 pm, Jbammi via Groups.Io wrote:

JTAlert 2.15.10
MySQL 8 (8.0.19 64 bit) on Win 10
Log4OM V2 (2.3.0.0)
WSJT-X v2.1.2

In Setting, i choose log4omV2 for logging with MySQL, the UDP setup and control port are fine, because QSOs are getting logged correctly in log4om v2

However i enter the credentials for MySQL (double and triple checked), and on hitting Test Connection I always get the following error


Test MySQL Server Connection : FAIL

ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

At the end of a QSO whilst logging it gives me  the QSO Log Failed dialog with:
LOG4OM V2 MySQL Unable to confirm QSO logged

Obviously because it is unable to connect to MySql.

Happy to help track this down.

73 de k1jbd
bammi


Bammi,

In all honesty, I didn't test the JTAlert Log4OMV2 MySQL code against an SSL enabled MySQL server (I need to set one up).

The problem may be in the MySQL code library being used by JTAlert, the connection string used, or the libmysql.dll client file.

I did upgrade the libmysql.dll file (v6.1.10) as part of the Log4OM2 support in JTAlert but that caused problems for JTAlert uses with out-dated or broken VC runtime libraries so I downgraded to the much older file (v5.1.37) used by JTAlert for many years. It may be simply that the libmysql.dll file doesn't support SSL connections.

I have sent you a direct email with a link to a more recent libmysql.dll file. Try replacing the file installed by JTAlert with the new file and let me know if that works (I am not hopeful however).

de Laurie VK3AMA


This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com


locked Re: MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Michael Black
 

You may need the SSL libraries.  Install the Win32 Lite package from here (not the Win64 which is for 64-bit executables).





On Friday, February 14, 2020, 02:36:00 AM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 14/02/2020 5:34 pm, Jbammi via Groups.Io wrote:
JTAlert 2.15.10
MySQL 8 (8.0.19 64 bit) on Win 10
Log4OM V2 (2.3.0.0)
WSJT-X v2.1.2

In Setting, i choose log4omV2 for logging with MySQL, the UDP setup and control port are fine, because QSOs are getting logged correctly in log4om v2

However i enter the credentials for MySQL (double and triple checked), and on hitting Test Connection I always get the following error

Test MySQL Server Connection : FAIL
ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

At the end of a QSO whilst logging it gives me  the QSO Log Failed dialog with:
LOG4OM V2 MySQL Unable to confirm QSO logged

Obviously because it is unable to connect to MySql.

Happy to help track this down.

73 de k1jbd
bammi

Bammi,

In all honesty, I didn't test the JTAlert Log4OMV2 MySQL code against an SSL enabled MySQL server (I need to set one up).

The problem may be in the MySQL code library being used by JTAlert, the connection string used, or the libmysql.dll client file.

I did upgrade the libmysql.dll file (v6.1.10) as part of the Log4OM2 support in JTAlert but that caused problems for JTAlert uses with out-dated or broken VC runtime libraries so I downgraded to the much older file (v5.1.37) used by JTAlert for many years. It may be simply that the libmysql.dll file doesn't support SSL connections.

I have sent you a direct email with a link to a more recent libmysql.dll file. Try replacing the file installed by JTAlert with the new file and let me know if that works (I am not hopeful however).

de Laurie VK3AMA



locked Re: Text messages

Gerrit
 

Hello Laurie,

 

Many thanks for your quick reply.

As i stated in my mail, i did tried this out with a third party which was on line.

And i did send a message to myself, no result.

It did work only once after i installed the new version but then it it stopped working.

 

Is there a possibility to install the an older version (the version before the extended range of characters)?

And if yes were can i download that?

 

Many thanks for your help.

 

73’s

Gerrit

 

Van: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] Namens HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Verzonden: vrijdag 14 februari 2020 00:17
Aan: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [HamApps] Text messages #WARNING

 

On 13/02/2020 11:34 pm, Gerrit via Groups.Io wrote:

I just upgraded JTAlert to version 2.15.8. The upgrade went smootly without any problems.
I am a regular user of the text message item (F5). When i first used this feature a popup window told me (in yellow) that the counter station was online, perfect.
When starting up JTAlert next day the text message did not work anymore. I checked this out with a station that was online (certain). All the options in the window setting box
are "on". What could be wrong here?  The same thing occured by a friend of mine. I am using Windows 10 with a I5 computer with sufficient memory.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Gerrit (PA3DJY)

\
This simplest way to test the Messaging without the need to get a third party to test with is to simply send a message to your self. Doing this will test if the online check and the message sending & receiving are working.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: JTAlert and Comments field of logfile

Paul-N5DUP
 

Laurie,

That did the trick. Thank you! 

Also, thank Tod WE5TR, and Bill N0NYH.. They were both also very helpful.

73,
Paul
N5DUP




On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

 On 14/02/2020 2:27 pm, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
What if there are no comments in JTAlerts or WSJT-X, will the comments in ACLogs be retained?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP
Yes they will be retained if JTAlert is setup correctly.

If both WSJT-X and JTAlert don't have comment text, then the logging instruction sent to ACLog from JTAlert doesn't include the Comment field which normally won't clear any data you have manually entered in ACLog during the QSO except if you have the "Clear ACLog fields prior to logging" setting enabled in JTAlert.

   
<ACLogClearFileds.png>


If your manually entering data or performing xml lookups causing the ACLog data entry fields to contain data prior to JTAlert logging then you need to turn that option off. Alternatively use the data entry fields in JTAlert (you can have JTAlert perform the XML lookup).

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/02/2020 5:34 pm, Jbammi via Groups.Io wrote:
JTAlert 2.15.10
MySQL 8 (8.0.19 64 bit) on Win 10
Log4OM V2 (2.3.0.0)
WSJT-X v2.1.2

In Setting, i choose log4omV2 for logging with MySQL, the UDP setup and control port are fine, because QSOs are getting logged correctly in log4om v2

However i enter the credentials for MySQL (double and triple checked), and on hitting Test Connection I always get the following error

Test MySQL Server Connection : FAIL
ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

At the end of a QSO whilst logging it gives me  the QSO Log Failed dialog with:
LOG4OM V2 MySQL Unable to confirm QSO logged

Obviously because it is unable to connect to MySql.

Happy to help track this down.

73 de k1jbd
bammi

Bammi,

In all honesty, I didn't test the JTAlert Log4OMV2 MySQL code against an SSL enabled MySQL server (I need to set one up).

The problem may be in the MySQL code library being used by JTAlert, the connection string used, or the libmysql.dll client file.

I did upgrade the libmysql.dll file (v6.1.10) as part of the Log4OM2 support in JTAlert but that caused problems for JTAlert uses with out-dated or broken VC runtime libraries so I downgraded to the much older file (v5.1.37) used by JTAlert for many years. It may be simply that the libmysql.dll file doesn't support SSL connections.

I have sent you a direct email with a link to a more recent libmysql.dll file. Try replacing the file installed by JTAlert with the new file and let me know if that works (I am not hopeful however).

de Laurie VK3AMA