Date   

locked Re: 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/02/2020 12:30 pm, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
I installed the MS patch and that fixed the Fatal Error. However, At the end of a contact I get a "Fail QSO Not Logged SQlite unable to confirm. I am using 2.15.8 JTALERT. Will 2.15.9 fix this?

Log4OM2 is significantly slower in writing the QSO to is log compared to Log4OM1. If the QSO is getting logged by JTAlert the warning indicates that the QSO hadn't yet been written to the log before JTAlert went off to check. You will need to increase the "Check QSO Log Record" time under the "Logging" section of the JTAlert Settings. You will need to do this regardless of the JTAlert version.

de Laurie VK3AMA
 


locked Re: 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)

Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...>
 

I installed the MS patch and that fixed the Fatal Error. However, At the end of a contact I get a "Fail QSO Not Logged SQlite unable to confirm. I am using 2.15.8 JTALERT. Will 2.15.9 fix this?
--
The only dumb question are the ones we don’t ask.


locked JTAlert 2.15.9 is available. New Features & Fixes. #Announcement #NewRelease

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

The Latest JTAlert version 2.15.9 is now available @ https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/

*** Important for "NO Log" users ***. Users who don't have a logger enabled in JTAlert rely on the JTAlert maintained B4 Log Database for Worked B4 alerting.
This database file has changed significantly and requires that "NO Log" users only, perform an ADIF import to pre-populate the database with QSO data from their primary logger. If an import is not done, than B4 alerting will consider all decodes as new and never worked. This adif import is only required once after which JTAlert automatically updates the database with each QSO logged. See the "Logging ->
Log B4 Database" section of the Settings.

New features include:
  • Continent of origin filtering of callsigns.
  • B4 alerting can now consider the on-air grid used (handy for catching roving stations that frequently change gridsquare).
Please review the Release notes at the end of this message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Release Notes.

2.15.9 (06-FEB-2020)

  *** Includes Callsign database file version 2020-02-06 (2020-February-06)

  New Features:

    - Continent filtering of Callsigns: New filtering (hiding) of Callsigns based on
       Continent of origin of the callsign. All Continents by default are enabled.
       When one or more Continents are unchecked, any decodes originating from that
       Continent will not be displayed on the main JTAlert window REGARDLESS of any
       Alert they may have generated or any of the other Filters set. This does not
       affect the Decodes window which already has its own method of hiding decodes
       based on Continent of origin, it is not compatible with the Main window filter.

    - Worked B4: New "Ignore Grid" option to consider on-air grid when performing
       B4 checks against the Log. A previously worked station that normally produces
       a B4 will now generate an alert if their on-air grid is different from previous
       QSOs in your Log and this option is OFF (unticked).
       (Default: ON, Window: Settings, Section: Alerts, Worked B4).

    - B4 Log Database: Now records the Date and Grid of QSOs logged. This will allow
       "NO Log" users to utilise the "Ignore Grid" and "Ignore Date" options for the
        Worked B4 alert. IMPORTANT, this only applies to "NO Log" users.

    - Sound Device: A sound keep-alive added to try and prevent sound devices going
       into power-save mode. This is useful for those Audio drivers that put the
       device to sleep if no audio has been played for some time causing the first
       part of the sound to be lost as the card comes out of sleep.
       (e.g. NVidia HDMI card drivers that don't provide a power-save setting but
        set the power-save on in the Registry, so not user adjustable).

  Changes:

    - MySQL support: libmysql.dll file (used by HRD and Log4OM MySQL logs) has
       been downgraded to the version used in all JTAlert releases except the
       recent 2.15.8 public release. A small number of users experienced MySQL
       errors when trying to open the JTAlert Settings.

    - B4 Log Database: The B4log.mdb file used for B4 checks when running with no
       logger enabled ("NO Log" in the titlebar) is now named B4logV2.mdb and is
       NOT compatible with the old B4log.mdb file. This will require "NO Log" users
       to perform an ADIF import to pre-populate the file with their B4 QSO data.
       See the "Logging -> Log B4 Database" section of the Settings.

    - JTAlertV2.Manager: Process is now forcibly terminated if found to be running
       when JTAlert is first started.

    - Text Messages: Long received messages that were not originally sent with
       embedded carriage returns are now automatically wrapped when being displayed.

    - Highlight WSJT-X DT: The option "Highlight Band Activity DT values that
       exceed threshold" has been removed. Highlighting DT values is still available
       in the JTAlert Decodes window.

  Fixes:

    - MySQL: "MySql Start Failure" message when trying to open the Settings window.

    - IOTA data: Not logged for Log4OM V1 & V2 MySQL logs.

    - Decodes Window: When running multiple JTAlert instances, decodes from one
       or more instances were not being displayed depending on startup sequence
       and if the Decodes window was closed and reopened during a JTAlert session.

    - Decodes Window: Missing decodes when running multiple JTAlert instances
       against several very busy bands resulting in UDP receive buffer overflow.

    - Alerting incorrect callsign: Decodes containing two callsigns only, flags
       the 2nd callsign as a gridsquare (when it is a non-standard callsign and
       the first 4 characters follow valid grid formatting) and incorrectly
       flags the 1st callsign as the transmitting callsign.
       eg. "P29ZL OL725PLZ" when OL725PLZ is Tx, JTAlert will alert on P29ZL.

    - Worked B4: Callsigns signing /MM, /R, /A, /P and /M failing worked B4 check.

    - Cocos Island: TI9A incorrectly shown as Cocos (Keeling) Islands. This is a
       cosmetic display defect only. All alerting and logging correctly used the
       dxcc #37 which is Cocos Island.



locked Re: #fixed

David Rounds
 

Yes

On 2/6/2020 9:22 AM, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
Is this for Windows 10?
--
The only dumb question are the ones we don’t ask.


locked Re: LOG4OM V2 - “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Jim N6VH
 

Herb posted the link to the answer. However, I would like to add that Log4OM v2 does NOT need to be run in admin mode, except in certain situations. See page 11 of the Log4OM user guide. Even then, it might not be necessary to run JTAlert in admin mode, regardless of what they say in the guide. When I used Log4OM v1 in admin mode, I did not run JTAlert in admin mode, and everything work well.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/6/2020 6:09 AM, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
I've applied to the JTALERT support group, but had no idea how long the approval takes. Decided to post here. My apology if this is not permitted.

I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.

Ø  Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)

Ø  When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Ø  Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug.  I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.

Ø  Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?

Ø  LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?

I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.

 

(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)

 

1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK

2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK

3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK

4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK

5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"

When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

I was unable to proceed beyond this point.

6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)

7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)

8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3


locked Re: #fixed

Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...>
 

Is this for Windows 10?
--
The only dumb question are the ones we don’t ask.


locked Re: LOG4OM V2 - “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

WB8ASI Herb
 

On February 6, 2020 at 9:09 AM Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...> wrote:

I've applied to the JTALERT support group, but had no idea how long the approval takes. Decided to post here. My apology if this is not permitted.

I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.

Ø  Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)

Ø  When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Ø  Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug.  I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.

Ø  Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?

Ø  LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?

I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.

 

(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)

 

1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK

2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK

3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK

4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK

5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"

When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

I was unable to proceed beyond this point.

6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)

7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)

8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3


 


locked LOG4OM V2 - “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...>
 

I've applied to the JTALERT support group, but had no idea how long the approval takes. Decided to post here. My apology if this is not permitted.

I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.

Ø  Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)

Ø  When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Ø  Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug.  I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.

Ø  Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?

Ø  LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?

I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.

 

(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)

 

1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK

2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK

3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK

4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK

5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"

When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

I was unable to proceed beyond this point.

6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)

7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)

8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3


locked #fixed

F5GHP
 

Hello all,
"Manage setting" --> Wanted Prefix
Why I can't  input some prefix in the field ?

Thanks for all  and have good hunt 73 Jpierre


locked Re: JTAlert docked with WSJT-X and coming to foreground

Paul-N5DUP
 

Thank you, Sir!

Paul
N5DUP


On Feb 5, 2020, at 8:19 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 6/02/2020 1:08 pm, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
I have apparently optioned JTAlert to pop tp the foreground on top of whatever is there. When I uncheck Enable Dock it unchecks but when I put it and WSJT-X down on the task bar, it and WSJT-X pop back up to the forground docked. Can someone tell me where and how I can change that?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP

"Applications -> WSJT-X / JTDX" section of the Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Decodes Window will not clear future spots

WB8ASI Herb
 

Laurie,  I just returned to the shack 0245Z Feb 06.  Did a View>Clear Display on the Decodes Window and all future spots are now gone.  They cleaned themselves out.   I didn't change my settings, which remain as "Delete Old Records" in the Startup Options.   All is well and good.  Don't know how I this digital would survive without JTAlert.  Thanks, Herb WB8ASI    P.S.  Please keep working on that future DX spot software.

On February 5, 2020 at 4:15 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 6/02/2020 7:41 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Laurie,  I have no idea.  Have not changed any clocks or settings.  Can't make a connection, but I did have an initial problem with future cluster spots when I first installed the new Log4OM V2.  I was sending screen shots to the Log4OM Forum while trying to figure out the problem.  One of the testers was able to replicate it, so they know I'm not crazy.  I was going to do some testing for them when it corrected itself.  
I've had the rig and computer off and on several times today, and so far the future decodes remain.  I'll keep an eye on them to see if they clear when their real time passes.
You really might have a market for software that can predict future DX. LOL
73, Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

I was able to produce future decodes by opening a previously saved wav file in WSJT-X. The wave files contain time stamps of the decodes (no dates).


Your only solution is to set the Decodes window (temporarily) to delete all entries on startup, restart Decodes then once started set the delete entries setting back to you previous setting.

The clearing of decodes in the Decodes window is not a true clear, the decodes remain in the database. The clear method applies a date/time filter expression to the sql used to display the decodes and this filter remains in effect until the Refresh menu is used. This allows you to clear the display and only display any newly incoming decodes without the old decodes reappearing. The date/time filter is set to the current UTC data/time when the Clear is used normally resulting in only new decodes after that date/time to be displayed.

de Laurie VK3AMA


 


locked Re: JTAlert docked with WSJT-X and coming to foreground

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/02/2020 1:08 pm, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
I have apparently optioned JTAlert to pop tp the foreground on top of whatever is there. When I uncheck Enable Dock it unchecks but when I put it and WSJT-X down on the task bar, it and WSJT-X pop back up to the forground docked. Can someone tell me where and how I can change that?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP

"Applications -> WSJT-X / JTDX" section of the Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked JTAlert docked with WSJT-X and coming to foreground

Paul-N5DUP
 

I have apparently optioned JTAlert to pop tp the foreground on top of whatever is there. When I uncheck Enable Dock it unchecks but when I put it and WSJT-X down on the task bar, it and WSJT-X pop back up to the forground docked. Can someone tell me where and how I can change that?

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP


locked Re: JAlert stopped displaying calls from WSJT-X

Charlie Rubenstein
 

I rebooted a few more times, and it started working again. Don't know why it did this, but it's working again. I don't have anything except for W10 Defender running.

Charlie 


locked Re: 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)

Greg Clark
 

Thanks Laurie - I should have used the SEARCH functions prior - apologies - will roll back and hang on.
73/Greg
K9IG


locked Re: 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/02/2020 9:04 am, Greg Clark wrote:
Just getting to 2.15.8 install - installed fine.  Once the program spawns, I wanted to tweak some items so click on SETTINGS and I get this error.  Up to me selecting SETTINGS - the program seems to be running and displaying info as expected.  I get this error on both WSJTx and JTDX versions.
Greg
K9IG
Know problem affecting a very small number of users and discussed in this group many times.
The fix is to wait until the next JTAlert release due in a day or two or install an updated VC 32bit runtime package.
See https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/27654

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked 2.15.8 Fatal Error (MySql)

Greg Clark
 

Just getting to 2.15.8 install - installed fine.  Once the program spawns, I wanted to tweak some items so click on SETTINGS and I get this error.  Up to me selecting SETTINGS - the program seems to be running and displaying info as expected.  I get this error on both WSJTx and JTDX versions.
Greg
K9IG


locked Re: Decodes Window will not clear future spots

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/02/2020 7:41 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Laurie,  I have no idea.  Have not changed any clocks or settings.  Can't make a connection, but I did have an initial problem with future cluster spots when I first installed the new Log4OM V2.  I was sending screen shots to the Log4OM Forum while trying to figure out the problem.  One of the testers was able to replicate it, so they know I'm not crazy.  I was going to do some testing for them when it corrected itself.  
I've had the rig and computer off and on several times today, and so far the future decodes remain.  I'll keep an eye on them to see if they clear when their real time passes.
You really might have a market for software that can predict future DX. LOL
73, Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

I was able to produce future decodes by opening a previously saved wav file in WSJT-X. The wave files contain time stamps of the decodes (no dates).


Your only solution is to set the Decodes window (temporarily) to delete all entries on startup, restart Decodes then once started set the delete entries setting back to you previous setting.

The clearing of decodes in the Decodes window is not a true clear, the decodes remain in the database. The clear method applies a date/time filter expression to the sql used to display the decodes and this filter remains in effect until the Refresh menu is used. This allows you to clear the display and only display any newly incoming decodes without the old decodes reappearing. The date/time filter is set to the current UTC data/time when the Clear is used normally resulting in only new decodes after that date/time to be displayed.

de Laurie VK3AMA


locked Re: Decodes History window will not load all of a sudden

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 6/02/2020 7:50 am, John, K2ZJ wrote:
Thanks for those suggestions, however it doesn't help.  One of the first things I thought of was that the window popped up somewhere and I couldn't see it, but it doesn't seem to be "popping" anywhere.

All of the other windows appear correctly when selected.

Laurie- in Task Manager, should I see the Decodes running as a Process?  I thought I saw it running at one point but it's not there now.  Now when I click on the View Decodes Window, nothing at all happens.

Thanks for the help !

John K2ZJ

The Decodes window should appear as a Window (obviously) and its entry in TaskManager will be "JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe"

If there is a TaskManager entry there should be a button (is that what they are called?) in the taskbar.

If there is no TaskManager entry, the Decodes window will not load if "Decodes" being disabled in JTAlert. See the "Windows -> Decodes" section of the Settings.

If this is recent behavior, I strongly suggest your perform a PC restart especially if your on WIn10.

Have you recently run any sort of cleanup software that removes directories from your local app data directory tree or a registry cleaner?

de Laurie VK3AMA



locked Re: #fixed

F5GHP
 

Hello all

Tnx for infos, all is working very well now

73 all

 

73  de Jpierre F5GHP

555

 

De : Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] De la part de Michael Black via Groups.Io
Envoyé : mercredi 5 février 2020 14:10
À : support@hamapps.groups.io; Support@HamApps.groups.io
Objet : Re: [HamApps] #fixed

 

Install the latest vc_redist.x86.exe runtime from here

 

 

Not the 64-bit version as JTAlert is a 32-bit application.

 

de Mike W9MDB

 

 

 

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 05:53:49 AM CST, jp.f5ghp@... <jp.f5ghp@...> wrote:

 

 

Hello , I can't  open the "Setting" menu. I have an SQL error
Pse Help

 

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com