Date   

locked Text Message TCP connect Fail: Error 10061

Ron W3RJW
 

New install WSJT-X V1.8.0 JTAlertX 2.10.8 and HRD v6:

Under Web Services, TCPIP Network Ports testing the Text Message TCPPORT 49503 returns the Error Message 'TCP Connect Failk: Error=10061' ....   Testing TCP Ports 49501 and 49503 on the same page return 'TCP Test OK'   .....  Guess this why Text Messaging is not working ...  Can't anything blocked in my Firewall ...


locked Re: Hamspots is back

 

It does work for me OM. 

 

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of on5po
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 12:56 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Hamspots is back

 

hello,

 

no spots, does not work

 

73 

 

 


De : Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> de la part de Dan Malcolm <K4SHQ@...>
Envoyé : mercredi 3 janvier 2018 18:26
À : Support@HamApps.groups.io
Objet : [HamApps] Hamspots is back

 

Just noticed that Hamspots is back in operation.  Thanks Laurie.

 

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

 


--
Dan - K4SHQ


--
Dan - K4SHQ


locked Band Activity Window Not Populating

W7JHR@...
 

When I click on the band activity window, it pops up but doesn't populate.  At the bottom of the window it says:  (Last Update:Pending).  This just started happening 2 days ago.  Does anyone have the fix?

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR


locked Re: Hamspots is back

on5po
 

hello,


no spots, does not work


73 




De : Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> de la part de Dan Malcolm <K4SHQ@...>
Envoyé : mercredi 3 janvier 2018 18:26
À : Support@HamApps.groups.io
Objet : [HamApps] Hamspots is back
 

Just noticed that Hamspots is back in operation.  Thanks Laurie.

 

__________

Dan – K4SHQ

 


--
Dan - K4SHQ


locked Re: Still no messaging

Ed Wilson
 

Gary,

Send one to K0KC...I will respond if I get it.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/


On Sunday, January 7, 2018, 1:41:24 PM EST, w4ihi3 <w4ihi3@...> wrote:


 Have sent several text messages via JTAlertX with still no response.  Sent text to myself and it came through but that's all. I have sent out several messages with no reply in fact only two since mid December. Previous to mid December  I used to get several and some unsolicited previous to this.  The only things I can conclude is this happened after updating to JTAlertX 2.10.8 or it is some blocking situation through my computer or internet. Anyone had this problem and corrected it?  I really miss using this feature. I posted this before and received a lot of response but unfortunately still not working so sorry for the repeat.  I am using WSJT-X V1.8.0 JTAlertX 2.10.8 and Log40m.
Thank You
Gary W4IHI


locked Still no messaging

w4ihi3
 

 Have sent several text messages via JTAlertX with still no response.  Sent text to myself and it came through but that's all. I have sent out several messages with no reply in fact only two since mid December. Previous to mid December  I used to get several and some unsolicited previous to this.  The only things I can conclude is this happened after updating to JTAlertX 2.10.8 or it is some blocking situation through my computer or internet. Anyone had this problem and corrected it?  I really miss using this feature. I posted this before and received a lot of response but unfortunately still not working so sorry for the repeat.  I am using WSJT-X V1.8.0 JTAlertX 2.10.8 and Log40m.
Thank You
Gary W4IHI


locked Re: Unique Callsigns Not Working?

Donn Drury <dsdrury1@...>
 

Hi Michael,   I reported this yesterday and found that Upgrading JT Alert to 2.10.8 solved my problem. Band activity window working as normal. Thanks to all. Donn W0TK


locked Unique Callsigns Not Working?

Michael Monteith
 

The last 2 days the Unique Callsigns window isn't reporting.   Anyone else having the same problem?  I've restarted the computer, restarted the apps, etc.  Is there something else I can check?   My next thing was I was going to shut my antivirus/firewall down long enough to see if for some reason data isn't being passed to/from the internet somewhere.

Thanks
73, Michael
KM4OLT


locked Re: QSO B4 tag lost

Greg Clark
 

Import of the ADI file did not resolve it Laurie.  I've sent config/session files as requested.
73/Greg
K9IG



From: HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] QSO B4 tag lost

On 7/01/2018 1:05 PM, Greg Clark wrote:
No - Going into settings > Logging - even at top of window, it says (No Log File Selected - Logging Disabled).  The only logging in process is within WSJT-X - as I do not have a bridge in place for any of the supported programs.  On the Standard ADIF File tab - it is UNCHECKED - so disabled.

Do I need to go to the Log B4 Database tab and then select Import and then point the import to the current ADI file in WSJT-X to "re-create" the MDB?

Thanks!

Greg
Greg,

I'm scratching my head trying to come up with a scenario to explain your experience ;-)

It wont hurt to do an ADIF import into the B4log.mdb file. If you still have no joy after doing that, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include a note of the UTC time and Callsign where you believe it should have displayed the B4 but didn't.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   
   



locked New User help!

Wes Elton
 

Hi Laurie,

Many thanks for the speedy response and the info’.

 

I am indeed using a bridging program, (provided by the L32 development team) Sorry, I should have spotted that. I’ll take the issue up with them!

Title bar issue solved following your advice.

Lot’s to learn and, since I’m not the sharpest knife in the box regarding computers, for sure I’ll be asking for more advice in the future.

Kind regards to you and yours for 2018.

73,

Wes.

GW3RIH.

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: 07 January 2018 01:34
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] New User help!

 

On 7/01/2018 4:53 AM, Wes Elton wrote:

Hi all,
I am using the latest version of Logger 32, JTalert ver2.10.8 and the latest version of WSJT-X. Afer much head scratching, I have things set up such that, via JTAlert, I can log a qso onto the Logbook Page of logger 32 but with some details missing..
Can someone please advise:
How can I get a contacts name and QTH details to transfer to L32. I've tried typing these details in by hand but they do not follow the other info into L32.
How do I change colours of the active bands on the title bar? They are unreadable at default. I followed the instuctions given by Mike W9MDB but  nothing changes.
Can I remove the JT65 side of the display, I don't use that mode.
Will a use guide be issued in the future?
Mant thanks es HNY to all,
WES GW3RIH.


Wes,

How are you getting the QSOs logged to Logger32?
JTAlert doesn't support Logger32. Are you using some sort of bridging program? If so, you should see the advice of that bridge developer regarding missing data.

Colors of the Band Activity are easily changed. JTAlert Settings, "Window -> Band Activity Display" section. I suggest you enable the solid background color as that helps greatly especially when the default window title bar colors vary from dark to light depending on whether the window has focus.

Sorry, unwanted Modes cannot be removed from the Band Activity window.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: Worked before not showing correctly....

Mike Steiner
 

Thanks Laurie… I was wondering this after I sent it. And I cant be the first and must of missed this earlier post so sorry for the bandwidth to all. But I totally understand by not have enough time. I think we all can relate.

 

Thank you for the response and your time that you put into this great program.

 

73

Mike

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2018 12:32 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Worked before not showing correctly....

 

On 7/01/2018 6:46 PM, Mike Steiner wrote:

I’m having a problem where my worked before stations are showing up correctly.  Below you can see that K2QQ has been worked before as you can see it states QSO B4 on the left handside but not on top.

Below is what I would except to see. However I have worked K5TA and its not showing “B4” next to his call sign. And if I did try to call him I would get his callsign with QSO B4 like I’m getting with K2QQ.

 

What did I do to screw this up?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

The only screw-up here is in the modified JTAlert code to support the Grid Chase.

You have the Grid Chase enabled, is that correct?

This incorrect B4 alerting (the lack of) is due to how the Grid Chase alerting was coded. The fundamental problem is that JTAlert is checking the B4 status focusing on how this applies to the Grid Chase and totally ignoring any previous QSOs that are B4s but not generating the Grid alert.

I am working on correcting the logic but time hasn't been on my side in recent weeks. I am confident however that the next JTAlert release will correct this.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: Worked before not showing correctly....

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/01/2018 6:46 PM, Mike Steiner wrote:

I’m having a problem where my worked before stations are showing up correctly.  Below you can see that K2QQ has been worked before as you can see it states QSO B4 on the left handside but not on top.

Below is what I would except to see. However I have worked K5TA and its not showing “B4” next to his call sign. And if I did try to call him I would get his callsign with QSO B4 like I’m getting with K2QQ.

 

What did I do to screw this up?

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

The only screw-up here is in the modified JTAlert code to support the Grid Chase.

You have the Grid Chase enabled, is that correct?

This incorrect B4 alerting (the lack of) is due to how the Grid Chase alerting was coded. The fundamental problem is that JTAlert is checking the B4 status focusing on how this applies to the Grid Chase and totally ignoring any previous QSOs that are B4s but not generating the Grid alert.

I am working on correcting the logic but time hasn't been on my side in recent weeks. I am confident however that the next JTAlert release will correct this.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Worked before not showing correctly....

Mike Steiner
 

 

I’m having a problem where my worked before stations are showing up correctly.  Below you can see that K2QQ has been worked before as you can see it states QSO B4 on the left handside but not on top.

 

 

Below is what I would except to see. However I have worked K5TA and its not showing “B4” next to his call sign. And if I did try to call him I would get his callsign with QSO B4 like I’m getting with K2QQ.

 

 

What did I do to screw this up?

 

Thanks

Mike


locked Re: QSO B4 tag lost

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/01/2018 1:05 PM, Greg Clark wrote:
No - Going into settings > Logging - even at top of window, it says (No Log File Selected - Logging Disabled).  The only logging in process is within WSJT-X - as I do not have a bridge in place for any of the supported programs.  On the Standard ADIF File tab - it is UNCHECKED - so disabled.

Do I need to go to the Log B4 Database tab and then select Import and then point the import to the current ADI file in WSJT-X to "re-create" the MDB?

Thanks!

Greg
Greg,

I'm scratching my head trying to come up with a scenario to explain your experience ;-)

It wont hurt to do an ADIF import into the B4log.mdb file. If you still have no joy after doing that, use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include a note of the UTC time and Callsign where you believe it should have displayed the B4 but didn't.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   
   


locked Re: Dazed and confused FT-8, JTAlert

Brian (N2MLP)
 

LOTW AND EQSL DISPLAYS

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of davetelling .
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 9:10 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Dazed and confused FT-8, JTAlert

 

I almost forgot - do the vertical bars in the displayed callsigns mean anything? For example:
|  KA1ABC  |
|  W1XYZ 
  N8RST  |


locked Re: Dazed and confused FT-8, JTAlert

davetelling .
 

I almost forgot - do the vertical bars in the displayed callsigns mean anything? For example:
|  KA1ABC  |
|  W1XYZ 
  N8RST  |


locked Re: Dazed and confused FT-8, JTAlert

davetelling .
 

Laurie,
OK, thanks. That clears up some of the questions I had! If I knew more aboout the program, I'd do a YouTube video on my channel with a "JTAlert for Dummies", but I am far from that. Perhaps another user who has th etime and expertise might put something together.
73,
Dave, KJ7WT


locked Re: QSO B4 tag lost

Greg Clark
 

No - Going into settings > Logging - even at top of window, it says (No Log File Selected - Logging Disabled).  The only logging in process is within WSJT-X - as I do not have a bridge in place for any of the supported programs.  On the Standard ADIF File tab - it is UNCHECKED - so disabled.

Do I need to go to the Log B4 Database tab and then select Import and then point the import to the current ADI file in WSJT-X to "re-create" the MDB?

Thanks!

Greg



From: HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] QSO B4 tag lost

On 7/01/2018 2:04 AM, Greg Clark wrote:
I'm there now, following the path you provided, and I see the B4log.MDB file, it's at 280KB, last updated this morning - but no clue as to why it's not getting polled for info when gathering data on incoming decodes.  I just opened it in a reader and see all 733 Q's on FT-8 that I have made.  Shows CALLSIGN  BANDMODE ie AE1N   20FT8.

Any idea as to why it may not be reading this or how to make sure it's pointed in the correct direction?

Thanks

Greg
K9IG
Greg,

The B4log.mdb file is always updated when JTAlert detects a newly logged QSO, but is only ever used if logging is disabled in JTAlert. From your description, it sounds like you have one of the supported loggers enabled, ADIF perhaps, and that is missing your historical QSOs. Does that sound right?

de Laurie VK3AMA
   



locked Re: QSO B4 tag lost

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/01/2018 2:04 AM, Greg Clark wrote:
I'm there now, following the path you provided, and I see the B4log.MDB file, it's at 280KB, last updated this morning - but no clue as to why it's not getting polled for info when gathering data on incoming decodes.  I just opened it in a reader and see all 733 Q's on FT-8 that I have made.  Shows CALLSIGN  BANDMODE ie AE1N   20FT8.

Any idea as to why it may not be reading this or how to make sure it's pointed in the correct direction?

Thanks

Greg
K9IG
Greg,

The B4log.mdb file is always updated when JTAlert detects a newly logged QSO, but is only ever used if logging is disabled in JTAlert. From your description, it sounds like you have one of the supported loggers enabled, ADIF perhaps, and that is missing your historical QSOs. Does that sound right?

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: Dazed and confused FT-8, JTAlert

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/01/2018 11:34 AM, davetelling . wrote:
I Have been using FT-8 (WSJT-X) for several months now, and recently became aware of JTAlert, and thought that it sounded like a useful addition to software suite.
I did the install, including the two additional programs, and had no issues.
However - the "Help" file is missing a number of key areas (Alerts, Applications, and others), with "Under construction" displayed instead.
When running WSJT-X, I get various colored callsigns in the status bards, but so far, I have find nothing that indicates what the colors mean. I also see that the displayed callsigns have vertical bars near the callsign, some have two some have just one, and again - I cannot find anything that explains what these vertical bars mean.
Also, looking at the "status" line (on the left, next to version/callsign area) I see a list of indicators, including band and logging destination. What do the tilde at the beginning mean, and after the logging destination, i see an 'F', followed by a '#1', but I don't know what those mean.
It would be great to have some pictures in the help file that show these items and explain a bit as to what they are.
Hopefully, that information will be made available in the future?
Thanks, Dave, KJ7WT

Dave,

Sorry about the help file. That is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

With JTAlert active, press F1 or use the "View->Alert Types Summary Window" menu. The resulting window shows all the diufferent color combinations and provides a fast convenient way to disable/enable individual alerts. Expand that window by clicking the two overlapping boxes icon and revealed will be JTAlert Hotkeys and the LoTW/eQSL flag types and position (stripes in your case).

The JTAlert titlebar... "~" represents the current Tx mode of WSJT-X and matches the mode character displayed in WSJT-X, in this case FT8. "F" means that your have Alert Filters enabled. "#1" indicates this is the first instance of JTAlert running (out of a maximum of 15).

de Laurie VK3AMA
   

19441 - 19460 of 37662