Date   

locked Re: JTAlert Question

Dick <w1ksz@...>
 

As I said in my original post ..."I am a well satisfied user"... . That being said, I see NO reason to switch to

some other Logging Program that may or may not satisfy my needs.


So, the answer to my query  seems to be no.


73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ


Sent from Outlook


From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> on behalf of Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 10:31:50 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert Question
 
Looks like DXBase hasn't been updated in 6 years.  And I don't see where it accepts logging packets so it will never be supported by JTAlert unless that changes (which seems unlikely)>
So perhaps it's time to migrate to another logger as painful as that may sound.

I personally like Log4OM as being fairly simple to use with many features if you want them...similar to DXBase.

de Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:56:23 AM CST, Dick <w1ksz@...> wrote:



I have been using FT8 since I first heard of it. I thought I might utilize JTAlert, but have some questions.


First: The "Wanted" category. Am I correct in assuming you need to link it somehow to your Log ?

Otherwise, how does it know what you need.


Second: I am a well satisfied user of DXBase, but do not see it listed in the "Supported" Logging Programs.

Does that mean I cannot use the "Wanted" function ?


Thanks for any clarification you may provide.


73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ


Sent from Outlook


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Brian (N2MLP)
 

Do you have software configured correct
Are you using Wsjtx?


========================
de N2MLP Brian
Monroe County PA



========================

-----Original Message-----
From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of k6eid
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 11:44 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Problem starting JTalert

I have the same problem. Where is the box to un check? When I open JTAlert, I get the message that can't find wsjtx.exe and there is no box that I can see. What do I need o do to access the box?

Tnx

Phil?


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

k6eid
 

I have the same problem. Where is the box to un check? When I open JTAlert, I get the message that can't find wsjtx.exe and there is no box that I can see. What do I need o do to access the box?

Tnx

Phil


locked Re: JTAlert Question

Dave Garber
 

I have done the same as Mike, said goodbye to DXbase, unless a miracle happens and someone buys the rights, then bring it to present., but I tried n3fjp, and now on HRD6.  both with their drawbacks , and misfunction, but they work well with the Jtalert



Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:
Looks like DXBase hasn't been updated in 6 years.  And I don't see where it accepts logging packets so it will never be supported by JTAlert unless that changes (which seems unlikely)>
So perhaps it's time to migrate to another logger as painful as that may sound.

I personally like Log4OM as being fairly simple to use with many features if you want them...similar to DXBase.

de Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:56:23 AM CST, Dick <w1ksz@...> wrote:



I have been using FT8 since I first heard of it. I thought I might utilize JTAlert, but have some questions.


First: The "Wanted" category. Am I correct in assuming you need to link it somehow to your Log ?

Otherwise, how does it know what you need.


Second: I am a well satisfied user of DXBase, but do not see it listed in the "Supported" Logging Programs.

Does that mean I cannot use the "Wanted" function ?


Thanks for any clarification you may provide.


73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ


Sent from Outlook



locked Re: Moving from Vista to Windows 10

james brock <jamesbrock@...>
 

Don't go to Windows 10, it sucks.  

James Brock
541-868-5827 

 DO NOT ACCEPT TEXTING



On Friday, December 15, 2017, 9:23:11 AM PST, Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:


I believe you must reinstall all programs, and THEN copy your support files, or import them, depending on if you change versions....

so if you remove what you copied ( or just rename the folder for now).  the reinstall will add dll files you probably did not copy over..




Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:07 AM, John Singler <jes148@...> wrote:

Not really an JTAlert problem, but after a week, I haven't had any takers on the HRD Yahoo group and there are some REALLY knowledgeable folk here. I have HRD ver 5, JTAlert ver2.10.7 andWSJT-X ver 1.8.0.
My laptop running Vista died - hardware fault. I had a backup on a usb drive but my wife's laptop is running Windows 10 and you can't just restore from Vista to Win 10! After 3 restore cycles and several days of copying files, I have most of my files and most programs work. The HRD Logbook is a problem! It will start from HRD or by itself, but won't load any records and stops responding. If I Run as Administrator and it loads the log records and reads from and writes to Digital Master and JTAlert.

If I launch JTAlert without Run and Admin, I get this error message:

Sorry, there has been an error!

 

Current Function : _calldata_query()

Calling Function : 1

 

DSN Name : 

 

DSN Driver : Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)

 

Conn String : DSN=HRD My Logbook - Access;Trusted_Connection=Yes; Persist Security Info=True;

 

Query : SELECT [COL_TIME_ON] FROM [TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01] WHERE ([COL_MODE] LIKE 'FT8%' AND [COL_TIME_ON]>CDate('1900-01- 01 00:00:00')) AND ([COL_BAND]='40m') AND ([COL_CALL]='KB8TSO') ORDER BY [COL_PRIMARY_KEY] DESC

 

err.description is: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

err.windescription: Unspecified error

 

err.number is: 80020009

err.lastdllerror is: 0

err.scriptline is: -1

err.source is: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is: 0

 

This error message has been placed in the Windows Clipboard.

 

I tried changing the owner of logbook and the data file to the original user, made sure administrator isn't check in their properties, made sure my user has full privileges, copied the JTAlert and HRD directories to the original user AppData directory. Not sure what else to do except Run and Admin and tolerate the "Are you sure?" warning! Any better ideas?

There are now 3 Users on the machine - D, the original, S, the Vista user, and D.S. i don't know where DdotS came from and it has no login and most of its file folders are empty. Once everything is working, I plan on deleting the S and D.S users, just for housekeeping.

 

Thanks and 73

John KA5BJC 

 



locked Re: JTAlert Question

Michael Black
 

Looks like DXBase hasn't been updated in 6 years.  And I don't see where it accepts logging packets so it will never be supported by JTAlert unless that changes (which seems unlikely)>
So perhaps it's time to migrate to another logger as painful as that may sound.

I personally like Log4OM as being fairly simple to use with many features if you want them...similar to DXBase.

de Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:56:23 AM CST, Dick <w1ksz@...> wrote:



I have been using FT8 since I first heard of it. I thought I might utilize JTAlert, but have some questions.


First: The "Wanted" category. Am I correct in assuming you need to link it somehow to your Log ?

Otherwise, how does it know what you need.


Second: I am a well satisfied user of DXBase, but do not see it listed in the "Supported" Logging Programs.

Does that mean I cannot use the "Wanted" function ?


Thanks for any clarification you may provide.


73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ


Sent from Outlook


locked Re: Moving from Vista to Windows 10

Dave Garber
 

I believe you must reinstall all programs, and THEN copy your support files, or import them, depending on if you change versions....

so if you remove what you copied ( or just rename the folder for now).  the reinstall will add dll files you probably did not copy over..




Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:07 AM, John Singler <jes148@...> wrote:

Not really an JTAlert problem, but after a week, I haven't had any takers on the HRD Yahoo group and there are some REALLY knowledgeable folk here. I have HRD ver 5, JTAlert ver2.10.7 andWSJT-X ver 1.8.0.
My laptop running Vista died - hardware fault. I had a backup on a usb drive but my wife's laptop is running Windows 10 and you can't just restore from Vista to Win 10! After 3 restore cycles and several days of copying files, I have most of my files and most programs work. The HRD Logbook is a problem! It will start from HRD or by itself, but won't load any records and stops responding. If I Run as Administrator and it loads the log records and reads from and writes to Digital Master and JTAlert.

If I launch JTAlert without Run and Admin, I get this error message:

Sorry, there has been an error!

 

Current Function : _calldata_query()

Calling Function : 1

 

DSN Name : 

 

DSN Driver : Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)

 

Conn String : DSN=HRD My Logbook - Access;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Persist Security Info=True;

 

Query : SELECT [COL_TIME_ON] FROM [TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01] WHERE ([COL_MODE] LIKE 'FT8%' AND [COL_TIME_ON]>CDate('1900-01-01 00:00:00')) AND ([COL_BAND]='40m') AND ([COL_CALL]='KB8TSO') ORDER BY [COL_PRIMARY_KEY] DESC

 

err.description is: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

err.windescription: Unspecified error

 

err.number is: 80020009

err.lastdllerror is: 0

err.scriptline is: -1

err.source is: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is: 0

 

This error message has been placed in the Windows Clipboard.

 

I tried changing the owner of logbook and the data file to the original user, made sure administrator isn't check in their properties, made sure my user has full privileges, copied the JTAlert and HRD directories to the original user AppData directory. Not sure what else to do except Run and Admin and tolerate the "Are you sure?" warning! Any better ideas?

There are now 3 Users on the machine - D, the original, S, the Vista user, and D.S. i don't know where DdotS came from and it has no login and most of its file folders are empty. Once everything is working, I plan on deleting the S and D.S users, just for housekeeping.

 

Thanks and 73

John KA5BJC 

 



locked JTAlert Question

Dick <w1ksz@...>
 


I have been using FT8 since I first heard of it. I thought I might utilize JTAlert, but have some questions.


First: The "Wanted" category. Am I correct in assuming you need to link it somehow to your Log ?

Otherwise, how does it know what you need.


Second: I am a well satisfied user of DXBase, but do not see it listed in the "Supported" Logging Programs.

Does that mean I cannot use the "Wanted" function ?


Thanks for any clarification you may provide.


73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ


Sent from Outlook


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...>
 

Thanks Mike, found that just a few minutes ago.


Seems to be working.

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 10:49 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Problem starting JTalert

 

You have to click the "Auto Tx" button right above the AutoSeq button.  Bottom of screen will otherwise show "Auto Tx Disarmed".

 

de Mike W9MDB

 

 

On Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:10:00 AM CST, Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...> wrote:

 

 

Thanks for your help Mike.

 

Have both instances running on two receivers.

 

Just trying to get it all figured out.  Like when its not doing the enable TX automatically.  I am sure it’s a setting 😊

 

 


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Michael Black
 

You have to click the "Auto Tx" button right above the AutoSeq button.  Bottom of screen will otherwise show "Auto Tx Disarmed".

de Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:10:00 AM CST, Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...> wrote:


Thanks for your help Mike.

 

Have both instances running on two receivers.

 

Just trying to get it all figured out.  Like when its not doing the enable TX automatically.  I am sure it’s a setting 😊

 

 


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...>
 

Thanks for your help Mike.

 

Have both instances running on two receivers.

 

Just trying to get it all figured out.  Like when its not doing the enable TX automatically.  I am sure it’s a setting 😊

 

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:49 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Problem starting JTalert

 

Got Rich running....was not using the JTAlert/JTDX shortcut.  So, for the newer version of JTDX the "wsjtx.exe" box must be unchecked since they have renamed to jtdx.exe.

 

de Mike W9MDB


locked Re: Contribution?

Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...>
 

I agree Larry.

 

But have had no luck doing so. Laurie seems to ignore my offers !

 

Rich

Kd0zv

 

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Banks
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 9:59 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Contribution?

 

Hi Laurie,

 

I have been using JTAlert for a few months now and between it, and FT8, I have finished both 5BDXCC and the DX Challenge.  I believe in supporting hams who help me this greatly in my hobby.

 

So I like to support such sites and SW apps.  I do that with a few, BUT I do not see how to support you!

 

Do you have a PayPal account where I can send you a small token of my support?


73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

 

 


locked Contribution?

Larry Banks
 

Hi Laurie,
 
I have been using JTAlert for a few months now and between it, and FT8, I have finished both 5BDXCC and the DX Challenge.  I believe in supporting hams who help me this greatly in my hobby.
 
So I like to support such sites and SW apps.  I do that with a few, BUT I do not see how to support you!
 
Do you have a PayPal account where I can send you a small token of my support?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

 
 


locked Re: AutoIt Error

Michael Black
 

That happens every once in a while....a long standing bug in the compiler unfortunately.

de Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 15, 2017, 9:01:51 AM CST, Stewart Wilkinson <stewart.g0lgs@...> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

Just cam back in the shack to find:




JTAlert 2.10.7 with WJST-X v1.8.0 running FT8 on 50.313

After clicking OK JTAlert went to Not Responding and Windows eventually closed it.


locked Moving from Vista to Windows 10

John Singler
 

Not really an JTAlert problem, but after a week, I haven't had any takers on the HRD Yahoo group and there are some REALLY knowledgeable folk here. I have HRD ver 5, JTAlert ver2.10.7 andWSJT-X ver 1.8.0.
My laptop running Vista died - hardware fault. I had a backup on a usb drive but my wife's laptop is running Windows 10 and you can't just restore from Vista to Win 10! After 3 restore cycles and several days of copying files, I have most of my files and most programs work. The HRD Logbook is a problem! It will start from HRD or by itself, but won't load any records and stops responding. If I Run as Administrator and it loads the log records and reads from and writes to Digital Master and JTAlert.

If I launch JTAlert without Run and Admin, I get this error message:

Sorry, there has been an error!

 

Current Function : _calldata_query()

Calling Function : 1

 

DSN Name : 

 

DSN Driver : Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)

 

Conn String : DSN=HRD My Logbook - Access;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Persist Security Info=True;

 

Query : SELECT [COL_TIME_ON] FROM [TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01] WHERE ([COL_MODE] LIKE 'FT8%' AND [COL_TIME_ON]>CDate('1900-01-01 00:00:00')) AND ([COL_BAND]='40m') AND ([COL_CALL]='KB8TSO') ORDER BY [COL_PRIMARY_KEY] DESC

 

err.description is: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

err.windescription: Unspecified error

 

err.number is: 80020009

err.lastdllerror is: 0

err.scriptline is: -1

err.source is: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is: 0

 

This error message has been placed in the Windows Clipboard.

 

I tried changing the owner of logbook and the data file to the original user, made sure administrator isn't check in their properties, made sure my user has full privileges, copied the JTAlert and HRD directories to the original user AppData directory. Not sure what else to do except Run and Admin and tolerate the "Are you sure?" warning! Any better ideas?

There are now 3 Users on the machine - D, the original, S, the Vista user, and D.S. i don't know where DdotS came from and it has no login and most of its file folders are empty. Once everything is working, I plan on deleting the S and D.S users, just for housekeeping.

 

Thanks and 73

John KA5BJC 

 


locked AutoIt Error

Stewart Wilkinson
 
Edited

Just cam back in the shack to find:




JTAlert 2.10.7 with WJST-X v1.8.0 running FT8 on 50.313

After clicking OK JTAlert went to Not Responding and Windows eventually closed it.


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Michael Black
 

Got Rich running....was not using the JTAlert/JTDX shortcut.  So, for the newer version of JTDX the "wsjtx.exe" box must be unchecked since they have renamed to jtdx.exe.

de Mike W9MDB


locked Re: Mode/Band/Grid Alerts

Michael Black
 

I think what you want is Settings/Worked B4 -- with the "Ignore B4 status before this date" set.

That way anybody you haven't worked since that date will be considered new.

de Mike W9MDB



On Friday, December 15, 2017, 7:51:31 AM CST, <w3oa@...> wrote:


Thank you Mike and Laurie -

Is their a way to just consider QSO's in a specified range of dates, like the current year?

73 - Dick, W3OA


locked Re: Mode/Band/Grid Alerts

w3oa@...
 

Thank you Mike and Laurie -

Is their a way to just consider QSO's in a specified range of dates, like the current year?

73 - Dick, W3OA


locked Re: Problem starting JTalert

Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...>
 

 

 

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:40 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Problem starting JTalert

 

Don't uncheck it...check it.

The executable was renamed to wsjtx.exe several versions ago.

 

de Mike W9MDB

 

 

On Friday, December 15, 2017, 7:36:02 AM CST, Rich McCabe <r.mccabe@...> wrote:

 

 

I am having issues with this currently. Thought I would try JTDX.

 

I have unchecked the box that says JTDX executable named "wsjtx.exe".

 

Running JTDX  18.1.0.34 and JTAlert 2.10.7

 

When I start JTAlert I get the Waiting for WSJT-X to start message.

 

Rich

 

 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 4:45 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Problem starting JTalert

 

In JTAlert Settings/Manage Settings/Applications/WSJT-X

Check

JTDX executable named "wsjtx.exe"

 

de Mike W9MDB

 

 

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 4:09:12 PM CST, Mike Steiner <k7qdx@...> wrote:

 

 

I installed the lastest JTDX and JTalert as of 12/9/2017. I launch JTDX and when I start JTalert it states that I need to have JTDX running to continue. However its up and running.

 

What did I do wrong? I pretty much have things installed in the default locations.

 

 

Mike K7QDX

 


From: Mike Steiner
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:01 PM
To: HamApps@...
Subject: Problem starting JTalert

 

I installed the lastest JTDX and JTalert as of 12/9/2017. I launch JTDX and when I start JTalert it states that I need to have JTDX running to continue. However its up and running.

 

What did I do wrong? I pretty much have things installed in the default locations.

 

 

Mike K7QDX