Date   

locked Re: : Lookup on QRZCQ ?

Rick IW1AWH
 

HI LAURIE ! Very good.

Will wait the new JTAlert V3 (however the current version of JT Alter is much more then satisfying)

Many thanks.

Kind 73.

Rick.


locked Re: Line 1053

Michael Black
 

Just the once....will let you know if any repeats occur.  Was hoping the debug on JTAlert might be enough for you to see what was happening.

RRR
Mike W9MDB




From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Line 1053

 
On 6/01/2016 9:00 AM, Black Michael mdblack98@... [HamApps] wrote:
Double-click wasn't working (again for some odd reason)....so clicked in WSJT-X and got this error:

Line 1053:
Error: Variable used without being declared.

Support email on it's way too if needed.

RRR
Mike W9MDB
Mike,

It is unclear how a click in the WSJT-X window will crash JTAlert, especially since all the WSJT-X interaction is via the UDP interface.

Line number 1053 corresponds to code that is part of an SQLite library built into the Compiler. There are no undefined variables in that area of the code (I checked). Plus I have the compiler configured to abort on all undeclared variables. Either the "
Variable used without being declared" message is inaccurate along with the error line number or something more significant is at play, like memory corruption affecting the program variables storage location (not sure how that is handled by the Compiler or what that memory area is called) resulting in an undeclared variable message. If memory corruption is at play, then I would expect the line number to change when this happens again.

Have you had this error again? If so, did the line number change?

de Laurie VK3AMA
   




locked Re: Line 1053

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 6/01/2016 9:00 AM, Black Michael mdblack98@... [HamApps] wrote:
Double-click wasn't working (again for some odd reason)....so clicked in WSJT-X and got this error:

Line 1053:
Error: Variable used without being declared.

Support email on it's way too if needed.

RRR
Mike W9MDB
Mike,

It is unclear how a click in the WSJT-X window will crash JTAlert, especially since all the WSJT-X interaction is via the UDP interface.

Line number 1053 corresponds to code that is part of an SQLite library built into the Compiler. There are no undefined variables in that area of the code (I checked). Plus I have the compiler configured to abort on all undeclared variables. Either the "
Variable used without being declared" message is inaccurate along with the error line number or something more significant is at play, like memory corruption affecting the program variables storage location (not sure how that is handled by the Compiler or what that memory area is called) resulting in an undeclared variable message. If memory corruption is at play, then I would expect the line number to change when this happens again.

Have you had this error again? If so, did the line number change?

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: Lookup on QRZCQ ?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 8/01/2016 4:01 AM, iw1awh@... [HamApps] wrote:
> Hi Laurie.
>
> I'm wondering if you will take in consideration in the future to implement also the free lookup using QRZCQ web site.
>         
> The authors are also testing a new implementation to display freq/mode activity on their web site (beta)
>
> Not a need (what we have now, hamqth for free and qrz for subscriber, is more then good) but sometime an alternative free lookup may be useful.
>
> Kind regards and sorry for wasting some bandwidth here.
>
> Rick IU2FGB (formerly IW1AWH).
Hi Rick,

Way ahead of you. I coded QRZCQ XML support a few weeks ago, but it is part of the new JTAlert (V3) rewrite. So you will get it when JTAlert V3 is released, which is a few months away.
 
Since we already have a free XML lookup option, it is unlikely that I will extend the current JTAlert to utilize the QRZCQ service.

Cheers,
de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Lookup on QRZCQ ?

Rick IW1AWH
 

Hi Laurie.


I'm wondering if you will take in consideration in the future to implement also the free lookup using QRZCQ web site.

XML api and protocol is described here :

QRZCQ XML API Documentation

The authors are also testing a new implementation to display freq/mode activity on their web site (beta) :

QRZCQ - The database for radio hams


Not a need (what we have now, hamqth for free and qrz for subscriber, is more then good) but sometime an alternative free lookup may be useful.

Kind regards and sorry for wasting some bandwidth here.

Rick IU2FGB (formerly IW1AWH).



locked Re: Error on WSJT-X

Michael Black
 

Not sure why you're asking on HamApps.   You want the yahoo wsjtx group.

Sounds like you have the wrong settings for your rig.  Unfortunately the error messages are pretty useless.

RRR
Mike W9MDB




From: "jimtesseneer@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 11:50 AM
Subject: [HamApps] Error on WSJT-X

 
When trying to use WSJT-X, I get an error that says  "Rig Failure Hamlib error". Does anyone know how to fix this?
Jim
KE4ZUN






locked Error on WSJT-X

jimtesseneer@...
 

When trying to use WSJT-X, I get an error that says  "Rig Failure Hamlib error". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Jim

KE4ZUN





locked Line 1053

Michael Black
 

Double-click wasn't working (again for some odd reason)....so clicked in WSJT-X and got this error:

Line 1053:
Error: Variable used without being declared.

Support email on it's way too if needed.

RRR
Mike W9MDB


locked Re: : WSTJ-X V 1.7.0

Greg Beam <ki7mt01@...>
 

Hello,

This is probably OT for the HamApps message board, but yes, there are 4 updates. Update (2) is optional as it adds an experimental version of QT5.5.

Users should following the install instructions found at the link below, as there is a bit more than just the core application needs, particularly when compiling WSJT-X.

Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/files/win32/2.0.0/


73's
Greg, KI7MT

On 1/3/2016 03:22, bob.thornton@ntlworld.com [HamApps] wrote:
There are many of us that compile regularly and are not developers.
JTSDK makes this a fast and painless activity. Just be sure to run each
update in sequence before using it. I believe ther are now 4 for
Windows, but check. Also only send helpful feedback. It may get broken
from time to time.


Bob G3WKW


locked Re: Flag for "CQ DX"

K1DJE - Dave Corio
 

    First, Laurie, thanks for the insight into the priority start issue! Have looked for that answer on a couple of Windows forums, but the best answer I ever got was "use a macro program". Not exactly what I was looking for!

    As to the key word flagging, well, I THOUGHT it was working, albeit not 100%, and I thought the ones that didn't work were likely where "DX" was in place of the grid square.

    Please don't add this to your workload if I'm the only one asking for it. I've been trying to train my brain to actually LOOK for the phrase "DX" rather than have a shortcut do it, but sometimes my old brain NEEDS a shortcut hi hi!

Tnx es 73

Dave 'Doc' Corio
KB3MOW
http://www.qsl.net/kb3mow/
On 1/3/2016 5:19 PM, 'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps] wrote:

 

On 2/01/2016 11:56 AM, kb3mow@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie, I don't see anything in the archives about this, and perhaps I'm the only one having this problem, but here goes!

I have the word "DX" flagged in JTAlert to show with a specific color to help me avoid answering a CQ by an operator who calls "CQ DX" It works fine as long as the calling format is "CQ DX", however when an op uses the format "CQ AB1CDE DX", where the "DX" replaces the grid square, the "DX" is not flagged.

Is there currently a way, or would it be possible at some point to have the ability to flag a CQ that has "DX" standing alone - that is, where "DX" is not part of the call (KB3XDX) or part of the grid square (DX24)?

My reason for this is that in the few seconds available to reply to a CQ, it is very easy to start answering, only to realize that the caller wanted DX only.

Finally, does anyone on the forum know how I can start WSJTX with a higher task priority in Windows 10 by using the "Applications/Auto-Start/Parameters" function in JTAlert? I know how to change the priority by using Task Manager/Details, however that method does not persist between sessions.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!
KB3MOW
Dave,

The Keyword alert only applies to messages that are non-standard exchange messages, that is free-form.
I was unable to reproduce the alert activating when the message is of the format "CQ DX CALLSIGN". Are you sure that type of message is triggering the Keyword alert for you?

I can't see how your getting "DX" keyword alerts in anything other than a free-form message. Do you have an example?

"DX24" will never be interpreted as a Grid as it is invalid, the only valid characters for the first two characters of a Grid are in the range A to R.

I'll add your desire for some sort of "DX" indicator/exclusion for CQ/QRZ decodes to the todo list.

Regarding a high-priorty start of WSJT-X... You cannot do this using the JTAlert auto-start parameters. But you can set JTAlert to start a batch file instead of WSJT-X and have that batch file start WSJT-X with the elevated priority. This page describes starting an application high-priorty via a batch file. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Program-Start-at-High-Priority-%28Windows%29

NOTE: I have not tested this but can't see any reason why it wont work.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: Flag for "CQ DX"

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 2/01/2016 11:56 AM, kb3mow@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie, I don't see anything in the archives about this, and perhaps I'm the only one having this problem, but here goes!

I have the word "DX" flagged in JTAlert to show with a specific color to help me avoid answering a CQ by an operator who calls "CQ DX" It works fine as long as the calling format is "CQ DX", however when an op uses the format "CQ AB1CDE DX", where the "DX" replaces the grid square, the "DX" is not flagged.

Is there currently a way, or would it be possible at some point to have the ability to flag a CQ that has "DX" standing alone - that is, where "DX" is not part of the call (KB3XDX) or part of the grid square (DX24)?

My reason for this is that in the few seconds available to reply to a CQ, it is very easy to start answering, only to realize that the caller wanted DX only.

Finally, does anyone on the forum know how I can start WSJTX with a higher task priority in Windows 10 by using the "Applications/Auto-Start/Parameters" function in JTAlert? I know how to change the priority by using Task Manager/Details, however that method does not persist between sessions.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!
KB3MOW
Dave,

The Keyword alert only applies to messages that are non-standard exchange messages, that is free-form.
I was unable to reproduce the alert activating when the message is of the format "CQ DX CALLSIGN". Are you sure that type of message is triggering the Keyword alert for you?

I can't see how your getting "DX" keyword alerts in anything other than a free-form message. Do you have an example?

"DX24" will never be interpreted as a Grid as it is invalid, the only valid characters for the first two characters of a Grid are in the range A to R.

I'll add your desire for some sort of "DX" indicator/exclusion for CQ/QRZ decodes to the todo list.

Regarding a high-priorty start of WSJT-X... You cannot do this using the JTAlert auto-start parameters. But you can set JTAlert to start a batch file instead of WSJT-X and have that batch file start WSJT-X with the elevated priority. This page describes starting an application high-priorty via a batch file. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Program-Start-at-High-Priority-%28Windows%29

NOTE: I have not tested this but can't see any reason why it wont work.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: : WSTJ-X V 1.7.0

Bob Thornton
 

There are many of us that compile regularly and are not developers. JTSDK makes this a fast and painless activity. Just be sure to run each update in sequence before using it. I believe ther are now 4 for Windows, but check. Also only send helpful feedback. It may get broken from time to time.

Bob G3WKW


locked Re: : WSTJ-X V 1.7.0

dh2id@...
 

Version 1.7.0 is in development. You must compile it from source code, which only
developers receive.


locked WSTJ-X V 1.7.0

pa7ra@...
 

Hi Happy New year.

I search  for WSTJ-X version 1.7.0 have some one the link for download this version?
I can only find the 1.6 version But after my pc crashed i will install it back on my pc!

tnx
RIen, PA7RA



locked Flag for "CQ DX"

K1DJE - Dave Corio
 

Laurie, I don't see anything in the archives about this, and perhaps I'm the only one having this problem, but here goes!

I have the word "DX" flagged in JTAlert to show with a specific color to help me avoid answering a CQ by an operator who calls "CQ DX" It works fine as long as the calling format is "CQ DX", however when an op uses the format "CQ AB1CDE DX", where the "DX" replaces the grid square, the "DX" is not flagged.

Is there currently a way, or would it be possible at some point to have the ability to flag a CQ that has "DX" standing alone - that is, where "DX" is not part of the call (KB3XDX) or part of the grid square (DX24)?

My reason for this is that in the few seconds available to reply to a CQ, it is very easy to start answering, only to realize that the caller wanted DX only.

Finally, does anyone on the forum know how I can start WSJTX with a higher task priority in Windows 10 by using the "Applications/Auto-Start/Parameters" function in JTAlert? I know how to change the priority by using Task Manager/Details, however that method does not persist between sessions.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!
KB3MOW


   



locked Re: JT alert on Linux

Ron / W4MMP
 

Hi Laurie,

I am running Debian Jessie on a RPi 2.  I will test also when the code is ready for beta.
73
Ron / W4MMP
On 1/1/2016 18:10, 'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps] wrote:

 

On 24/12/2015 4:30 PM, David djmunn@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie.....you may remember i asked re JTAlert working on Linux with Wine
you said NO...someone saw the post and suggested i look at AlarmeJT.....
i found the software but found it is 64bit and i usually run 32bit for
compatability sake.......i have since found the 32bit version of
AlaremJT and with some work around got it to work...works quite well but
not as good a the JTAlert that you produce.....
--
73 David VK4BDJ
Hi David,

A "Heads Up". I am currently doing a ground-up rewrite of JTAlert using a new Language/Development enviornment (C# / Visual Studio), still under Windows. Part of this rewrite is the testing of all code modules and GUIs under Linux. That testing is being done under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Apart from some minor gui inconsistencies, I have not encounterd any JTAlert breaking features under Linux. I am reasonably confident that JTAlert will be available under Linux, possibly MacOS, some time in the first half of 2016.

de Laurie VK3AMA
   



locked Re: JT alert on Linux

BuDJie
 

Hi Again....Mono seems to work better than Wine....will load Mono ready for when you are..

David

On 02/01/16 09:29, 'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps] wrote:
 

On 2/01/2016 10:18 AM, David djmunn@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie.....sounds great...if you need a Linux tester dont hesitate to ask..
im now running Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu based) on 64 bit but can also run Ubuntu 15.10 also 64bit.....

73 David VK4BDJ
David,

As soon as I have code an end-user can test, I'll send it your way.
All my development and testing  (Windows and Linux) is 64bit.

I neglected to mention in my last message... for a native Windows .NET application to run under Linux & MacOS, Mono needs to be installed. I had no trouble installing Mono on my Ubuntu test environment and I don't regularly use Linux, so I'm sure you will have no issues ;) Think of Mono as just another prerequisite/dependency that needs to be installed as is typical when installing a new app to Linux :-)

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


--
73 David VK4BDJ


locked Re: New Country

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 1/01/2016 11:46 AM, arthur@... [HamApps] wrote:
ON 60m.  I have worked several PA stations, when they show up, they get correctly labeled as B4.  However other PA stations flag the new country alarm.
The "wanted DXCC" correctly shows I have worked the Netherlands on JT65.
any suggestions?

Art
K0AY
Art,

Unless "PA" is marked as no longer needed, by either manually updating the "Wanted DXCC" settings or via a Scan Log, all new "PA" stations will still generate the Alert. JTAlert does not automatically remove a DXCC (or State, Grid, Zone, etc) once worked.

Most users only consider something as no longer needed after there has been a form of confirmation, Card, Lo
tw or eQSL, which happens long after the QSO (days, weeks, years perhaps). I chose to not allow JTAlert to automatically remove the Wanted Status by merely working a Station, but instead rely on a Scan Log or Manual update to change the status which is initiated by the user.

Also consider, if your tracking a Wanted DXCC by mode and have PA confirmed on JT65 and have updated the Wanted Lists to indicated PA is no longer needed, a decode of a PA station running JT9 will still generate the Alert.

If none of the above answers you question, please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include in that email the Callsign and Date/Time when you observed a Wanted Alert when there should have been no alert.
 

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: JT alert on Linux

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 2/01/2016 10:18 AM, David djmunn@... [HamApps] wrote:
Hi Laurie.....sounds great...if you need a Linux tester dont hesitate to ask..
im now running Linux Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu based) on 64 bit but can also run Ubuntu 15.10 also 64bit.....

73 David VK4BDJ
David,

As soon as I have code an end-user can test, I'll send it your way.
All my development and testing  (Windows and Linux) is 64bit.

I neglected to mention in my last message... for a native Windows .NET application to run under Linux & MacOS, Mono needs to be installed. I had no trouble installing Mono on my Ubuntu test environment and I don't regularly use Linux, so I'm sure you will have no issues ;) Think of Mono as just another prerequisite/dependency that needs to be installed as is typical when installing a new app to Linux :-)

de Laurie VK3AMA
   


locked Re: DXKeeper-JTAlert logging issue

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>
 

On 28/12/2015 12:17 PM, Dan Ziolkowski dan.ziolkowski@... [HamApps] wrote:
This problem happened again tonight, I tried to send to you via support option,  all seems to be progressing then get message- cant send email.

Numerous attempts, reboot of PC includied

Thanks Dan KC2STA

Dan,

I don't know why your support request is failing. There are no files stuck on the Server which happens when upload fails mid transmission. Perhaps your Firewall is blocking the attempt? The files are initially sent to the HamApps server via plain old FTP (to avoid user SMTP setup/authentication issues). Once on the Server, they are sent to me direct as emails.

Regarding the Date roll-over issue. I'll send you an updated JTAlert to test once I have identified the code defect.

I am away from my primary development PC until the second week of this month so cant get anything to yet until then.

de Laurie VK3AMA