locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: For vk3ama - wanted state alerts

Jim - N4ST

Actually, female voices are processed in a different part of a man’s brain than male voices, and a man is more responsive to a female voice despite what casual observation would suggest.

Jim – N4ST

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of n0rq
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 09:31
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: For vk3ama - wanted state alerts

Sorry, I can't resist...

On suggestion #2 below, if there's going to be one color for a CQing wanted state, and another color for a "heard" wanted state, then there should be two different sounds as well.

Perhaps a male voice for the CQing wanted state, and a female voice for the "heard" wanted state. The theory is that most of us have trained ourselves to ignore female voices when unwanted.

JUST KIDDING! (Mostly.) :-)

Actually, Laurie is already working on differentiating the CQing and "heard" state alerts, though I don't know how it's going to be implemented...

For the record, I don't "tune out" my wife very much. I think she'd agree to that. I'd ask her, but I'd probably miss the response. :-)

73, Dave N0RQ

--- In Ham-Apps@..., "DAVID" wrote:
>
> hello....
>
> thought would give a shout and suggest an add on or two.
>
>
>
> #1 it would be nice if you can click on the callsign in jt-alert to populate jt65-hf instead of having to scan the whole decoded calls list for desired call.
>
> #2 an help for WAS seekers. when displaying wanted states, perhaps two diffirent colors could be used. one for the state calling cq, and another for the wanted state already in qso.
>
> #3 a way to output the worked states, grids, or whatever without going through the log book files. read their status without going through the setup menu.
>
>
> thank you for the CPU time.
>
> david/wd4kpd
>

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.