locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: For vk3ama - wanted state alerts

Jim - N4ST

Actually, female voices are processed in a different part of a man’s brain than male voices, and a man is more responsive to a female voice despite what casual observation would suggest.

Jim – N4ST

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of n0rq
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 09:31
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: For vk3ama - wanted state alerts

Sorry, I can't resist...

On suggestion #2 below, if there's going to be one color for a CQing wanted state, and another color for a "heard" wanted state, then there should be two different sounds as well.

Perhaps a male voice for the CQing wanted state, and a female voice for the "heard" wanted state. The theory is that most of us have trained ourselves to ignore female voices when unwanted.

JUST KIDDING! (Mostly.) :-)

Actually, Laurie is already working on differentiating the CQing and "heard" state alerts, though I don't know how it's going to be implemented...

For the record, I don't "tune out" my wife very much. I think she'd agree to that. I'd ask her, but I'd probably miss the response. :-)

73, Dave N0RQ