locked Re: Sound FIle Ver 2.4.0 Will not install

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 2/07/2015 10:21 AM, ki0kk@... [HamApps] wrote:
Upgrade fails to install. Try to reinstall get the same error :

(repair will not work)

Could not write EstimatedSize to key /software\MIcrosoft\Windows\Current\Version\Uninstall\Hamapps Sounds (2.4.0).  Asks that I check tha ti have sufficient rights to change the key.... I have run it as administrator?

Everything worked OK with previous versions? Can I go back to the old version?

Greg
KI0KK

Greg,

That registry area is not protected by the OS, it is the recommended area for software to record settings.

It would appear that you Virus software is being overly aggressive in preventing writing the registry entry.

The setup can be run as Administrator, but it is not needed and will normally complete with normal restricted user privileges.

Sorry, Sounds 2.3.0 are not compatible with the  newer JTAlert releases.