locked Re: JTAlert, WSJT-X and Ham Radio Deluxe logging

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 10/06/2015 8:52 PM, mbarawid@... [HamApps] wrote:
I am currently using the JT65-HF HB9HQX Edition and Ham Radio Deluxe logging program.  I read that the WSJT-X is better than the latter in terms of sensitivity and easier to use.  So I have installed both WSJT-X and JTAlert, configured both as per some tutorials available online.  Also configured JTAlert to use HRD 5/6 logging program.  But I have a couple of question which are:

1.  When I receive decoded transmissions and some of the callsigns were already in my HRD logbook, it is not showing that I had already QSO B4.  I need to know if I already had QSO with someone calling me.

2.  Should Ham Radio Deluxe be running in the background?  I tried that too but it gives me error because CAT port is being used by WSJT-X.

Any help is highly appreciated.

73,

de Max DV2UXH

Hi Max,

HRD doesn't need to be running for JTAlert to log QSOs and detect B4s.

B4 detection is automatic provided you have enabled HRD logging. When enabled you will see "HRD" in the JTAlert titlebar.