From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2014 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] 2.5.0 bug

On 16/11/2014 12:13 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
I have noticed something else with the 2.5.0 version. If I close it down with the X in the upper right corner of the window, the JTAlert process continues to run and if I then start JTAlert from the shortcut icon, it asks me if I want to start a second instance of JTAlert. I guess that this is really not a bug, but I have not seen this before. I always operate with a single instance of WSJT-X and JTAlert-X.

I will install 2.5.1 soon and report any problems that I might encounter.

Thanks for the software...as always!

Ed, K0KC
Ed,

This is the first report of the Close Button leaving the JTAlert.exe process running for Windows7, I had reports of it for WinXP and could reproduce the behaviour under WinXP.

2.5.1 corrects that behaviour (in all my tests that is).