From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of Laurie, VK3AMA
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:01 PM
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: Version 1.5.9 and Virus

JT-Alert_Sounds_1.0.2_Setup.exe is virus free.

Results can be viewed here... http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/64d73e69eba9875e22ef283f07f9970d4ac4de7b

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 03-February-2012 08:52, wm9q_il wrote:

JT alert sounds is now flagging as having a virus.  Tried to download it today.

Ron
WM9Q

--- In Ham-Apps@..., Ron Walters <rsw.walters@...> wrote:

The good news is effective Friday 1-20-12 the Avast update corrected
the problem.  Really missed JT65-Alert for two days.

73 de
Ron W4LDE

On 1/18/12, Damien FORESTIER  wrote:
Yes I have the same issue using Avast...

The only way for the moment is to desactivate temporary Avast's
permanent checking....

I hope they will erase from the Rootkit list.

73 - Damien F5RRS

2012/1/18 w4lde :
Until today's update from Avast I ran alert ver 1.5.9 without any
problems, however, now the anti-virus program states that JT65-Alaert EXE
contains a virus called WIN32:Rootkit-Gen which is real and somewhat
dangerous.

I believe that it is a false positive and have sent the file to Avast for
their feedback, however, unfortunately I can not run 1.5.9 and had to
revert back to 1.5.6

Anyone else experience a virus alert from either Avast or another
anti-virus program?

Love the program and now feel lost without 1.5.9 running hi hi.

73 de
Ron W4LDE