locked Re: New Member

Henry Stoltenberg <ageguy@...>

Yes

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] New Member

Did you try uninstalling your old version first?
Mike W9MDB

-----------------------------------
Michael D. Black

On Monday, September 15, 2014 9:19 PM, "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]" wrote:

Henry,

2.4.13 wont be a problem with losing settings files, but if you want you can backup this directory "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps"

Please try and perform the install with your virus/malware software temporarily disabled. If that still fails, please email me direct a screen-capture showing the error message window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 12:05 PM, 'Henry Stoltenberg' ageguy@... [HamApps] wrote:
Thanks for your quick response. I’m using Windows 7 Ultimate and was using 2.4.13? and was advised to upgrade to 2.4.20? I have uninstalled the software, When I try to reinstall it I get the “object exists” message and installation stops. No software to uninstall anymore.

The only reason why I was going to upgrade is the “updates” message in the JT Alert title bar was annoying me so I finally decided to fix it. I wish I hadn’t.

73

Henry
WD0DMO

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 8:59 PM

Hi Henry,

Welcome to the group.

What JTAlert version were you upgrading from?
What version of Windows?

In your situation, the only option will be to uninstall JTAlert (using Windows Control Panel) and then run the Setup executable again. JTAlert settings are retained during an uninstall, but not always, it depends on how old your version is. If you let me know your Windows version, I will be able to advise what files to manually backup incase they get removed during the uninstall.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 11:47 AM, ageguy@... [HamApps] wrote:
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I have been using JT Alert for over a year now and really enjoy it. I seem to having a problem though. Today I decided to update the software and now it will not operate? It tried to install and goes about 75% of the way and stops and terminates the installation saying the object exists?

Please help if you can

73
Henry
WD0DMO