locked Re: webpage display "calls spotted" and 'calls you spotted' balnk.

Michael Black

I think you should switch after the decode ends. I normally wait until after the decoder is done.

I have noticed the "wrong band" appearing on JT-Alert when I switch too soon which, of course, creates bad hamspots.

I just confirmed when I switched at 45 seconds that the ALL.TXT shows the decode from the "old" frequency after it puts in the line showing the frequency change.

Mike W9MDB

Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:51 AM
To: HamApps@...
Subject: RE: [HamApps] webpage display "calls spotted" and 'calls you spotted' balnk.

Thanks for that explanation Mike.

Perhaps I clicked the wrong band in the selection box momentarily which caused the issue. Sounds the most logical.

Unfortunately won’t be noticed in the upload of data, so must be wary of this as I tend to switch bands after the 48 second mark.

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Sent: 16 September 2014 13:34
Subject: RE: [HamApps] webpage display "calls spotted" and 'calls you spotted' balnk.

I do believe if you're flipping bands at the wrong time you can cause this.

I've noticed that if you flip bands toward the end of the cycle but before the cycle completes the decoded calls will be compared against your current band instead of the received band.

So I wonder if you flip bands if the audio should be zeroed out perhaps since you're abandoning the old band?

Mike W9MDB

Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:57 AM

Thanks Laurie, that has seemed to fix it.

I noted the reason i was blocked and it confuses me somewhat as I have only been in 15m and 20m for the last few months excepting for a brief foray into the WARC bands when contesters have made use of the WS part of the bands unworkable. I use WSJT-X and wonder where the band data comes from as it would be useful to stop it happening again.

Apologies to all affected by this error on my part.

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

Sent: 16 September 2014 11:47
Subject: Re: [HamApps] webpage display "calls spotted" and 'calls you spotted' balnk.

Check the [Blocked.Calls] link, top left of the Cluster Spots display on the JT9 or JT65 Chat pages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 16/09/2014 8:30 PM, 'chas cartmel' chas@... [HamApps] wrote:

Hi

Question in the subject.

I am signed in, and the spots appear in the right hand table, but no data in the tables specifically relating to my contacts.

Thought it was at my end as just changed AV software from Kaspersky to AVG, but switching this off had no effect, and anyway as the spots were populated this being the culprit was unlikely.

Charlie

www.G4EST.me.uk

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5315 / Virus Database: 4158/8214 - Release Date: 09/15/14

Version: 2015.0.5315 / Virus Database: 4158/8220 - Release Date: 09/16/14

Version: 2015.0.5315 / Virus Database: 4158/8220 - Release Date: 09/16/14

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.