locked Re: JTAlert 2.4.20 and Avast

Ed Wilson

Thanks, Sam. I have been using Avast and JTAlert for several years now and have never had a problem. I will try some of your suggested tricks below. If I cannot make it work, I may revert to 2.4.19 as I think that I still have that installer.

Ed, K0KC

From: "Sam Morgan k5oai.sam@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert 2.4.20 and Avast

If I remember correctly, (I did this maybe 4 months ago),
I had to go through some sort of process. Something like uninstall
JTAlert, disable Avast til I did a reboot. Write the exception to Avast.
Restart the computer, install JTAlert.... I'm not exactly sure of the
exact sequence, but it has worked for me over the last many months of
JTAlert,s updates, including some that consisted of adding a
new/different JTAlert.exe's It has never tried to quarantine either
JTAlert.exe or JTMacros.exe since I got the exception rule to take.

Trust me it does work, you just have to be smarter than the Antivirus
that is trying to protect you.

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan

On 7/23/2014 7:09 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
> Sam,
>
> This did not work for me.
> Ed, K0KC

snip

> Thanks for the idea, Sam. I will give this a try tomorrow as well.
> Ed, K0KC

snip
> Open Avast
> go to Settings (the gear looking thing)
> Click on Antivirus
> scroll down to Exclusions
> under File Paths
> ADD
> C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTMacros.exe

snip
> On 7/23/2014 6:12 PM, Don AA5AU aa5au@... [HamApps] wrote:
> > I was made to believe that Avast would allow you to tag the
> program as
> > being safe, something McAfee can't do. Is this not the case?
> >
> > Don AA5AU
snip