locked Re: Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed Wilson

Yep, that is one of my shortcomings in life...I worry too much and that leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.

Ed, K0KC

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed,

No need to worry, any changes I make to HRD logging will not affect the direct logging method. That will remain and the new method, if I get it to work, will be a user-selectable option.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 23/06/2014 8:35 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Laurie,

I hope that whatever is required for you to issue logging commands directly to HRD version 6.2 will also apply to the "free" version of HRD (5.24) that many of us are still using. The "improvements" in version 6.x just do not justify the price and from what I read, version 6.x is still very "buggy". If not, please allow an option in JTAlert to keep writing directly to the log database. I would gladly pay for the update if the product was superior to the free version, but from all that I have read, it is not.

Ed, K0KC

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Hi Ed,

Not sure when I will get some quality time for testing, but HRD has supplied me with the information necessary for a 3rd party application, like JTAlert, to instruct HRDLog to log a QSO. This avoids the writing direct to the log and hopefully automated tasks that occur now in HRDLog, like uploading of QSOs, may also get actioned. I believe the command instructions I have only work with HRD 6.2, so once I get around to installing 6.2 I will do some JTAlert testing using this alternate logging method.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 22/06/2014 8:27 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Thanks for the info, Laurie. As long as everything keeps working, I do not think that I am interested enough to examine that upload session file. I am just pleased that JTAlert can automatically initiate the upload...I do not know how I missed this option in JTAlert, but it does save me several mouse clicks for each contact compared to when I was doing it manually for JT65 and JT9 contacts. As you know HRD automatically initiates the upload if you enter the log info manually, but not when you write directly to the database as JTAlert does.

Ed, K0KC

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.