locked Re: Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed Wilson

Thanks for the info, Dan. I believe that they have a 30-day trial version...I guess I will have to download that and give it a spin. Like you, I primarily use the HRD log and occasionally DM780.

Ed, K0KC

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 7:58 AM
Subject: RE: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed I just read your post concerning HRD 6.2.  I am running 6.2 without any problems. It may be buggy for others, and certainly there are some bugs.  Any software project that large has to have a few.  Just thought you’d like to hear from a satisfied user.

BTW some of the biggest improvements are in HRD Log.  QSO’d entities are more logically displayed and annotated.

The best prayer ever said: "Lord please make me the
kind of person my dog thinks I am."

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Laurie,

I hope that whatever is required for you to issue logging commands directly to HRD version 6.2 will also apply to the "free" version of HRD (5.24) that many of us are still using. The "improvements" in version 6.x just do not justify the price and from what I read, version 6.x is still very "buggy". If not, please allow an option in JTAlert to keep writing directly to the log database. I would gladly pay for the update if the product was superior to the free version, but from all that I have read, it is not.

Ed, K0KC

From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]" <HamApps@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Hi Ed,

Not sure when I will get some quality time for testing, but HRD has supplied me with the information necessary for a 3rd party application, like JTAlert, to instruct HRDLog to log a QSO. This avoids the writing direct to the log and hopefully automated tasks that occur now in HRDLog, like uploading of QSOs, may also get actioned. I believe the command instructions I have only work with HRD 6.2, so once I get around to installing 6.2 I will do some JTAlert testing using this alternate logging method.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 22/06/2014 8:27 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Thanks for the info, Laurie. As long as everything keeps working, I do not think that I am interested enough to examine that upload session file. I am just pleased that JTAlert can automatically initiate the upload...I do not know how I missed this option in JTAlert, but it does save me several mouse clicks for each contact compared to when I was doing it manually for JT65 and JT9 contacts. As you know HRD automatically initiates the upload if you enter the log info manually, but not when you write directly to the database as JTAlert does.

Ed, K0KC

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.