locked Re: Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups06@...>

Hi Ed,

Not sure when I will get some quality time for testing, but HRD has supplied me with the information necessary for a 3rd party application, like JTAlert, to instruct HRDLog to log a QSO. This avoids the writing direct to the log and hopefully automated tasks that occur now in HRDLog, like uploading of QSOs, may also get actioned. I believe the command instructions I have only work with HRD 6.2, so once I get around to installing 6.2 I will do some JTAlert testing using this alternate logging method.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 22/06/2014 8:27 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Thanks for the info, Laurie. As long as everything keeps working, I do not think that I am interested enough to examine that upload session file. I am just pleased that JTAlert can automatically initiate the upload...I do not know how I missed this option in JTAlert, but it does save me several mouse clicks for each contact compared to when I was doing it manually for JT65 and JT9 contacts. As you know HRD automatically initiates the upload if you enter the log info manually, but not when you write directly to the database as JTAlert does.

Ed, K0KC