locked Re: Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed Wilson

Thanks for the info, Laurie. As long as everything keeps working, I do not think that I am interested enough to examine that upload session file. I am just pleased that JTAlert can automatically initiate the upload...I do not know how I missed this option in JTAlert, but it does save me several mouse clicks for each contact compared to when I was doing it manually for JT65 and JT9 contacts. As you know HRD automatically initiates the upload if you enter the log info manually, but not when you write directly to the database as JTAlert does.

Ed, K0KC

From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Hi Ed,

I don't know how HRDLog.net manages uploads. If they are batched for later processing that could explain the delay.
I do suspect they have some performance issues. During my testing it would take a minute or more to delete a log entry, very slow and sometimes the delete wouldn't happen and I would have to initiate it again.

Today during testing, JTAlert was getting an upload success acknowledgement within a second of the upload. Examining some old session files, it was typically taking 30 seconds.

JTAlert initiates the upload in a separate process before the normal successful logging notice is event shown.

There is a HRDLog upload session file (with time stamps) you can examine if your interested. On my Win7 PC it is located at "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\JTAlert\\sessions\hrdlog_1.trace". It can be viewed in a text editor. There are several lines for each upload. Look for the word "/trace" and the timestamp of that line is when the upload was initiated. The timestamp on the next line, which is typically "Upload OK"
, is when a response was received from HRDLog.net

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 22/06/2014 8:50 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Ok, Laurie, I was able to get on the air for a bit this evening (US) and made about 5 contacts that uploaded to HRDLog.net via JTAlert almost immediately. Perhaps network issues or an issue at HRDLog previously, but JTAlert seems to be working fine now.

Ed, K0KC