locked Re: Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Ed Wilson

Thanks for the info, Laurie. As long as everything keeps working, I do not think that I am interested enough to examine that upload session file. I am just pleased that JTAlert can automatically initiate the upload...I do not know how I missed this option in JTAlert, but it does save me several mouse clicks for each contact compared to when I was doing it manually for JT65 and JT9 contacts. As you know HRD automatically initiates the upload if you enter the log info manually, but not when you write directly to the database as JTAlert does.

Ed, K0KC

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Don't upload QSO to HRDlog today

Hi Ed,

I don't know how HRDLog.net manages uploads. If they are batched for later processing that could explain the delay.
I do suspect they have some performance issues. During my testing it would take a minute or more to delete a log entry, very slow and sometimes the delete wouldn't happen and I would have to initiate it again.

Today during testing, JTAlert was getting an upload success acknowledgement within a second of the upload. Examining some old session files, it was typically taking 30 seconds.

JTAlert initiates the upload in a separate process before the normal successful logging notice is event shown.

There is a HRDLog upload session file (with time stamps) you can examine if your interested. On my Win7 PC it is located at "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Ham-Apps\JTAlert\\sessions\hrdlog_1.trace". It can be viewed in a text editor. There are several lines for each upload. Look for the word "/trace" and the timestamp of that line is when the upload was initiated. The timestamp on the next line, which is typically "Upload OK"
, is when a response was received from HRDLog.net

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 22/06/2014 8:50 AM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Ok, Laurie, I was able to get on the air for a bit this evening (US) and made about 5 contacts that uploaded to HRDLog.net via JTAlert almost immediately. Perhaps network issues or an issue at HRDLog previously, but JTAlert seems to be working fine now.

Ed, K0KC

To: "HamApps@..."
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:37 AM

I did some further testing this morning, Laurie. One of my contacts that was supposedly uploaded with the aid of JTAlert had not shown up on HRDLog.net nearly an hour after the contact. I then manually uploaded it with HRD Logbook v. 5.24 and it showed up within about a minute.

Ed, K0KC

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Laurie,

I did some testing this morning with the JTAlert option to upload to HRDLog.net enabled. It seems to work, but it appears very slow (seeing the contact on the web log) compared to manually uploading. I did try a manual upload and it was slower than usual, but faster than JTAlert

Ed, K0KC

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:28 AM

Laurie,

My report may not have been applicable. I manually upload to HRDLog after each contact. I did not realize that JTAlert could do it automatically (after several years of use)...I will have to check that out today!

Ed, K0KC

From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]" <HamApps@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:02 AM

Ed,

Thanks for the report.

I finally got the uploads to work. Problem was a verrrrry slow internet connection. My ISP was having issues with International traffic. A cable brooadband connection was down to 1 - 3KB/s.

I will be adding a user-settable time-out value for HRDLog (and ClubLog) uploads into the next JTAlert release,

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 21/06/2014 8:49 PM, Ed Wilson ed.wilson@... [HamApps] wrote:
Ruhao and Laurie,

I am using Version 2.4.19 of JTAlert and upload to HRDLog after each contact and have not experienced any problems since upgrading. I have not tried uploading today (US time) however.

Ed, K0KC

From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups06@... [HamApps]" <HamApps@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:32 AM

Ruhao,

I believe the problem is with HRDLog.net.
I am unable to upload QSOs during testing.

I am trying to contact the developers at HRDLog to see if there have been changes.

I would like to examine your session files to see what is happening with your HRDLog uploads. Please use the "Settings -> Contact Support" menu to send me your Session files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 21/06/2014 6:37 PM, bg4drl@... [HamApps] wrote:
DR Laurie VK3AMA,
No direct relationship with the version with the new version of the morning or good, up QSO found today after not upload to HRDlog, should be the reason HRDlog's. Can confirm the following
Another update check is also error, there is no direct relationship?
Ruhao, BG4DRL

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.