locked Re: questions re JT-Macros and JT-Alert: no name, how to set power?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups06@...>

Hi Jon,

The TX Power and Name used in JTMacros come from the associated fields in the JTAlert Log Fields display.
To show the log fields use the "Settings -> Show Log Fields" menu.

The Name comes from any previous QSO with that callsign found in your DXKeeper Log and if none found from a QRZ or HamQTH XML lookup if either of those is enabled.

JTAlert makes no attempt to populate the Name field of the WSJT-X Log Window. If there is a name in that Log Window it will be logged to DXKeeper, unless a Name is shown in the JTAlert Log Fields in which case that value takes precedence and is logged to DXKeeper.

Hope you find the programs useful.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 11/05/2014 10:04 AM, Jon McCombie n1ilz@... [HamApps] wrote:
Please forgive the "stupid newbie" question, but I can't find the answers in documentation.

I'm using WSJT-X with JT-Macros-X and JT-Alert-X and DXLabSuite's DXKeeper. Most everything seems to be running smoothly, but a few questions:

How can I tell JT-Macros-X my power level? Whenever I click a macro with the & substitution, it doesn't substitute, and in any case I don't see how I can specify my power level.

I configured JT-Alert-X and DXKeeper to use HamQTH to get names. DXKeeper on its own seems to get names OK (logging non-JT QSOs), but the Name field is never populated in the WSJT-X Log window, nor does the name appear as a substitute for "$" in JT-Macros. What am I missing?

Thanks and 73 de
--Jon   N1ILZ
n1ilz {at} arrl {dot} net