locked Re: [Ham-Apps] DXCC Entity Disagreement

Ed Wilson

Thanks Jörg, more information than I ever expected to receive, but it might be useful to others who need Asiatic Russia for an award.

Ed, K0KC

From: "Jörg Hochheimer, DL6ZBN"
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2013 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] DXCC Entity Disagreement

Hi every1,

according to his QRZ.com record and to the QSL card which he shows in his record, it's definitely Asiatic Russia.

ITU zone 21 and CQ zone 18 are Asia. On that ITU zone map you see the Europe/Asia border in pink dots, and ITU zone 21 being much farther to the East:

(Source: http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/ITU/zone21.htm )

And the Krasnojarsk Region (RDA: KK-nn) is a Central Asian region. See this on Google Maps:

"A" marks Krasnojarsk region. The red line is (very roughly) the Europe/Asia border.

So... no doubt about him being in Asia.

Hope that helps.

Vy 73 de Joerg "Joe", DL6ZBN

Am 04.08.2013 18:55, schrieb charlie cartmel:

One answer on ‘tinternet’ says the dividing line between the two areas is the Ural Mountains. Must check my map when he next comes on.

73
Charlie
ww.G4EST.me.uk