Re: RTTY RU Worked Before Problem - Fault Found

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/01/2022 10:40 am, Jim Cooper wrote:
FYI, I can note for you that the RU contest
Cabrillo file submission wants RY for RTTY
contacts and DG for all other digital contacts.

2.4 In the Cabrillo formatted log, RTTY contacts use RY and
all other digital modes use the DG
mode abbreviations.

I don't know if these get put into the ADIF log file,
but that's basically where the DG comes from.

w2jc

It looks like a bad design decision by N3FJP, IMHO. changing the logged mode to meet the requirements of a Cabrillo log submission. If it was me, I would log the mode correctly, as used on-air, then change the mode as part of the Cabrillo file generation.