Re: RTTY RU Worked Before Problem

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/01/2022 8:19 am, Jeff Young wrote:
Yes. I receive a confirmation from JTAert that the contest was logged and the logged QSO shows up immediately in the N3FJP log on my second screen.

Also, there was no restart of JTAlert during the contest. What would happen if the software is restarted?

Thanks
Jeff KB3HF

Jeff,

If JTAlert is confirming the QSO was logged, which involves a direct read of the physical log file, then the B4 checks which are performed against the physical log file should also be accurate. I don't have an explanation at this time why the B4 status is lost on a band change, it appears that something is not working correctly. It may be in the JTAlert code in relation to the changes necessary to utilize one of the N3FJP contest loggers rather than ACLog.

I will need to reinstall my N3FJP software and setup a contest test environment to run some tests and hopefully can replicate the issue. If you don't mind, it would be helpful if I could get a zipped copy of your N3FJP RU contest log. It is best if I can test against real log data rather than artificial data.
Please send it to me direct if you can. to VK3AMA.Ham.Apps [at] gmail.com

Regarding my question about JTAlert restarts, that would only have been an issue if the wrong log file was being referenced and the internal B4 status cache being cleared on restarts. You can ignore the question since you were getting logging confirmations indicating the correct log was set.