Joe Subich, W4TV

You can put all the safeguards in the software you want, but I'm sorry, sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
Not necessarily stupidity. Could be as simple as having an older
radio that does not disconnect the microphone in digital modes or
not knowing how to properly configure their radio. Even the newest
Icom rigs default to MIC,ACC for data mode audio.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-02 12:53 PM, David Brittenham wrote:
These sounds are bad enough, but IMO the worst offenders are those who have their station mic live, where you hear 2-meter QSO's in the background, police scanners, eyeball QSO's, and on more than one occasion, a family fight going on.  You can put all the safeguards in the software you want, but I'm sorry, sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
73
David
WA0RVK