JT-Alert will not use the "Default Audio Device" for alerts but
that does not prevent the user for setting both JT-Alert Alerts
and WSJTX/JTDX from using the same sound card.

JT-Alert already includes a warning not to use the same sound card
as the transmitter. I suppose Laurie could read the WSJTX/JTDX configuration and "hide" or lock out that sound card but there
must be some limits to the "nanny act."

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-01 7:50 AM, Jose - N4BAA via groups.io wrote:
Hello and HNY everyone,
There should be a setting that when a station invokes any type of TXing to another station, that there be automated 'muting' of the JT Alerts (New Grid, New DXCC, New "whatever")... It is terrible to hear all these alerts on the air. Some ops have every audible alert selected and it can last up to 10 plus seconds of hearing it.
Does this exist already or am I missing the option somewhere?
HNYJoseN4BAA