the actual peak power (PEP).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-12-14 12:55 PM, Robert T wrote:
I don't know if this is a setup issue or something in my config.
I have an IC-9700 interfaced to my PC via a microKeyer II.
Everything works as it should however when I TX in FT4/8 my power meter shows 95 watts, which is what I have the radio and levels set to. If I switch the mode to MSK144, my power meter reads approximately 50 watts. This occurs without making any other changes other than the mode.
Any clues as to why this is?
Bob, K2RET