locked Re: Wanted States Alert

Jim Austin

Thanks, Jim N6VH for the advice. I did the update to Log4OM and a big download from LoTW. All good to go.

73 Jim  W4KCM

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:54 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 27/11/2021 3:37 am, Jim N6VH wrote:
> There was a defect in Log4OM 2.17 (and possibly earlier). When a QSO
> was confirmed by LOTW, and the state was WV, Log4OM changed the state
> to VA. This has been corrected in Log4OM  2.18, so it would be helpful
> to do the upgrade. Once you do that, you can either:
>
> 1. Go through your log and change each incorrect state to WV. One way
> to do this is to use a filter in Log4OM QSO Manager. Filter for "State
> EQUAL VA" and "Cnty LIKE_STARTING_WITH WV. This should show all the WV
> QSOs that were confirmed by LOTW, but the state was changed to "VA"
> Then, still in the QSO Manager, select all of those QSOs. Since the
> QSOs listed should all be the ones with an incorrect state, click
> Select/deselect near the lower left of the QSO Manager. Then, just  go
> to Single Field Update. In the "Field to update" box, select "State".
> In "New value", enter "WV". Then click "Update". That should do the
> trick.
>
> 2. The other method, and less complicated, is to use the Log4OM QSL
> Manager. Once set to LOTW, and you are in the "Download confirmations"
> screen, click "Date range". Set the "QSO from" date to the earliest
> date you need. Set the "QSO to" date to the latest date you need -
> even using the current date will be fine. The do the download. This
> should change every incorrect state to the correct one. You might want
> to check a few QSOs, just to be certain.
>
> After doing either "1" or "2", do a "Rebuild Alert Database" in
> JTAlert. Everything should work correctly now.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim N6VH

Thanks Jim!

Good to see that the Log4OM team finally confirmed the defect within
their software, it has taken a while. This WV change to VA for LoTW
confirmed QSOs was reported many months ago.

Regards,
 Jim