Re: Windows 11

Tim Reimers KA4LFP

"an in-place OS upgrade on a computer that's older than 3 years old is a complete waste of time and effort"

"Bravo! I am glad somebody finally said this"

 I don't know that I would go so far as 3 years.
 And I work in IT professionally, in a large enterprise org.
 5 years is probably more the limit and is considered the replacement cycle lifetime for most desktop hardware.

That said the jump from windows 7 to Windows 10 made a lot more older computers more usable.

Almost everything I own was originally windows 7, and is now 5 to 8 years old. and and when I upgraded it to Windows 10, essentially got a new life since 10 is much better written at its kernel level..

 Most folks I have heard complaining about Windows 10 either do not run their systems properly or have hardware far older than that that they want to work Windows 10 with.